Now Khan is trying to line up a fight with Manny if Floyd fight doesn't happen

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

I was quite sketchy about this fight when I heard about it with Floyd... now this is showing that the fight may have indeed just have been a lot of talk.

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=3652&y=2014&m=01

Bolton's Amir Khan has gone on record to state that he would have no problems fighting former gym friend Manny Pacquiao, should his coveted fight with Floyd Mayweather fail to materialise.

"I'd fight Manny," said Khan.

"Look, it's business. We are friends and respect each other, but I would definitely consider the fight, and I am sure he would too. To bring it to Dubai, too, that would be huge. I am ready for whatever. Have I ever turned down a fight? Never. I fight whoever is put in front of me."

The comments have emerged simultaneously with the news that the 27-year old has put his signature on the Mayweather fight contract, but that the contract has yet to be signed and agreed by Floyd himself.

You can only surmise that Khan is hedging his bets and/or putting pressure on Floyd Mayweather to commit one way or the other, amidst rumours that Floyd and his team now have their eye on vanquishing their friend Adrien Broner's conqueror, Marcos Maidana.

Mayweather has recently taken to social media to publish three mock up photographs of him beating up Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao and Marcos Maidana - in an effort to hype the media that he has one of them next in his sights.

If Floyd does choose Maidana next, it will be a cynical move. If it's Khan then that will be seen as a 'safety first' approach.

But whilst observers believe the Manny Pacquiao fight has long since perished on the vine, it would still be the number one choice for the lion's share of boxing fans.

We shall watch this space WITHOUT anticipation.

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Man, it's a collaboration to create gossip to make people anticipate what's going next. Whatever makes the most money is what's going to happen. Either in the short term or the long term. Stop playing with my emotions SiB, I'm sick over here. Your posting privileges are suspended until my migraine goes away.

3. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

ok man, sorry lol

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Floyd vs a polar bear. THAT is a fight I would pay to see.