Now calling myself 'Old as Rocks' Tai Chi Self Defence Video

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by robertmap, Feb 18, 2022.

1. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi,

I used to be a keen member of MAP, but over the last several years have simply not been engaging here... SORRY :)

I recently made a quick and dirty video which initially was just for me - as a reference source for ideas for a forthcoming seminar that I'm delivering... but having made the video, it was only a matter of half an hour to edit it and throw it up on YouTube... So, if you are interested:

Basic ideas and techniques using Tai Chi movements and principles for Fighting / Self Defence

Keep well, train hard, have fun.

Robert.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2022
    axelb likes this.
  2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome back @robertmap this is the place to be these days. :)

robertmap likes this.
  3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

robertmap likes this.
  4. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Yes it's been too long - over the years I had to give up Karate due to recurring injuries - one of which was caused by a TKD war-up - that'll teach me to cross-train :) :) :) Mind you, my Sensei has now retired from teaching so would probably have stopped anyway. Tai Chi is my mainstay now, 95% for health and fitness and just the 5% keeping my interest in Self Defence alive :) Have started learning Chen style Tai Chi (nearly a year of that now) and teaching both in the real-world (Covid allowing) and online.

I'll look through the message threads and see if I can catch up a bit on what's been going on :)

Hope everyone is well and having as good a time as circumstances allow.

axelb likes this.