Not so ingenius idea!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Jan 14, 2006.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Well, I've been doing my EDT, and so far so good, already gaining some strength back, and I think I'm starting to shed some fat, as my school pants fit a bit better, so that's all good. But I've come to realize that my groove is just way messed up. I just can't get into the groove like I used to!

So here's my idea. "Practice" my benching, rowing, and even deadlifting with whatever load I'm using for EDT, but only do one rep at a time. So on rep on bench, rest a minute, then another rep, rest, etc. for each exercise. This would be done on off days. Yeah, I know, it's GTG. But I think it'd help me find my groove and get me back to where I'm supposed to be. Plus it would help with form, and possibly be good active recovery.

Thoughts on this? Would it be worth it to "practice" the lifts? Thanks ya'll!

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Practice the lifts as you lift. Drop the weight and consentrate on form for say the first couple of sets of your standard routine. Ie. I dropped ther weight i was squatting to 30kg so i could consentratw on my form. Then after the first two sets of 4*6 I was confident it was good form so I bumpoed up the weight a little, still focussing on form

You need time for muscles to rest, that is my only ocncern with your idea