Not recieving any notifications

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by CrowZer0, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Mail wasn't working till about 8pm last night, and you won't get notifications for posts made between MAP coming back online and mail starting to flow again. Nor will you get notifications for threads that haven't been updated.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

But those threads have been updated, most of them, and a few today, I check my user cp and they are there, but still no notifications even for this one.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Not all of them. Only "What pc games are you currently playing?, What was the last movie you watched, Customer service horror stories, MAP 2012 push ups challenge: 1,000,000, and Employers and Facebook" have been updated since yesterday, and remember the mail only came back on at 7.30PM so anything before that wouldn't have been. The rest start at the 15th and go back from there, those ones you won't get notifications for as mail wasn't working at all.

Also I've just checked the mail server, mail is being sent out in bucketloads, however some of your mails are being rejected, including one for this thread.

"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxxx@yyy.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Message rejected."

I can't do anything about that, the problem's outside of MAP's server.

4. CrowZer0

Well it's weird because I receive some notifications from MAP but not others, also this problem only started after the downtime, I've never had issues with recieving emails from MAP or anywhere else. These are the latest threads to which I haven't recieved any notifications from.

New Subscribed Threads: (4) Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What book are you currently reading? ([​IMG] 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page)
    Anth
    Reply | Unsubscribe
    Today 11:06 PM
    by holyheadjch [​IMG]
    1,781 93,959 [​IMG] [​IMG] Come with it!
    finite monkey
    Reply | Unsubscribe
    Today 10:01 PM
    by finite monkey [​IMG]
    51 527 [​IMG] [​IMG] Movies you are most looking forward to in 2012
    CrowZer0
    Reply | Unsubscribe
    Today 08:07 PM
    by Chimpcheng [​IMG]
    24 414 [​IMG] Not recieving any notifications
    CrowZer0
    Reply | Unsubscribe
    Today 07:09 PM
    by Saz [​IMG]
    22 236

5. CrowZer0

6. CrowZer0

Does that mean it's on my email client side? Because I'm receiving emails from many other places and forums, other MAP members seem to be having the same issues and they don't use the same email provider as myself.

7. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

I haven't gotten any notices since the server went down either.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90038 is one thread that last had a post at 4:48pm today that I'm subscribed to.

I'm using Gmail, which clearly isn't down or the world would have ended, and the notices aren't in the spam folder.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  8. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Hi there im not receiving notifications either, just letting you know i realize you guys are working hard and it is much appreciated.

Thanks.:love:

9. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member

As one more data point, I didn't get a notification about gsambrookes post to the thread, so it's not working on new subscriptions for me either.

10. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I got a whole bunch of emails overnight for all my recent thread posts. Seems to be working for me, if now at a different time of day

11. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Not getting notifications either

Somebody do something! For the children!

12. CrowZer0

Yay, I got two notifications! Yay! One for this thread one for the last movie watched thread, now going to check the USER cp.

Lets see how it goes I got 2 out of 6, but I'm pretty sure a couple of them I haven't checked recently so maybe that's why no notifications. On the other hand I'm sure I've been checking customer service horror stories. Will keep updated.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  13. finite monkey

Not getting notifications is hard work

I'm worn out!

14. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Hi there just letting you know that im still not receiving notifications.

Thanks.

15. finite monkey

Getting notifications

16. finite monkey

False alarm

17. CrowZer0

Same still no notifications.

18. Haakon

Haakon Valued Member