Not much choice here.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by zombiekicker, Mar 14, 2019.

1. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

So I want to start training again, childhood judo, 18 months of ninpo taijutsu at shinobi kai, for what thats worth, and a little bit of JKD a few years ago, soooo, where do we go now? JKD is only once a week, but its only a fiver so thats a plus, but it seems that everything else and i mean everything else round here is a Mc Dojo, I suppose if i put my general postcode? ( is that allowed?) you can peruse, and the new BJJ in worthing isnt an option as the bloke there was with another guy who tried to bottle me 20 years ago . I look forward to your help, i am leaning towards JKD again but i want to train more often. Oh yeah BN12 6LN.

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Depends what you're after, and how far you're willing to travel. There's TKD in Worthing, although I know nothing about it. Portsmouth has MMA etc I believe?

zombiekicker likes this.
  3. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

4. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I don't drive mate so it is limiting, i used to get my missus doing 44 miles twice a week taking me to the ninjers, god knows how much that was in petrol, the JKD i did was just up the road until the copper teaching it at the police gym retired and moved to wales, selfish bloke lol, i would like to do boxing and wrestling but it just isnt here as far as i can see. Thanks there is an mma gym in town but i feel a bit intimidated as im 48 and a bit fat.

5. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Looking where you live, there’s Worthing JKD. Is that where you’re going back to?

The website shows these guys are instructors under Bob Breen’s lineage, which is an extremely good sign. I’d very happily train under a Bob Breen instructor.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    ned likes this.
  6. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

Yeah mate steve eldridge was the host until he retired, and now the two guys darren and mark teach, its a no brainer isnt it really, why am i even asking this question lol. Cheers monkey, was my fave show as a kid, my mum bought danish pastries home from work and used to watch monkey and the water margin xx

ned and Monkey_Magic like this.
  7. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

the power of monkey was irrepressible

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  8. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

cheers mate im going back to JKD , i was questioning my own motives i suppose, i emailed my old ninjer boy weirdly he hasnt replied after me questioning the no contactness of it all

axelb and Mitch like this.
  9. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I’d definitely choose the JKD school over ninjitsu, especially as Worthing JKD’s instructors come from Bob Breen’s lineage.

zombiekicker likes this.
  10. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

yeah dude we actually hit each other at JKD, no larping involved

Monkey_Magic likes this.