Not a What is better thread (at least I hope not)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hobbitlauncher, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Hobbitlauncher

Hobbitlauncher Chronic Complaint Dept.

it's not so much neglect as something I don't want to train in currently. I want to mix things in slowly, perfect the technique of one thing or another and THEN worrying about blending other things in... 2 flawed techniques is 2 flawed techniques even if I used 'em in conjunction. I've got a small amount of grappling exp. as it is, but I don't plan to build on it just yet.

2. tellner

tellner Valued Member

There are two excellent schools in the Twin Cities which might fit your needs:

1) The Minnesota Kali Group - Rick Faye is my wife's old Kali/JKD/Grappling/Muay Thai/etc. teacher. He's an incredible instructor, "One of the best I ever trained" according to Guro Inosanto.

2) The Minnesota Martial Arts Academy - Greg Nelson is his protege. Another outstanding teacher.

JKD, Kali, Brazilian Ju Jutsu, Krabi Krabong, Silat...

3. Hobbitlauncher

yep I know about those, but I'll be shippin' for 6 months then I'm back for only 1 or 2 and im off to LaCrosse, otherwise I'd definitely find tiem to hit the MKG.

-edit, it's why i said lacrosse in the orig. post, because my location is currently set to MN

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Because it bears repeating

5. Hobbitlauncher

well, in the event that I don't log in again before I leave (50/50 chance, Monday 8pm central) May as well consider this closed until I'm back, at which time I will smile and nod to the BJJ enthusiasts, and thank everyone for their input again =)