NorthEast clubs

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Basic, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Basic

Basic New Member

Hi
    anyone know of any Eskrima clubs in the NE England area?

2. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello,

Where are you located? There are several schools in NE, but it would depend on where you are living.

My school, the Bujinkan Dojo, of Manchester NH, offers Sayoc Kali, and Filipino Stick fighting as well. If you have any questions regarding any of our programs, just drop me a line and I'll fill you in. We are currently renovating our location to include a second training room and new programs. So stay tuned for all the fun!

Gumagalang

Guro Steve L.

www.Sayoc.com
    www.Bujinkandojo.net

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey Steve

He means NE England - North East England - not New England :D

England as in England - you know -where English people come from :D

4. Basic

Basic New Member

Hi
    I am based in Teesside / Cleveland area I train Eskrima with Steve T ( Middlesbrough ). I have trained in Eskrima for about 5 years but have been away from the sticks for the last 6 years as I have been doing Submission & Freestyle Wrestling for that period. My knee is about shot now and I need to calm down so I have been back into the sticks for 2 months and am looking for more training. I like the look of the JKD concept stuff but as of yet no look in finding a club near me.

5. YODA

Steve T?

Middlesborough?

That rings a bell :D

Steve Todd? How is the old git? Is he still wearing that ****** Marc McFann T-Shirt with his own badge sewn on the other side? :D

6. Basic

Basic New Member

Yes he has got a nice T-shirt and some little s*** thing on the other side. Nice man, you know Steve.

7. YODA

Yeah - I know Steve.

Next time you see him tell him Dave from Wigan says Hi :D

Tell him to get his lazy ass on here too - It's been waaay to long since we chewed the fat.

8. Basic

Basic New Member

Will tell him to get his ass on here when I see him but he will give some excuse like he can only come on here when he puts his T- shirt on cos man that T makes him fell like a real Martial artist.

9. YODA

LOL We had a good laugh at that shirt 1st time we met Steve. :D Kinda implies some link to Marc McFann, whichj he certainly doesn;t have.

When I took my sweatshirt off to reaveal the same shirt - but with the word INSTRUCTOR above the UFA logo - he kinda looked a little errrr.... worried. LOL!

10. Basic

Basic New Member

Cool, I bet he dropped his sticks a few times that day.

Could never understand the T-shirt thing seen it many times people turn up and first thing they ask is got any T-shirts and can I have a pic.
    Me, I like a nice Basic T-shirt. Turned up at Steve's club with ripped T-shirts every week. I dont come for a T-shirt or Pics only hard training and like I tell the lads, that shirts real nice but boy me gonna rip that sucker right off your back when we tie-up.

11. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello Yoda!

Thanks, for the update!! Great work here in the forums, keep it up.

Guro Steve L.

12. LabanB

LabanB Valued Member

Hi Mike,

If you drop me a contact address (Private mail) I'll send you details of the next Danny Guba seminar in Newcastle. The FMA club is doing great. I'm preparing to start a new class at the start of next month, and the membership is very healthy. Go to "labanbaston.cjb.net" for more details.

Bill

13. Basic

Basic New Member

Hi Bill
    Thanks mate, well up for the Danny Guba seminar or any other for that matter.

Mike