No Touch Ko?!?!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Angelus, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

So apparently this guy can do no touch knockout. either this is a fake or he is really good. i just need someone's opinion.

Link

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2006
  2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I'll give you a hint. :D

3. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

http://tinyurl.com/

So, me, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and a no-touch knockout make a run for a €100 bill... who do you think will get it? :D

4. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I can do a no touch knockout. But I have to prepare for hours beforehand eating beans and curry to focus my 'chi'.

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

The Easter Bunny! I mean look at those legs! Oh wait he doesn't exists...

Must be Santa! With those reindeer he'd cover the distance quite quickly! Oh, he don't exist either :confused:

Must be you then, because no-touch KO Masters don't get out of bed unless your paying them 10 times that for a closed door seminar ;)

6. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Is it Dillman again ???

:bang:

7. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

Indeed. This means that... you actually believe that no-touch KO Masters exist! Gotcha! :eek: :love: :p

8. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

LOL :D

9. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I know of a fool-proof method of getting a no-touch KO - but its effectiveness does depend on how accurately you can throw a house brick.

10. slipthejab

Ah... Moosey is going old-school on us.
    All the way back to the dawn of projectiles! :D

11. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I think this looks much nice than the massive long link.

I can't actually get the link to work for me, but all the no touch stuff I've seen before, I consider to be an absolute scam, nothing more than a hypnotic effect on the students of the "chi master", which explains why it doesn't work on anyone when tested on non students.

12. Don't flame me, but I think that might actually be real! I mean, did you see how they both went down? He didn't touch them and they were clearly knocked out!

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Thanks for the link, that was hilarious! They didn't even over-exaggerate it like in that video with the chi-master's students hopping and spinning away like over-sexed bunny rabbits.

If they really did pass out then I'd be inclined to blame over-exessive use of garlic in cooking. Or, more seriously, suggestion. And what if it was possible anyway. Can you imagine him trying it on a MAist . . .

*deep breath*
    *raises both arms, one higher than the other*
    *theatrical pause*
    *heavy breathing accompanied by slow and subtle pushing movement*

^ How many good kicks and punches do you think you could get in during the above? ;)

14. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Valued Member

Even if it is real, what possible use does it have? It takes him nearly nearly a minute of waving his hands at their faces. Anyone in their right (or wrong) mind would have chinned him long before that!!!

I want him to try that on me!

15. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Amen.

16. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Why do they always have to fall into the cross legged position...??? It kinda reminds me of the hypnotists who prep their victims.. uh I mean guests before the show then can get them under in seconds...

17. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

This is where they put them for revival purposes. Though obviously there are definite frauds out there, I have personally experienced enough of this that convinced me that it is at least worth further investigation. When I first experienced this type of thing, it was presented to me in a way that I had no prior knowledge of what they were up to (or even that such a thing even potentially existed), so I can't write it off to the power of suggestion. I agree that it is far from being practical in application for self defense, but we could have something worthwhile on the horizon.

One reason that I think that the sucess rate being much higher with students (other than the power of suggestion, which I freely admit is often a factor) can be iilustrated by my first encounter with a similar phenomena, the light touch KO. I was at a seminar in California hosted by my instructor for Wally Jay and his son, Leon. Since Prof. Jay had recently suffered some serious health problems, Leon did most of the actual teaching and I was volunteered to be his uke/whipping boy (happens a lot when you're the biggest and strongest person there).

After being used and abused for quite a while, Leon was demonstrating pressure point follow ups and just barely touched a point and I went out like a light :eek: . He was not even trying to put me out at the time, this was an accident. Now, if you told me that someone with my size, strength, and fighting ability (at the time I believed myself to be about the baddest thing on two legs and had recently mauled some top level NHB and kickboxing champs in training sessions) could be KO'ed by the touch of someone, I would have thought you were crazy and full of it :confused: . At that point, I had already trained with pp's for years, but this was a totally different spin on this.

Later, once I got to really know Leon (and with far greater humility), I brought up the incident and asked him about it. The way he explained it was that after being struck over and over, my nervous system was basically overloaded and that it just took one more tap to basically put me over the edge. Based on this, it would seem that if the person that they use for the no touch KO is someone that they had physically "primed" by working on them during earlier parts of the seminar (uke) and were nearly ready to go, then they added just a bit from some of the things that I have experienced first hand of effects w/o touch/contact, then it could easily be enough to put someone out without direct physical contact at that time.

I know that many will not believe or except this explanation, but it's how I have interpreted things that I have experienced first hand. It is enough to make me feel that it warrants further investigation and experimentation, even if it doesn't fit with many folks world view or what they are comfortable in believing as possible. One thing I learned about quantum mechanics in physics back in college is that reality doen't always chose to conform to our conceptions of it.

18. slipthejab

19. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Dude... [​IMG]

PUT DOWN THE CRACKPIPE!

20. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

After 500 or so years, don't you think that "something on the horizon" would be something remotely useful by now.