No Pressure!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Talyn, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4yr0FFhMQ&has_verified=1]10:10, no pressure![/ame]

If the governments want me to cut my carbon emissions by 10% they can bloody well funnel money into R&D of alternative fuel sources and hurry along the electric-hydrogen economy.

Advert itself was amusing, but they could've done it with fiery pits like in Austin Powers; it was clearly banned principally due to the excessive gore.

2. Ancientharp

Ancientharp klutzy thread assassin

What is the definition of 'Troll'?

Just asking.

3. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

You're being called a troll for posting something that most see as such a nonissue that you couldn't be posting it for any other reason than to cause a scene :p

5. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

I've never been called a troll before, nor did I think it was relevant because what I was posting was principally for amusement rather than seriously trying to convert people to cut their bird flu emissions by swine flu percent every year until they mad cow diseased themselves into the war on terror.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

How dare you create an off-topic thread in the off-topic forum! You're a sick, sick man.

7. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

I "accidentally" created it in the General Discussion forum.

Borderline psychopathic behaviour to some...

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

People routinely post new threads about **** and ass; Talyn posts a link to a video which is both funny and has a semi-serious message and he gets called a troll. Lol :rolleyes:

9. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

That's not trolling. Any time you want to see some trolling, you come and ask me ;)

10. Ancientharp

Ah. I see.

Throw your hands up in the air and demand that the government do everything FOR you. Because obviously it's their fault in the first place, yes?

I'm not even going to descend to this level.

It's not my job to defend science.

:rolleyes:

11. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

And Talyn's the troll?

12. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Thankfully. :rolleyes:

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

The government here are using the subject as a revenue earner rather than actually trying to reduce anything. They have to put their money were their mouth is before lecturing the individual that would make very little difference on their own

14. Ancientharp

Ah. That wasn't terribly obvious from the highly emotional 'advertising' we were supposed to comment on. What I got out of it is that Talyn thinks that he should be allowed to stick his head in the sand. I don't even know how to analyze the content of that 'video', but it left me angry. Not in the way that was intended by the makers (or the poster). I was angry that anyone could use such underhanded marketing techniques. I understand that some people might not appreciate the social pressure to 'do the right thing'. And if your government is being stupid about it (well, at least they're talking. ours is disgustingly silent. *not swearing not swearing not swearing*), I'm very sorry.
    The environmental movement isn't comprised of evil, Machiavellian mass-murderers. And they certainly aren't part of 'THE GOVERNMENT'. In most cases, we're fighting AGAINST the government. To make them sit the smell up and listen.

Maybe nobody else finds exploding bodies and gore to be 'too much'... I did. There are better, and less repulsive, ways to get your point across.

15. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

That video is quite messed up. "Do this or we'll blow you up." Very subtle. Is this one of those banned adverts or is it still doing the rounds? Coz I'd find it hilarious if nobody minds children being killed in an advert, but a KFC advert got pulled because it involved people talking with their mouths full.

16. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

My car has a mechanical limit on what mpg it is capable of. My car will pollute as a result of its fuel source. I cannot afford to create or help fund R&D into a non-polluting car or a car with lower emissions, so I rely upon those with money to do so for me.

People are allowed to stick their head in the sand, despite what you think is the correct moral attitude to take. To tell them that they must conform to your attitude is what?

I assume you read my post given that you said "What I got out of it is that Talyn thinks", and yet you missed when I said "but they could've done it with fiery pits like in Austin Powers; it was clearly banned principally due to the excessive gore."

17. Knight_Errant

I thought it was hilarious :D I wish there really was a button I could press that would make the climate change deniers blow up. Unfortunately, the boot is on the other foot. By their obtuseness, they've condemned thousands, possibly millions, of us to ugly deaths when the floodwaters rise.

18. Talyn

Talyn Reality Hacker

Indeed. They should be sacrificed for...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hff2p705cUI]The Greater Good[/ame]

19. Knight_Errant

oh, don't let's be bloody silly. And getting rid of thousands of cretins would be no 'sacrifice', believe you me :D

20. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I don't deny climate change is real. I just choose not to do anything about it. :p