Nintendo Switch games

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

So I've finally got a new gaming console, I last played on the Xbox360 a long time ago, (well and the raspberry Pi, so I could finish all the games I couldn't do as a kid), I'vejust started the witcher3 and it's amazing,

Has anyone got any suggestions for other games to look out for?

I'm already planning on the Wolfenstein games next, and aside from that I'm up for any suggestions!

2. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

What genre do you prefer?
    I haven't played many FPS on switch, the main free to play ones I thought were ok: paladins and Apex legend.

The Zelda games are great,
    Breath of the wild is huge open world, a lot of time to kill on it.
    Legend of hyrule, same engine as breath of the wild, but a lot more action.

I play animal crossing which is a pretty chill game.

Mario kart 8 deluxe is good fun.

Most of the games i have on switch are for under 12s because I play with the kids.

hewho and Dead_pool like this.
  3. Dead_pool

I didn't even realise there were free to play games, I've had it a few weeks and I havnt even sorted out an account yet, it's definitely a step up from a game gear!

I used to play open world (red dead) Some FPSs (Wolfenstein, aliens etc) and some space exploration games, as well as classic scrolling beat em ups and platformers,

I was thinking of looking at alien isolation, and dead cell / hollow knight, and joining the family membership, so I can stream the old SNES games, I'll have a look at Zelda too, it looks great!

axelb likes this.
  4. axelb

I have the family membership (me, wife and 2 kids) so they can join friends on animal crossing.

I've played paladins with friends. I know fortnite is free to play, but I barely play that.

I think it works really well as a hand held console, and we dock it for when we play on one switch for coop games like; overcooked, super Mario deluxe, moving out, Kingdom two crowns.

Dead cell is a great game, the classic look of a platformer, but well polished.

The SNES and NES emulation is limited, but as it comes with online membership is fun to play, and any multiplayer games can be played over the network.

The Nintendo store has a lot of demo and free to play games. Tetris 99, they just finished Mario 35, you are playing "against" 99 or 35 other people, based on how far you can go. Then you can send enemies of blocks to other players.

Monster Hunter was released recently, I have played the demo and was impressed.

I have a PS4, so I haven't put much FPS, but I have heard they port ok.

It seems Nintendo's and game developers for Nintendo focus very much of easy play games, a lot of family or party oriented games. I found a lot of games that are available for mobile getting ported to switch quickly.
    Currently obsessed with Kingdom two crowns; side scrolling pixel based strategy

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Breath of the Wild is one of the greatest games ever made.

Astral Chain is a fun 3D adventure with an almost Neon-Genesis-Evangelion feel to the world.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  6. combatarts

combatarts Valued Member

I don't play games much, but if you like multiplayer the new Super Smash Bros is good. Probably the 2nd best after N64. Tons of characters and maps, and even a single player "rpg" mode.

You can hook up other controllers like gamecube ones to play with others.

axelb likes this.
  7. axelb

How could I forget super smash Bros :D I played that a lot also.

Dead_pool likes this.
  8. Shmook

Shmook Valued Member

Mario kart!

We play animal crossing too (my lad is 7) and it's surprisingly addictive. There is some grind to earn money, but it's not that bad, and once you get the island designer you can really customise your place.

His interest has dropped a bit recently, but we played it daily for months

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  9. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

Animal Crossing is good and Pokemon Sword/Shield is not half bad.

Dead_pool and axelb like this.
  10. Dead_pool

If anyone here likes martial arts and the John wick films, the John wick hex game, is very good:

axelb likes this.
  11. Steph23

Steph23 New Member

I wish I could play retro bowl on Nintendo Switch...

12. axelb

I've been playing Return to monkey Island on Switch. Really Great addition to the series.

Mitlov likes this.