Ninjutsu Seminars

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Peaceful Tiger, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

I was wondering if there was any chance of us having a 'ninjutsu seminars' thread and possibly making it a sticky?

The reason I ask is that there were a couple of seminars in the UK this weekend and I'd like to know who taught, who attended and what stuff was covered.

It would also be good to see who's currently doing the seminar circuit in our chosen arts, whether it be Bujinkan, Genbukan, Jinenkan, BBD and whatever else is out there.

In the UK, both the Arnaud and Sven Seminars are coming up soon and I think we have Pedro in October, it would be nice to hear how they went don't you think?...but in the one 'Seminar/Courses Thread'?

I know Norm, Dale and others also do seminars so it would be a nice space for them to advertise without having to constantly revert to the 'Seminars and courses forum'.

...Over to you Brad?

2. Shizukanaarashi

Shizukanaarashi New Member

Yup, darn good idea, I don't know why we don't have this already.

3. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

yep sounds good to me. I suppose as long as other arts/styles have the same option in their section of the forum it should not be a problem, got my vote anyhow.

:)

4. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Im all for it, though not many seminars come around here.

5. sscnbor

sscnbor New Member

I heartily support this product and /or service :)

On a related note, was anyone at Sven in Liverpool?

6. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Oh yes, an excellent seminar by both Sven and his equally impressive wife Marriette, the birthday bash on the Saturday night was good also.
    Nearly 90 people attended on the both days, there were some from Holland and from Ireland.

7. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Quick question then...

Is Sven Dutch or Swedish or is he perhaps from another Scandinavian country?
    I was having this discussion with Kevin last night in class.
    My bet is that he's Dutch, whereas Kev says he's Swedish, but lives in Holland....

who is right?

P.S Brad, have you decided what to do with this thread yet? :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  8. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Yep, Kev is right, Sven is Swedish and is married to the lovely Marriette, he has lived in Holland for many years, they have one dog and he loves 3rd person shoot-em-ups on the computer!.

9. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

And Jack Daniels and takes 30 minutes to tell a 1 minute joke, bouncing around the house on a chair as if riding a horse and almost falling on his butt and laughing like crazy the whole time. And Mariette remembers birthdays years later and sends you a card out of the blue.

My first training partner and friend, Stan, is married to Mariette's twin sister.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2005
  10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I'm willing to make it a sticky thread. Not to advertise per se, that's what the Event Promotion forum is for. But, you could post info about upcoming seminars, once they've been posted in Event Promotion. Reason? To keep people from joining MAP just to advertise seminars without participating in discussions. Also, could discuss/review seminars that one has been to. HOWEVER if it gets highjacked and turns into an old ladies quilting bee (y'all start having idle converstions and dittos) I'll close and lock and delete that sucker so fast your grandkid's heads will spin.
    Is that satisfactory?

11. KSprenk

KSprenk be

Very :)

12. Winston Smith

Winston Smith New Member

why are threads (I'm slightly drunk which is why I have the audacity to ask this query) around here locked so readily? Can't they just run their course? - people will eventually get bored of the dull ones.

13. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Sometimes I lock them because people can't take a hint and allow it to go too far off course. Or it becomes a personal attack on someone. Turns into a flame fest or has the potential to turn into one. And even if we try and let it die, someone will resurrect it and start the vicious cycle all over again. My job, as I see it, is to keep things running smoothly. To make sure TOS are adhered to and guide conversations back on track. When these things fail, I've failed as a Mod and have to take the drastic action of locking a thread.

And sometimes, they are just plain out and out stupid and have no reason to exist other than annoy the you know what out of me.

14. sakura

sakura New Member

Ok, not meaning to be pedantic, but the course wasn't in Liverpool. It was held in Ellesmere Port on the Wirral Peninsula, the opposite side of the river Mersey to Liverpool.

15. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

I was there for the Sunday :) and very good it was too :)

16. sscnbor

sscnbor New Member

My apologies, I'm from Ireland myself so I don't know the UK that well :) A few of my friends were at the course and had a great time, wish I could have been there!