Ninjutsu Advert

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Jamesy, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

A few weeks ago an advert came through the door for a ninjutsu school. I was just woundering if anyone here goes to this school and does it look alright? I know I will have to go and have a look at ot but you might be able to tell if its a bit of a Mcdojo (ie the organisation or/and Grandmaster might be rubbish.

www.kinkandojo.com

James

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

The Genbukan is a well known Ninpo organisation and one of the X-kan but can't tell you any more than that.

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

That school is very real. Go and inquire.

4. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Sorry but whats X-Kan?

5. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

The 3 systems that stem from the Takamatsuden system. The Bujinkan, Genbukan and the Jinenkan. As it is always stated, use the search function.

Or contact George Kohler over on e-budo dot com about the Genbukan system.

6. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Personal student of Tanemura Soke.

Go and check it out and see if it is for you. They are legit however.

You will enjoy Genbukan training if you are interested in traditional strict training with attention placed on manners and ettiquete, focus on proper form and most Genbukan Dojo will have you dripping with sweat at the end of class.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

7. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Thanks koyoku!

Yeah I am.

8. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

Jasons classes were great when I used to train there. He's a good man, and a good teacher. His students are nice too. If you wanted to do the Genbukan I would suggest Jasons group in Essex...
    Regards.

9. K0koro

K0koro Valued Member

Known Jason for a lot of years, from the early days when I was in the Genbukan. Still bump into him every now and again, very good exponent, well worth trying his classes out, and a nice guy as well

10. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

I don't know anything about Genbukan I just want to train in something that does locks and throws

11. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

12. Koyoku

Koyoku I enjoy pudding!

Yes,

The Genbukan has a system called Kokusai jujutsu Renmei and it teaches exactly what you are looking for in a step by step manner and grading curriculum. Go check it out and see for yourself what you think.

Good luck in your training.

BTW go here www.genbukan.com for more info.

13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

James, go try all available options and then go with what you 'feel' is best for you.

:)

14. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Thanks guys ill go check it out soon.
    Fifthchamber why did you stop training with Jason? How practical is Jasons teachings?

15. fifthchamber

Because I moved to Japan...Long distance training isn't my thing. I would think that nearly all of what I was taught by Jay would increase ability to defend yourself. Striking, throws, ukemi, and ways of thinking are among the main ones that I would think have helped but to each their own..I loved the class and think Jay is a great guy..The classes were always a highlight..
    Enjoy it..And send my regards to Jay.

16. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Cool sounds like exactly what im looking for.

I would but he might not know you as fifthchamber.
    Do you train with the main guy in Japan?

17. fifthchamber

No. I don't.
    My name is Ben Sharples.
    Good luck with it all.