ninja .vs. samurai

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Nrv4evr, Apr 3, 2004.

1. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

before i actually talk, could the mods be at least more sympathetic if this has been posted? last time you iced me...

anyway, who would win? i'm talking no holds barred. cheap shots, eye pokes, tree hiding, the works. a true fight. i'd say ninja, because you can't kill what you can't catch. the samurai's armour would slow him down neway.

2. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

I'd say Ninja's because there more stealthy and deceptive and the Samurai I don't really know. :D

3. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

It would depend on which one of them had the most 'reality-based training' and sparring experience :rolleyes:

4. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

The ninja. He'd use a gun.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

They could both use a gun. A samurai had to be trained in various weapons, including rifle.

PL

6. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

This is stupid, you don't even say what weapons they have ect. If the ninja could poison the samuari in his sleep, then yeah the ninja would win. If it was ninja on samuari in a field, both with their own choice of melee weapons I think the samauri would commit seppeku for being part of this thread.

7. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Hmmm...since tree hiding is an option, I'll really have to ponder on this one. Although, it really depends on what day it is; the samurai tended to have their good fighting ninja days on Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat, and every other Sunday (they shared the other Sunday with the ninja). Whereas the Ninja had the upper hand on the other days, unless it was between the hours of 6-7:30, in which case the ninja tended to be notorious for spending their time at Earl's Bar and Inn for happy hour.

Sorry...just couldn't resist

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  8. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

Mr. T would take any of em :eek:

9. La Mancha

La Mancha Valued Member

You know who would win........... The LAWYERS...............lol

David

10. blaksun

blaksun Banned Banned

I've been saying that for years!

Ninja would win because he's cooler. And because he's BETTER.
    He'd simply jump down on you in the middle of the night and stab you in that large throbbing vein in your neck with something poisiouness.

Or the samurai he's fighting.
    V.V

11. Adam

Adam New Member

any decent pirate would kill BOTH the ninja and the sammy with one hook tied behind his back

12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

What if the ninja was a ninja-pirate?

PL

13. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

yea, a decent pirate would take out his gun and pop a cap into their forehead... :woo:

14. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Ninja... he'd be have sense and use a bow and arrow.

15. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

so you're saying a samurai is the better close combat fighter? i dunno...a ninja is a lot more about speed and deception (chinese martial arts in general), whilst the samurai is raw power and technique (okinawa style?) i'd still go with the ninja. i mean, you can't catch a shinobi. they are born to be fast and quick.

16. totality

totality New Member

adam, please refrain from bringing the respectable pirate stereotype into this pitiful thread. it's bad enough that he's done this to the samurai and ninjas. :D

17. crovax612

crovax612 Valued Member

My thoughts exactly :D . Still, Samurai via armbar in round 1!

Attached Files:

18. toothpaste100

toothpaste100 Banned In 60 Seconds

Cough "Japanese" Cough

19. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

what's that supposed to mean? if you're saying speed and deception is all japanese, then you need to take wing chun or something. notice the rotations and footwork in kung fu? *cough* chinese *cough* deception *cough* japanese is a LOT more about power and technique, hence the katas, and stance work.... :rolleyes:

20. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

hehe na, just saying this is a silly thread and the ninja would be dumb to fight samurai close quaters when he could just fire an arrow at him, then go home and see his wife or somit lol :)