Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by surgingshark, May 13, 2004.

1. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Why, oh bloody why, is David Hasselhoff playing the lead role? Graaah! He makes Nick Fury look like a drunken cop who's seen Pirates of The Carribean way too many times!

"Overacting" would be the understatement of the year...

2. Jim

Jim New Member

WHA.... David Hasselhoff? Who was the plain ijit who thought up that one? Are they making it in a 'Starsky and Hutch'-like comedy? Can't wait to see it in the 3 for $1 section of the video store...

3. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

<geek on>
    That movie was a cheap Fox made for TV movie from the 90's.

There had been talk about a big budget Nick Fury movie. At the time they were courting George Clooney. Gossip is, when he was researching the role he came across the recent Garth Enis mini-series which portrayed Fury as a bigoted, cold war relic. This turned him off the project and it's been dead ever since. This in turn (along with similiar occurances) has led to Marvel doing a 180 degree turn in it's editorial policy. It's writers have been asked to write easy to digest (and sell to Hollywood), non contriversial stories again (preferably featuring colorful costumes that will make good toys). Hence X-Men are back in costume, Captain America will no longer address government corruption (or things like US detention camps) and books like the X-Statics are most likely about to be cancelled. It's the late 80s/early 90s all over again.

<geek off>

Who's Nick Fury?

- Matt

4. Nerevar

Nerevar A son of a mother

Yeah I saw this a few years ago. More cheasy than the Punisher (90's), and the old Lou Farigno (SP?) Hulk movies.

5. DexterTCN

DexterTCN New Member

That Yoda pic seems to look like Jack Nicholson.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

But I like gritty stories! :(

Marvel used to have the edge on DC for 'realistic' characters.

Now I find myself reading almost exclusively DC books now!