Nick Diaz makes up with UFC, will return in 2015

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Saved_in_Blood, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

2. karl52

karl52 openminded

looks like he might be fighting Anderson Silva

3. Saved_in_Blood

well good luck with that, guess we'll have to see how he looks after that nasty leg break.

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It'll probably make it more of a boxing match than anything else.

5. karl52

karl52 openminded

Yep,Theres got to be so much mental baggage to get over just to throw a full force kick ever again

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I was most disappointed to see any Diaz in the UFC again. Can't stand either one. I find the break from them enjoyable. And the MMA forums MUCH more enjoyable with the die down of Diaz Fanboy involvement.

He will fail another drug test, or lose and rage quit yet again. The other fighters have figured out to not be goaded into the Diaz game. Silva will most definitely NOT be goaded into Diaz's game. They haven't evolved.

Diaz/ Silva will be one of the few Silva fights where I am actually rooting for Silva to win.

The top of my list for most disliked fighters...........

Bisping
    Koschek
    Diaz Brothers
    Rampage

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

I thought he might fight Mayhem in another promotion but ah well. Tim Kennedy is pretty annoying too.

8. Saved_in_Blood

Good... I think Silva schools him there. Much faster hands.

9. Saved_in_Blood

Yeah... wasn't it awesome to watch how bad he whined when he lost to Condit? I loved it! Then he retires... WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Anderson was looking for a fight with Diaz for his return. My sense is he'll be looking to make a statement with Nicky. I'll be happy to watch that happen.

11. aaradia

And all those Diaz Fanboys who whined on MMA forums ever since (to this very day)seem to forget that Diaz would never have won that fight regardless- because he failed his drug test!

12. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

He originally wanted GSP, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

That said, I just started doing my homework on the Diaz brothers. I watched two of their first couple of fights on fightpass and they were impressive but I watched his fight with GSP and it was a joke. I started to get the impression that his strategy was trash talk a lot to get big fights, collect money, go home.

13. Saved_in_Blood

Yeah, so he actually lost twice... should to bad we can't add a second loss on his record for the hell of it.

14. aaradia

Have you seen the fight with Condit?

15. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Silva vs Diaz:

A match made in Heaven. Diaz will be flipping whilst Silva will be grinnin' and throwing his arms down, lol.

Wonder if they'll do that all night?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. aaradia

:D:happy: Belltoller, that was great! I literally LOL'd! Still chuckling! You are awesome!

17. belltoller

You're far too kind :whistle:

18. belltoller

Yeah...lol...

[​IMG]

19. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Sort of. He became a seller because of his attitude but he's still a decent top 10 fighter. I don't like him but it is unfair to judge him based off of how he did against GSP. GSP made a career out of making people look like they didn't deserve to be in the cage with him.

Diaz's problem, both of them in fact, was that they had a very good style of smack talking people in fights to get under their skin and then out work them and it worked well until Condit refused to be goaded into a boxing fight with his back against the cage. Or "ran away" depending who you ask. Since then both Nate and Nick have had their opponents follow a similar game plan and they've been unable to adjust.

You are right about collecting money though. Nick has said that he doesn't particularly enjoy fighting, its simply the only way he can make the kind of money he did. If triathlons paid multiple hundreds of grand a race he most likely would never want back in the ufc.

20. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

I haven't, but I will watch it.