Nick Ciero system?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by yannick35, Sep 19, 2008.

1. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Anyone ever did Kenpo under Nick Ciero teaching?

www.sunfuki.com

Just want to know if its good or not.

I have been very impressed by American Kenpo has well.

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Link is broken.

I personally wouldn't take Kenpo. not from anyone.

3. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Yohan that's all i have around my neighborhood, this and shotokan karate which i did when i was younger, and TKD again did that for 7 years.

I do not have any MMA schools nor do i have Muay Thai that really sucks, the nearest school is 1 hour drive forget it.

Kenpo school is 5 minutes from my house.

http://www.karatesunfuki.com/

Sorry its in french.

4. Quincyma80

Quincyma80 Valued Member

Well why don't you go to them for an introductory class/trial period?
    Please report back to us your thoughts and observations.

Understand that since “Professor” Cerio passing ten years ago there have been political schisms (My faint heart be still).

So from a pure lineage question you may want to ask where (within the post-Cerio world) the school’s head guy, Shihan Saulnier, falls under? I mean how much of his training was actually under Cerio, versus his previous “Shaolin Kung Fu” study. With whom BTW?

Of more importance to you in 2008 is what the current style techniques/teaching methodologies are all about. You can do research & find Cerio stuff on the Web & YouTube. Also what is their business model ($$) with you a student(client) as in base tuition and FEES.

Please be advised there is much negative press out there about kenpo/kempo – some of it well deserved especially in the Northeast USA. Much directed at the legacy of the Fred Villari franchise chain (who was a student of Cerio).

So go check it out – and when observing the self-defense techniques anyone teaches you – remember these three key words:

“NON-COMPLIANT UKES”

Good luck, winter’s coming.
    Oh wait September is winter in Canada.
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  5. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

LOl we had a terrible summer here so i guess Winter will be the same.

My company had plans to move to California sucks that didnt happen.

The fee is 40$ per month at that fee you can go 7 times a week, the sunfuki is very competitive they got the elite called cobra, one thing i dont like is that they are involved in musical kata and lots of flashy stuff.

But when i asked the teacher there he told me that you dont learn this stuff in the classes its only in the Gym class and competition class which are once a week, the karate class are all kenpo technics and self defense, there is also a sparring class, they are very high on respect too among students.

I am interested in kenpo has i said, and the school is at 5 minutes walk from my house, the dojo is great and has a lot of equipment too.

Thanks for your feedback Quincyma80 i will make sure to pay close attention to your advise and make sure not to get myself in one of them mcdojos.

Of course i rather learn from a American kenpo Ed Parker style but there arent any around.

I havent found a lot of stuff on Nick Ciero on the internet either, guess that guy was really almost unknown.

6. Quincyma80

Quincyma80 Valued Member

Good luck in your training, but there is Cerio stuff out in Cyberspace.
    Again he(his style) may not have been "national" as like Ed Parker, but there was his legacy up in the Northeast.

Nick Cerio Kenpo - demonstrating "Manipulations":
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVCDvS2u5c"]YouTube[/ame]

Professor Nick Cerio Kenpo - Interview 1990:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tei-YSd77OY"]Professor Nick Cerio Kenpo 1990 - YouTube[/ame]

Nick Cerio's Kenpo Training (1975):
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3jiAYoWhvI"]Nick Cerio's Kenpo - YouTube[/ame]

7. yannick35

yannick35 Banned Banned

Thanks for the links wow Nick seemed to have one hell of a training schedule back in 1975.

Manipulation are awsome. I just dont want to get myself into some musical forms LOL