Nice TKD Sampler Vid

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Mitch, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I happened across this today and enjoyed it, I thought others might too :)

There are a few others with GNT, Bianca and Aaron that you can find on youtube, including some sparring drills, all of which were interesting and worth a watch, so it's worth watching GNT's channel for them.

As people on here may know, I'm no fan of tricking/acrobatics, and I'm not a WTF stylist, but I thought there were some good, solid drills there.

Anyway, enjoy! :)

Mitch

axelb, Simon and Mitlov like this.
  2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

The one at 0:26 was this close to doing a knee, i got my hopes up for nothing. :p

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Not really anything resembling a knee in there to my mind :)

You might as well ask why you watched a video of Olympic boxers and didn't see a kick. You're looking at different things.

Mitch

Mitlov likes this.
  4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Nice. :) Dude with the "G" shirt has some nice axe kicks. And I like when he knocks Bob down!

axelb likes this.
  5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

This makes me nostalgic for college days when i was 40% younger, 40% lighter, and a lot more than 40% more flexible. Got work to do! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm bookmarking this video.

Mitch likes this.
  6. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Im onto their shenanigans as well! :p

[insert long winded rant on the olympics and combat sports here]

7. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Better yet, don’t. The constant negativity about other people’s hard work and accomplishments—when you don’t even train at all—makes you look bad and drags down the tone of the entire discussion, while adding nothing of value.

Latikos, Dead_pool, Simon and 3 others like this.
  8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ditto that. TKD was the first organized martial arts I ever did (meaning, other than punching bags in the garage). I was 20 and it was perfect for me. I could do high kicks and spinning and I had a really good time. :D It'd be ... harder now. :oops:

Mitlov likes this.
  9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

It was a joke, but its no secret im a Pessimist borderline Nihilism (somtimes). :p

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'm with Mitlov. Give it a rest.

Mitlov likes this.
  11. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I don't care. This thread isn't about you. Don't hijack it.

Dead_pool likes this.
  12. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I can still throw a decent spinning back kick, but the less we say about my current spinning hook kick, the better...

13. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Im fully aware and i was not.

14. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Great video, I love the Ginger Trickster channel, he's had plenty of fun videos; always looks like they are having great fun.

Mitlov likes this.