nice forum

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karl52, Oct 5, 2009.

1. karl52

karl52 openminded

hi guys,

Ive been training ma/combatives about six years

I was directed here by a thread on Dennis Jones and i like your forum
    and i thought i might have some interesting chats and hopefully learn a bit

cheers
    karl

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya Karl, Welcome to MAP. There certainly are interesting chats to be had here, plus it is great to share knowledge with others. :)

3. progdan

progdan Valued Member

Welcome! :)

4. karl52

karl52 openminded

Thanks for the kind welcome

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Welcome to MAP Karl :)

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP Karl :)

Where do you train?

Mitch

7. karl52

karl52 openminded

hi mitch,

i mainly train at home and ive been giving private lessons in basic self defence/combatives in the garage for a couple of years,im based in north wales about 10mins from chester(uk)

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I was just reading your site. I'm from Flint, not-training out of Russ's guy.

9. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Hey Karl, always nice to see another welsh man on the forum :)

10. karl52

karl52 openminded

welsh people rule:)

hi moi,

your just down the road,im always up for meeting new people and a bit of training if you fancy it?

im up at wrexham tommorrow i was going to call in at russ's gym to take a look round,ive heard good things about him

cheers
    karl

11. Moi

I haven't trained in a few years now but you never know.
    It's submission wrestling night on a Friday and Russ won't be there. Pretty sure it's invitation only but you could try.
    Best nights are a Monday and Thursday if you like a bit of ground work (MMA) or any night, 'cept Friday, for the stand-up.
    Let me know if you're coming and I'll try to be there. If not my wife will sort you out with a good partner.

12. karl52

karl52 openminded

I was going to call in the day and see what equipment they had,im guessing there not open in the day then?sound like fun ive been looking for something to do for a change.Build my fitness an try a bit of kicking,ive always dreamed of being able to kick higher than the lower shin:) .

i was wondering if you can just go up and use the equipment doing your own thing?

cheers
    karl

13. Moi

It's good for fitness and you and Russ have something in common. Love of 'slaps' for self defence.
    That can probably be arranged. I'll check with the boss when she comes in later.

14. karl52

karl52 openminded

well i know were you are in wrexham now called round on friday,there was mention of a self defence class on one of the posters do you know what night thats on?

cheers
    karl

15. MatsunoCj

MatsunoCj Jujitsu rookie

welcome to MAP!