Ni hao :-)

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chen dakhan, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Hello all, I've been reading the posts here with interest, and now I've joined I'm
    Looking forward to chatting ,
    best wishes ,
    simon ( Dakhan )

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Hi, welcome to MAP!

3. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Welcome on board! Tell us a bit about yourself - do you practice any martial arts? Which ones are you interested in?

4. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome aboard.

What system do you practice or are you looking to train?

Cheers

Dan

6. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Hi guys ! Thanks for the welcomes . Ok , a bit about me ; been practicing martial arts for a few years now, first kickboxing then xing yi , then bagua, now staying in Taiwan where I'm learning Taichi ( and Budhism, Taoism and mandarin lol)
    Simon :)

7. Heraclius

Heraclius BASILEVS Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

8. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

Didn't realise the Taiwanese spoke Mandarin. I learnt a fair bit of Mandarin when I lived in Guangdong.

9. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Yeah , Taiwan is part of RoC ... So they say, and whose gonna argue? :-D
    You know Taiwan is where the KMT fled to when the communists took over China.I've never been to mainland China, apart from Beijing airport, but hope to travel it someday . There is a Taiwanese language too, and that has a couple more tones than mandarin .
    S

10. StrikingDragon

StrikingDragon Valued Member

Taiwan is an island isnt it?

11. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Yes, a beautiful one

12. StrikingDragon

StrikingDragon Valued Member

Thats about all i know apart from it made a lot of my childhood toys and there is controversy over olympic teams...

13. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Ok , well, Taiwan is were the KMT fled to when the communists took power in mainland China. When they left they took a lot of government officials and top martial arts Masters with them and Chang Kai sheck invited Liu pei chong along to to train the presidential bodyguards. Liu pei chong was an incredible martial artist , Taoist immortal and head of the Kun lun pai ( a sect of Taoist warrior monks from the kun lun mountains )
    Also, as China began to persecute anyone with real gong fu ( imprisonment , torture , execution... Severing of Achilles' tendon ..) even more Masters made their way here.
    As a result Taiwan has really good Kung fu , probably the most intact white crane I'm told, and of course my Shifu lol
    Yeah Taiwan makes a lot of things, very busy , in fact they view Korea as kinda rivals. I don't know about the Olympic stuff, haven't seen a telly for a while .
    S :-D

14. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Welcome to MAP from another tai chi-er! :)

15. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Si! Was just casually catching up on threads I missed, read this and thought this dude seems familiar! Good to see you on here. Hope to hear more about your adventures in Taiwan! And must catch up when you are back in the UK! Adz :)

16. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Adhil !! :-D
    Good to hear from you my friend. I've seen some wierd things ..... But that's enough about Pattaya . I'm back in May for a while ( HK end of March) will definately give you a call, we can chi fan in Chinatown.. Just out of interest, have you done your m'bike test ?
    Very best wishes
    Simon :-D

17. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Haha! Yes, Pataya is something else :D and doesn't need a motorbike license either :) I still haven't done it.

Yeah, definitely give us a shout, will be great to catch up! I look forward to hearing about your experiences!

When you have time, drop by the forum and let us know how your get on, I hear Taiwan is a beautiful country, with many interesting facets. Been wanting to go for ages.

Happy training!

18. Chen dakhan

Chen dakhan New Member

Will do , and there's still time to pass before may ... Kungfu bikers Norwegian coast road summer vacation :-D

19. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

That's sound like fun! I'll see if I can procure a licence ;)

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome!