Next Fight!

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by Southpaw535, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Confirmed tonight, I am fighting again on May 30th on the same show as last time. Their big 20th show as well where I get to fight alongside some of the best fighters that show's had, apparently "including 9 Cagewarriors veterans" which I'm very excited about :)

And there's a poster this time!

11131906_774344959331214_551723547_n.jpg

The gentleman I'm fighting is a dangerous opponent for me. Lot more experience, currently 4-3, and a good striker. Should be a tough fight, but a very entertaining one.

As last time, if any of you guys can come along that would be awesome. Tickets will be running at 30 quid and, also as last time, half the money will go to the Combat Stress charity.

So roll on May 30th!

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

You going to win this one?

3. Moi

7 videos to find & study

4. Southpaw535

That was the plan. I mean losing does kinda suck.

5. Moi

We need to friend your opponent on FB and get those vids :)

6. Southpaw535

Haha I imagine I have access to SnA videos anyway with the gym owning the show and most of them being on youtube. But if not I've seen his last few fights and an interclub before anyway. Which is quite nice. Its an extra pressure taken of given that I'm well aware of the guy. Plus we were trying to get him for my last one so fighting him isn't new either.

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Wish you well.

Ya might try scowling for the pose next time :p

8. Southpaw535

Pffft everybody scowls. We're already fighters, who's going to be put off by guy #5463875 trying to act hard and scary. Now they guy who's fighting the next day and looks completely un-bothered about it. That's a guy to worry about :p

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

30 quid? who are you? Metallica? :hat:

10. Southpaw535

Let's be honest, would you get more entertainment out of 6 hours of some of the best mma in the UK, or watching Metallica play these days. I love the guys but I know my answer.

30 quid to watch multiple UK top 10 fighters, and one unanimous European top 10, doesn't seem like a bad deal though. I'm just a side attraction ;)

11. Bozza Bostik

Relax...I was messing around mate...

Do you want my answer to the question though? ;)

12. Southpaw535

So was I bud. I'd happily go and see Metallica even in the shell they are now :p

13. Bozza Bostik

I'd rather skip both and go to the strip club near my place! I can get in for free :)

14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Always interesting to put a face to an Internet name.

I hope this fight goes great for you. Can't wait to hear (or see video) of it when it happens.

15. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Only because you're the act. :D

16. Bozza Bostik

I'm classy though...topless only and I don't allow touching. A quick kiss on the cheek is ok though.

17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Left or right?

18. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

And before this spirals completely out of control, good luck Southpaw and keep us all informed on how your prep goes!

Mitch

19. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Good luck mate! Keep your chin down and win big!

20. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Very good point! That disarming smile ( like "relax, I'm a doctor and this will make you feel much better" ) cause for pause just long enough to turn their lights out.