New Vids

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by SsangKall, Mar 23, 2011.

1. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

Put together a few vids:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgip_t8iM-4&feature=related"]YouTube - Corpus Cristi 80's pt 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ldOhO3XNvg&feature=youtube_gdata"]YouTube - Corpus Cristi pt 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf4jtJ2Oyfc"]YouTube - Kung Jung Mu Sul Larkspur Demo 90's pt 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewMrj4kPG3I"]YouTube - Kung Jung Mu Sul Larkspur Demo 90's pt 1[/ame]

Hope everyone enjoys.

2. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

I'm sorry to say, SsangKall, but videos from the 1980's and 1990's don't count as "New Vids" in my book. :rolleyes:

It was nice to see master Yang performing in his usual vigor, however. :cool:

3. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

Blimey! I wonder if he was related to Mok Yang Kim, he has that same cocky swagger and way of moving that he had.

4. tulsa

tulsa Valued Member

what year did they take out the front hand spring in Sahng jahng Guhm Hyung?

5. jamesdevice

jamesdevice Jötunn

how does he manage to concentrate with all those out of tune cats singing in the background?

More seriously - he seems to control the sword differently to most I've seen: more shoulder/elbow and less wrist. Am I right or am I just not seeing it correctly?

6. SsangKall

SsangKall Valued Member

pugil: spent time with master kim mok yang at KMY's busan school before teaching at busan hq. to this day visits his brother when in the UK. they also both have a tkd/yudo background...

tulsa: in the next vid i have lee byeong in does the pattern without the handspring, but that vid is also in the 80's i believe...

jamesdevice: if you saw his un hak hyeong you would see even more 'shoulder'. that is his own style that probably developed over time. i know there is a video out there with him (back when all the masters were getting perms) kicking straight straight to the sky in his yeok geom. that vid shows more power, but i cant find it

7. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

My bad is that I copied all my vhs tapes of all the various exhibitions etc from the 80's onto beta tapes and gave my vhs tapes away. Who knew that beta would lose out to vhs over time. Problem is, both of my $1500+ systems I had back in the 80's eventually broke. So, now I cannot watch all my old KS tapes.

8. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

It's still there you just don't see a lot of the old gummers (me) doing it anymore. The option is a cartwheel. My goal is to go back to the handspring just as soon as I heal from hurting myself doing a cartwheel :eek:

9. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

BINGO!!! You're seeing just fine JD.....Note:his stance through out the whole form.Seeing on video is one thing,seeing in person is another.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  10. jamesdevice

jamesdevice Jötunn

have a check on Ebay - still several being advertised there

11. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

There you have it, SoengIn. Purchase a working BetaMax (Sony corp.) and then let your next step be to convert those *precious* clips to digital format. ;)

I *Thanked* your post (#8) despite you being completely WRONG. The correct option which was adopted by EVERYONE who knew the form, was to leave it out if unable to do it or if unwilling to try. At one time I could do this rather tricky maneuver (a handspring is one thing, but doing it from your knuckles whilst holding swords is another), and as I found it to be evermore difficult as I got older, I substituted a cartwheel (i.e. pungcha) for training purposes. During instructor training, seminars, and other such gatherings of high-ranking dan holders, my choice to substitute rather than omit caught on. In fact, once I saw master Barry Harmon and master Byung In Lee argue over whether to omit the handspring or use a pungcha since they were thinking of doing it together for a demo (which unfortunately never came to pass), with the senior of the two winning out (meaning omission of the stunt).

F Y I

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  12. Xanth

Xanth Valued Member

There are services you can use, such as
    http://www.memorykeepersonline.com/video_tape-to-DVD/video_tape_dvd_about.asp for example that will do the conversion to DVD for you. It's a risk sending in the tape through the mail though. I'd check online for a local shop, perhaps a camera shop or wharehouse store like Costco (confirmed they can do betamax).

13. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

I'm never wrong! :pinocchio:

F Y I

14. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

Speaking of Corpus Christi in the 80's..which has always been sponsored by "chuy" and Manuel Lozano's brothers.Have anyone ever heard from them?
    are they still in the "won" or branch out on thier own?Out of all the siminar while traveling with Kuk Sa Nym,Brownsville/Corpus Cristi was my favorite.

RL

15. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

Except the raised platform stage on which the exhibition was performed was way too small.

16. KJMS

KJMS Valued Member

I give up..Been trying to put a face to your screen name " seongIn" :)

Would you kindly give me a hint?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  17. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

"It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma."

Winston S. Churchill
    BBC Broadcast,
    London,
    1st October 1939.

18. jamesdevice

jamesdevice Jötunn

but he was talking about Stalin's Russia... I hope you're not comparing yourself with him!!!!!

19. SeongIn

SeongIn Banned Banned

No, not at all. Perhaps a more american quote would be better:

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?"

"The world may never know!"

20. Pugil

Pugil Seeker of truth

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."?