New video with my teacher

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

The issue with martial arts instructors "seeing violence" like Izzo in his SWAT days (taking your word for this JKDbyNik, I don't know Izzo's background), or being trained to whatever degree by [insert SF/LEO tactical unit name here], is that it really isn't an indication of his or her fighting skill. Most of these units work as a team armed to the teeth with automatic and semi-automatic weapons. They don't often (if ever) use hand-to-hand combat techniques to fulfil a mission. Most of the time they practice martial arts because they're competitive athletes when they're not on the range/in the field/in the classroom, or it's "just something to do" in their downtime.

2. Kframe

Kframe Valued Member

Isnt Izzo a former wrestler as well? I to am a little confused about his dislike of jkd. He said they look like 1960 Bruce Lee impersonations? How is that even possible? Were these people literally looking like the movie Character? If JKD has a inherent structure and a inherent way of training, how can they not bare a resemblance to Bruce Lee, or be any more individual??

I ask because i was Watching some videos by Mr. Tackett and alot of it looked alot like what i expect JKD to look like. However there was some cool elements i hadn't seen.