New to the forums...

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Street Stylist, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Do you have equivalents to the "Thrust Of Freedom" and "Killface"? How about Count Dante's "Dance Of Death"?

Why limit yourself?

A big pussy? Or as in an endangered species?

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  2. Street Stylist

Street Stylist Banned Banned

As long as I live, I will change. I desire to evolve. Much of the "wrong" you see in that post is my failure and inability to explain things that are personal to me. Some are misguidance or misconceptions and inexperience that I have, but most of it is actually due to other's miunderstanding of things I cannot explain, or explained incorrectly due to my limited vocabulary... It is like trying to explain the Tao in Taoism, something that Laotze claimed was nameless and indescribable. For lack of a better explanation he called it "the way". Similarly, I say things like kenjutsu, americana, bong sao, etc. for lack of a better way to present a visual image, definition or description. It's not in true context so it's not to be taken literally. I don't know how else to explain it in words without showing you.

3. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

I have, well, I'm pretty a pretty young 16, (no I did not go to a McDojo to get my belt, just to shoot ya'll down now haha, would hate to bear with the endless stream of McDojo accusations, which is why I don't put my age up), and I just bounce around a little bit, kind of loosen my legs up and then start doing a form. Especially when I teach, I have to keep an eye on my class and there really isn't a time to teach, and I teach a lower level class so I can't stretch with them, I have to make sure that they stretch the way we want them to, to limit the possibilities of injury even while stretching. If I have to show them a form/kata/pinion, I really don't have time to properly stretch, this is probably going to be terrible later on if I try this when I have a good amount of years on me but right now, well I'm still fairly flexible because I'm at a fairly young age so this isn't a problem.

4. Street Stylist

Ameri-Do-Te is funny, glad someone else enjoys it too. I don't try to limit myself, my personality - or style, is what it is. If I have to adapt in order to stay alive, I will. Even if it makes me a wimp. But by nature, I am not a wimp, I am an alpha male lion, and my unorthodoxy makes me an endangered species. You are catching a glimpse at a true martial artist, which is a rare sight indeed. Only you are not being shown, so it's like seeing in braille. Blind men can only visualize what's being said, even when half of the description is missing. I can be passive, I can be redirective. I can flow. But if I don't have to, I won't, because that's not my style. I'd much rather attack than defend, brutally if I can. If I'm forced to adapt, I can, but it won't be as natural to me as what I am

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2013
  5. Street Stylist

Also, please don't say that again. That's the most sarcastic, most cowardly, most disrespectful thing anyone has said to me on MAP so far, and if you expect me to get mad, cry over it or stoop low by retaliating , you're sadly mistaken. I may not be the stereotype of a traditonal ninjutsu practitioner, but I will persevere, you can bet on that. I've swallowed everyone else's bullets, I ate their words for breakfast. Yours are no different. So you have 2 options, start dropping bombs, or grow up.

Respect.

6. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Without going back across every post of yours in this thread, no, that's not where much of the "wrong" comes from.... most of it is just you having no idea what you're talking about, using incorrect terminology not having a clue about what any word you use means, as well as no idea about martial arts methodology, terminology, technology, or anything else. An example? You infer that you think a "bokken" is a "split bamboo stick", but a "bokuto" is a wooden sword... no, they're both terms for wooden swords, the split bamboo weapon is a shinai.

Oh dear lord... no, you are nothing like a ninjutsu practitioner. And perservering with bad methods, and no education, is not perservering. It's being stubbornly ignorant, and refusing to actually learn. You might as well say you're perservering by putting your arm into a combine harvester up to your shoulder, rather than stopping at your fingers.

7. Street Stylist

Shinai, okay, perfect example of one of my many mistakes. Thankyou, still, you knew what I meant tho, so that's a big plus.

The rest of your statements have no basis. You completely missed the moon on that one. Bad way to persevere? Never heard of such a thing. So yes, I am ignorant to ignorance.

8. Chris Parker

No, I didn't, son. You seem to have missed, well, reality. By a lot.

9. gapjumper

I was being light-hearted.

It seems your sense of humour needs some training too. Such a fragile ego for "a true martial artist", neh?

10. Street Stylist

The reality is, there is no reality. There is a barrier of text, a barrier of belief systems, a barrier of languages and misunderstandings, a complete barrier between you and me. So any reality will only be virtual and partial to the true reality. Some people look at a set of movements and only see one technique in motion, while others see 3 different techniques in stillness. Also, there is a sound barrier, so tones and emotions are not presented in what people say on here. So no, there is no reality, that is an illusion. We are all blindmen trying to depict reality.

11. gapjumper

Cowardly why? Sarcsatic why? Disrespectful why?

Most disrespectful? Have you actually read any of the previous posts in this thread???

:eek:

12. Chris Parker

Right, you added a bit...

Yes, it's a bad take on perserverance. You're not perservering (against the odds and lack of understanding of others, who don't know what you do...), you're stubbornly trying to hold onto an ego-driven desire to be "special" and "different", avoiding what could help you. Continuing with a bad, flawed, poor imitation of actual work and development isn't perserverance, it's just being delusional and self-righteous without basis.

You want to talk to us about perserverance? Get to a school. Learn what you're playing at, rather than the mess you're coming up with. Perservere at that.

And no, that's not "ignorant to ignorance", it's just another delusion.

Garbage.

13. Street Stylist

I'm not TRYING to be different. It's quite clear by the content in this thread that I AM different. That right there is the delusion.

When someone asks you how you perform an 'americana' from a standing position in your style, when 'from a standing position' is the answer, and everyone tries to overthink it, THAT is the delusion. The bad thing is that it's not even an americana - There is no name for it and no other way to describe it, but AGAIN everyone tries to overthink it and then gets caught up on certain words like 'americana' or 'kenjutsu' or 'ninjutsu'... NIN, perseverence, JUTSU, art of... KEN, sword, JUTSU, art of... Simple, quit trying to get technical with someone who is not technical. In other words, quit feeding rocket science to kindergardners. Instead of talking and trying to always correct people, EMPTY your mind and LISTEN, because you might find yourself in need of a little correction as well.

14. Chris Parker

That's the thing, son. You're not. You're just completely uneducated, and are avoiding any way to remedy that.

(Just adding the quote, as you seem to keep editing your posts...)

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Actually you aren't that different at all. There's loads like you out in YouTube land and they all use similar faulty reasoning in an attempt to validate their own inadequacies.

16. Dean Winchester

This would be good. It's odd that you have weapons that are so fragile, especially considering they way you claim to train with them.

Maybe someone could give you pointers in making better ones.

17. Chris Parker

And here's the addition...

Son, you don't have a clue about ninjutsu. You don't have a clue about kenjutsu. You have no experience of either, and are assuming general literal translations of things you don't understand. But that's not the point. The point is that your descriptions of "what" and "how" you are doing things show such gigantic, glaring issues, problems, disconnects with reality, and so on, that it's ludicrous to consider you a martial artist at all.

Believe me, I can cater to pretty well any level of conversation on these topics, unless the person on the other end refuses to accept just how bad their ideas are, and, as a result, continually tries to justify their approach (which, again, just shows how little clue you have). You need far more than just a little correction. To give you an idea, your comments on your "free sparring, full contact" with bokken as "kenjutsu"? You do that with me, and you go to hospital. End of story. Same with any other (actual) Kenjutsu practitioner, by the way.

18. Street Stylist

No pictures, Obama phone. I use oakwood, it's the strongest wood that grows in my neighborhood besides bamboo which simply just doesn't have the right weight or widdling ability. With oak, I can actually carve out the shape of a sword. What's funny is that I've spent pages and pages talking about my wooden swords, but it's not even a big major part of my training. That's how stuck people have gotten with this. They've spent days discussing something that's less important to me than it is to them. It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon.

19. gapjumper

:D

20. Dean Winchester

You a phone with the ability to post online but it doesn't have a camera?

As low cost as it maybe that seems odd.

We're discussing them because you have used them as a reason for why you train a certain way and what you have learned. Based on that they seem to have some relevance.

You can dodge questions as much as you want but all you do is talk yourself into a corner.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1074749733&postcount=232

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.