new to musical forms

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by musical forms, Mar 6, 2012.

1. musical forms

musical forms Valued Member

dear sir/madame

i wanted to start musical form tournaments soon i have no instructor i need some any good advice that will help me .i see a lot people roaring at judges what are say .better yet what am i suppose say to judges before i start routine .i have no gymnastics done either .i asked a lot people for help who do it they refuse to help me and won't answer me . :(i can't find instructor there is none where i live .

please help me i need some advice. i won't say my age i am very embarrassed

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

Do you study a martial art at the moment and what draws you towards musical forms.
    Are you fixed on doing musical forms, or would something like rhythmic gymnastics be an option?

I would like to add that anyone who trolls the thread will have their posts removed and possibly a temporary ban handed out. If don't have something positive to contribute please do not post.

Simon.

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Where are you based?

Someone may be able to point you in the direction of a club.

4. musical forms

i live in Ireland in small country town where in clubs the nearest club is 3 hours away othere clubs are in Dublin 200 miles away .i just some advice to help me .like what do i say to judges etc

5. musical forms

i am new this forum this my 1st thread

yes i study tkd and kick boxing .well draws towards to musical forms was when i saw stunt woman doing it and it some different i like try to do new things .no there is no place to learn gymnastics where i live i have to travel 40 miles to nearest tkd club. so i am very limited

6. musical forms

yes i study itf tkd and kick boxing .i saw musical forms done by stunt woman i though be some thing different to do .new there no place teaches gymnastics where i live .i have to travel 40 miles to nearest tkd clubs i am very limited

7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Realistically this sort of thing is dominated by fast-paced routines with a lot of floor gymnastics and with little emphasis on actual fighting ability. As such, probably the best thing you can do is find a gymnastics instructor and work with them. It would be very dangerous for you to try learning gymnastic techniques on your own, so that's probably not a good idea.

This is very much not something I like about the modern martial arts "scene", but if you must do this please do it safely and under qualified supervision.

8. musical forms

9. musical forms

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9-xSArIAis&feature=share"]WAKO World Championship Dublin 2011 - MF hard style open hand - YouTube[/ame]

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You might be better looking up Tricking. Much easier to learn, and is generally derived from martial arts like Wushu and TKD.

11. musical forms

there is no wushu or wtf tkd in my entire county i live in Ireland not England

12. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Yeah I gathered that. Most trickers are self-taught. Which is what I thought you were looking for. Find a group of trickers in your area, and start meeting regularly, and your tricking/XMA skills should improve.

13. musical forms

i am wondering can i compete on my own in competition withOUT instructor becasue i have none ?
    how do i enter the mat ?
    what do i say to the judges before i start?
    i have only 2 songs one is 2 minutes and other 1.39 long becase i can no longer down load from you tube ?
    i have 2 freestyle unifroms already

can one any one help me i really need advice i am going trying to find help with this i am hoping to compete soon

please help i am very confused

sorry i started new thread forgot i had this one sorry my mistake

14. Lad_Gorg

Lad_Gorg Valued Member

This probably isn't something that anyone on this forum can help you with :S I've seen very few people here who do the musical forms thing or XMA. We have a few trickers, but that's about it.

However what I can recommend, is for you to go to a musical form competition or tourny, and then maybe ask for advice from the competitors or their instructors. I'm assuming that their must be such events near-by you, or in Ireland, so maybe you can even find a school that competes near your house that you haven't heard of.

At any rate, good luck I hope things work out for you!

15. musical forms

i ask several instructors advice they won't answer my letters for advice they refuse to help me i mean point blank refuse to answer me .so that i am asking here becaseu i am getting no help from no where i don't know why i really don't

16. Lad_Gorg

Lad_Gorg Valued Member

Aye, that is horrible. But saddly I don't know if there is anyone here that can help you mate.

You're making crazy efforts though, I tip my hat to that.

17. musical forms

i got this morning i found video i could hear the introduction by luck sheer luck alone so i think ok now.i was looking instructor who teaching forms in Ireland click in few his video i actual i caught one with intruction i could hear what been said so i finally know what to say by sheer stupid luck i actual video from instructor who refuse to help me in video i head introduction
    but thanks for complement yeah i am nut case making too much effort getting no help form judges or instructions who do this stuff making too much effort
    yeah i am compete nut case for some thing that is so simple yeah i am nut case i am pure nut case you right

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  18. miguksaram

miguksaram Valued Member

First off you will need to rules of whatever tournament circuit you will be competing in. This will determine how you walk on the mat, introduce yourself ect. I compete on a sport karate circuit and I will do my best to answer:

This will vary from circuit to circuit but for the most part, yes, you can compete without belonging to a school so long as you compete in a martial art uniform.

For the most part you enter the mat from the back corner bowing once you step on to the mat. Everyone has their own way of walking in. Things to know is if you will have music for your walk in (meaning from the time you bow in to the time you introduce yourself to the judges) or will you start your music after the your walk in.

For the most part you just need to introduce yourself. Again check the rules to see if there are strict criteria for introductions. Usually for open competitions there are none. You can simply introduce yourself by name. Example:
    "Judges proudly representing the Baek Woon Tigers, I am John Doe." or "Judges, my name is John Doe, I represent XYZ School, my style is Taekwondo. With your permission I will begin."
    Since you indicated you don't have a school, you can simply say "Representing the Doe Family (or whatever your last name is) I am John Doe."

I recommend that you look each judge in the eye beginnig with the center judge and ending with the center judge when you finish your introduction.

Again, check the rules to see if there is a time limit. Be sure to choreograph to the beats and not just have music playing in the background. Be sure the lyrics are clean.

Cool. You should be good to go.

Unfortunately I am in the US so I do not know the open circuit culture over in your neck of the woods, but I believe the tips here should help a little. Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.