New to MAP

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by kungfupanda71, Apr 29, 2019.

1. kungfupanda71

kungfupanda71 New Member

Hi everyone,

Found this great forum on martial arts and I am in northern California Sacramento area.

• What art do you do?
    I used to train in jiujitsu and Choy Li Fut (CLF). Looking to find another good CLF school or pursue Shaolin type martial arts (not tai chi) after a layoff due to travel and work reasons.
    • What grade are you?
    White sash beginner level due to layoff and need to get back into it.
    • Where are you?
    Sacramento, California
    • What other hobbies do you have?
    Many- scuba diving, flying airplanes, sports cars, music especially playing guitar and synthesizers, computer gaming, lifting weights, bike riding. Right now the flying airplanes costs too much money so I've cut it down to the gym, playing music and martial arts.

axelb likes this.
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Welcome to MAP.

kungfupanda71 likes this.
  3. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

What synthesizers do you own? Have you played any classics (I've only ever played the software emulations of classic vintage synths, but I still love them)?

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard :)

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP!

I saw in another thread you mentioned your former school was Eastern Ways. I have been training CLF for 15 years and Yang TCC for 14 in a Plum Blossom International Federation school (White Dragon Martial Arts- La Mesa Location). So, even if you don't train there anymore, I will still call you a Kung Fu Sibling. :)

I think you will see a lot of the answers to your questions as you hang out on MAP and participate in various threads even if you don't get the answers here.

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Welcome to MAP :)

7. kungfupanda71

kungfupanda71 New Member

Many- I have a Moog Sub 37, Elektron A4, Korg Volca. Lots of fun and fun to play my jams during practice. I have plugin VST of classic synths on my PC that I have used with Ableton/Cubase and they are fun. I want a modular system one day but these cost ton of money.

axelb and David Harrison like this.
  8. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yeah, a good Eurorack setup would be amazing. :)

9. kungfupanda71

kungfupanda71 New Member

Right now out of my budget but I already have plenty of synths to keep me happy plus my guitars and pedals. Saving up for a full on modular system- the new Erica Synths techno setup or Make Noise look great. My friend has a full modular setup that fills his apartment bedroom. Think that he spent like over 10k on it.

axelb and David Harrison like this.
  10. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Haha yes it can become addictive, a good friend of mine has a room like that full of synths a whole array of classic Roland synths and always eyeing up more.