New regime, so weak!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Su lin, May 16, 2007.

1. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I thought it's where you slap yourself silly.......oh wait nevermind, that's my art...Kempo :p :D

2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Diet wise, changing what you eat (cutting out the bad stuff and increasing the good)..also eating smaller meals and snacks every 2-3 hours. I know after I workout, I'll have a protein shake.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I barely have any bad stuff at all :( Think I need to eat smaller and more often though so I recover faster and have some fuel for training in the evenings :)

4. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Let's see a sample day of your diet so we can check out what you're doing and where you might be going wrong.

5. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

**Points + laughs**

Sorry.... actually, no Im not....

Definately get lifting, it'll help dramatically.

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Okay, typical day.
    Breakfast- wholegrain cereal or porridge
    Snack- banana
    Lunch- tuna sandwich on wholemeal 3 slices of bread or low fat hummous pitta x2 with spinach
    Largish fruit salad
    Dinner (after training) either tofu or turkey stir fry and noodles/wholegrain rice or lean steak mince and wholemeal pasta.
    Snack- maybe the odd biscuit or occasional cake
    Drinks- green/white/rooibos tea, at least 2 litres water and average 2/3 cups of black coffee.
    Occasionally the odd glass of red wine.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ooh I forgot to mention the bacon and egg barm I have on a Wednesday morning :eek:

8. Ad McG

Sounds ok but there isn't all that much protein and there definitely isn't that much in the way of veggies.

Greens and cruciferous veggies like broccoli and cauliflower are key to any good diet. There's a famous coach who says he doesn't count calories for some clients, he just says get 4-6oz of protein and a good serving of veggies 5/6 times a day as well as a couple of supplements like fish oil and the fat falls off. I would take in more protein at breakfast (easily done with whey added to your porridge oats) and bung in more veggies at lunch and dinner. I would also work in some kind of meal with protein and carbs for after work outs. This would be a good start. If you are trimming fat you could try taking in more carbs earlier in the day and less in the evening.

If you are at all interested in eating healthy as a lifestyle rather than a temporary solution for weight loss, I would definitely recommend Gourmet Nutrition and Precision Nutrition by John Berardi. Gourmet nutrition has some excellent recipes in it. PM me if you want more info.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Ahhh I forgot to add that they are in the stir fry. I make sure I get at least 5 portions a day,often spinach, peppers, fruit ,brocolli etc

Thanks for the info will look into it! :)

10. flaming

flaming Valued Member

It's no wander your feeling weak. If you want to lose fat, eat less carbohydrates and exercise less frequently. Do exercise that doesnt take long 15-20 minutes for the main workout but go as fast as you can. Circuit training would be good 3 days a week. I doubt a girl would do tabata sprints. There too fragile.

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hmmmm, not sure I agree with you there Flaming :)
    Less exercise sessions isn't an option!

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  12. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

LOL! You want to be careful where you're going with that. I know girls who would whoop your **** if you said that to their face. ;)

I do think you have a point with the amount of exercise though. Su, it's possible you might be doing too much. How about scaling it back for a couple of weeks just to see what the effects are? it might not be the answer, but then at least you'd know.

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hmmm we'll see :) I would rather not scale back tbh,as I really enjoy doing it all.The body combat sessions aren't particularly hard (for me anyway) :D The cycling on a Sunday is kind of weather dependant anyway so won't always be doing that

Any yeah Flaming, not ALL girls are too fragile to do Tabbata training thankyouverymuch!! :Alien:

Have just finished a quite gruelling week, starting with the 45 mile ride on Sunday, double session kf/bc on Monday, gym Tues,kf Weds and gym tonight.I feel tired but have barely suffered from any soreness at all ,which I am quite happy with .If I carry on feeling like that and adding more protein I may have cracked it.We'll see what my next body fat measurement is in 8 weeks time at my review.

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  14. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

That clip has been posted Hapuka and the thread really isnt about body combat. :rolleyes:

16. Ad McG

If you are still training that much you need to up the calories. You also need to figure out at some point when you are going to rest for a week. Everyone needs a break at some point and you will come back feeling better than ever.

17. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Darn it! Someone has already beat me to it. :woo: