New Org:ICTF - Grand Master Kong, Young Il

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Tosh, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Hiya TKD peeps,

What do you all make of this?

http://www.ictf-web.com/main.html

I haven't heard anything about them. Anyone affiliated to them a part of them? Anyone had dealings with the people involved?

Cheers

Tosh

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  2. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

Hey Tosh,

I got an email from them announcing that they had formed. There are about 8/9 UK Members, it costs $250 to join and $150 thereafter. Apart from that, I don't know nowt! How was the seminar by the way?

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

THE SEMINAR! *smacks head* I thought it was in April! My bad! Gaaaaa! Much egg on face :(

Right I suppose I'll just have to come to you and you can show me. Once new job and car arrive we should arrange something.

Damn! I had April all planned out too....:woo:

P.s. Yeah I got the email too, that's why I was enquirying. UK members eh? Whcih ones, out of interest?

4. mattsylvester

mattsylvester One proud daddy!

No worries. If you feel that bad you can go along to the Rick Clark seminar in Edinburgh :) They're late May/June and you can find them here

Heh, you'd be better off flying :) I'm down in Devon :)

No-one I've heard of and I deleted the email with all the links as well. I think that the Canadians must be a break-away from the ITF, bit like what the TAGB did in the old days (then the UTAW, UTAE, and GTI) as wasn't ITF HQ over for a period?

5. tkdhkddave

tkdhkddave Valued Member

I have heard of all the people mentioned and all are highly regarded. I was lucky enough a while back to attend a seminar given by Choi Jung Hwa, the son of General Choi, I was very pleased to see that Grand Master Kong Young Il was also instructing in the seminar although he couldn't demonstrate any kicks as he was recovering from a recents ankle op If I remember rightly, although he taught some very good ways of developing more power in our basic punches. In short I was very impressed as he is a Taekwon-do legend (in my book anyway) and he made a good impression on me as I remember the day very clearly still.

Regards
    Dave