New here

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by AussieGirl, Oct 14, 2016.

1. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Valued Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I've been training in Tae Kwon Do for 2 years. At 38 years old, I'm a late comer to the sport - I joined because my daughters did, and my bum got sore sitting on the hard benches watching them nearly every night of the week so I decided to join in. :) I love that this is something we can do together. We hope to test for our black belts toward the end of next year.

In addition to tae kwon do, our dojo also does escrima sticks and other Filipino Martial Arts, so it's a bit of a mixed bag.

I look forward to reading the threads here and learning more.

Rebecca (AussieGirl)

2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Welcome to MAP :)

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Awesome story. Welcome to MAP!

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!

5. mjl

mjl ITF Taekwon-Do (1st Dan)

Hi and welcome!

6. Smaug97

Smaug97 Valued Member

Welcome!

7. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Welcome to MAP! :)

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome aboard, it's great to have the chance to share something like TKD with your kids :)

Mitch

9. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Have you looked into the eskrima? It's a lot of fun if you like messing around with weapons and I know I do!

10. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

Lovely to meet you here. I look forward to hearing your insights. I would second the above , playing with sticks is fun!!!!

11. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Welcome to MAP AussieGirl.

Travess

12. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

welcome

13. TwirlinMerlin

TwirlinMerlin Valued Member

14. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Valued Member

Thank you everyone for your wonderful welcome words (try saying that 10x fast!) :)

We do eskrima training as part of our regular TKD class (yes, I know it's not technically TKD, but our school is known for its Philippine Martial Arts so they want all their students to have at least a basic knowledge of it). I am thinking about adding an eskrima specific class to my schedule, though. It's a lot of fun.

15. Marku85

Marku85 Valued Member

Welcome to MAP!