New FMA Topic Moderator

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Freeform, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

How do you become a topic mod.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

By being the kind of member we are looking for (keeping within Terms of Service, being helpful etc), being in the right place at the right time (right forums when we think they need more cover) and by not asking to be a moderator :)

3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

congrats Ap, definately the man for the job :)

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've often wondered why Ap Oweyn wasn't a mod, and assumed that he must have had to turn the offer(s) down.

If ever there was a man who was born to mod, then it is he! :)

5. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Wow, I hope he can live up to it, the FMA section is volatile.

Gary

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Well I'm not personally familiar with the FMA forum, but I'm sure that Stuart will do a great job.

I know we might seem to have given him the 'kiss of death' with such a great build-up, but frankly I wouldn't if I didn't think he was up to it. I'd just say 'good luck mate' and wait for the sound of distant train wrecks!

(I'm sure we can all think of new mods of whom we've thought: "I give him three weeks!" :D )

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

fma section isn't volatile! we've had many months of peace. it's only when kewls and trolls show up that we get volatile. trolls and kewls have a tendancy to re-open wounds that this forum has been trying to heal.

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Agreed. He has always struck me as thoughtful, even tempered, helpful, and good humored.

Good luck Stuart. Cheers.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Hey, thanks for all the unwavering support gang. I appreciate it. And, obviously, I hope I'm up to it as well. The forum can be "spirited." But it's a good bunch of people. And, while some debates get away from us occassionally, it's very easy to work with good people.

Stuart

10. Khun Kao

Khun Kao Valued Member

I'd like to remind Stuart that he has been missing his Sunday Boxing/MuayThai workouts at the Alexandria YMCA for weeks now.....

....and also remind him of the upcoming MuayThai "Smoker" in Sterling, VA on Saturday, June 16th...

Stuart, contact me at: brooks@khunkao.com

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

[insert sheepish grin here]

Aye aye sir. :D

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Nice that you get along so well, sort of reminds me of the situation in most dojos.
    Not what I care for actually. But then I am old and dislike orders rather than requests. Since I do think anytime you are paying, it is sort of a two way street.

OH well, just an observation, and the eye cannot trespass they mention.

Gary

13. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

We're friends. Joking. Worry not.

Stuart

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I try not to worry, just observe.

So did you see my new sword it is sort of a Kampilan Bolo :confused:
    :topic:
    I am going to try it out today, see if it will pass the carpenter arm swing and if the tang is deep enough to withstand the Framing stoke technique into a bail of hay. ;)
    It is a heck of a piece of steel I'll mention that LOL I like the handle it has enough room for my hand and it has a good feel.

Gary

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Observations that led to erroneous conclusions in this case. But no harm done.

I did, yeah. Nice piece. I don't know enough to classify it. It does look a bit like a kampilan, but with a very abbreviated second point. *shrug* You'd do well to start a thread on that forum asking for opinions. That's what I did with two pieces I own. It was very informative.
    Careful and good luck then. :)

Stuart

16. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Careful and good luck then.
    Well that bail will be good mulch :D No not really just a few shots to see how it handles, I likee...Talk about some heft. Ready for a palm tree now or maybe coconut in the raw. ;)

17. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Congratulations Ap Oweyn,
    I received my Likha Tatlo (brown belt) in 1977 from prof. Remy Presas, god rest his soul. I love the Filipino martial arts. I'm looking forward to your contributions. Welcome.

Thanks,
    Sensei Tom

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Cheers Tom. The group I currently train with is a Modern Arnis group, as it happens. Good bunch.

Look forward to seeing you on the forum.

Stuart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.