New Elder scrolls

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Rider, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Rider

Rider Everybody loves cakes! :D

Hi guys...

I was wondering if anyone had played the elder scrolls games before...

i was impressed with oblivion and i've known off it a long time but as anyone got any interest in the new

Elder scrolls skyrim?

It looks graphically impressive and i think based off the last game and the issues they are changing with it...think it could be a winner :)

Below is a link to a interview of one of the devolopers, and alot of ingame footage?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU"]‪"The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" E3 Gameplay Demo‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And the trailer is below

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqsYzBrP-M"]‪Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Official Gameplay Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thoughts please? :)

2. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

I'm still playing Oblivion. And the trailers don't show many ingame-sequences. But as far as I can tell, monsters look quite good, and hell, it's TES!
    Also pretty curious about the dragons.
    I'm not gonna get it right after the release, but sooner or later I'll definitively spend a lot of time in Skyrim.

3. Rider

The above video shows around...i guess 10 mins of gameplay and the dragons, but not enough on the skills they you would understand it fully...

From what i can tell they look good at least...the only thing im wondering...this there ability to fly...how they are going to balence sword, blunt, or even hand to hand characters with a archer...if they are flying i would think a archer would be better but i dont know =\

...Tho they look awsome and sound like they will be a good challenge in game...that and you dont know what they will do as much or when they will come apparently the Ai is quite good...dono what to wait and see with that :p

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

in the sky the dragons seem to be brought down by shouts (character is "dragon-born" and can use their language to cast uber spells) such as the one in the demo with the lightning storm, I don't think arrows are going to do much if anything.
    There is a lot that's been announced about Skyrim that wasn't in those videos and from what I've read its shaping up to be frickin' awesome and I mean people skipping work the week it comes out awesome :p

5. Rider

You have a good point there...i wonder how they will work the shouts...if it drains mannor which i think it dose...or...i dono looool...but yeah i over looked that :p

It certainly will for none at all mage characters it will add a new element to the way they fight i think

For mage characters...im not sure about that one i think they will balence it will tho so the mage has other effective powers he would use and not just always use the shout

Cant wait for the Dragons tho...and wow...i know im reali excited for it but i wont be taking the weekend off...tho...i will if its a good as it looks like it will be, enojoying my Ps3 a little more this year :)

6. Southpaw535

yeah I'm not sure either but if the shouts are all stuff like calling in storms they might be only for certain events or they might be like the greater powers in oblivion where you could only use them once a day. Dragon fights are going to be awesome apparently they're written into the games as normal animals too so you can randomly get jumped by a couple of them at once

7. Rider

Yeah...i was thinking that but i didnt know about the greater powers...personally i think it would be awsome if (this is if they are not magika based and they are greater powers)...Say the weaker ones, being able to use a few times a day to balence...and they strong ones once perhaps? ... both ways i think they will be awsome tho :)

i dont know but it would be irratating to spend time leveling a weaker one to find there is a monster of a power that can be used just as much...dont know how that will be balenced =\ :S

but yeah the dragons popping out of no where...i think will be awsome!!! :D

...means that you can still get to fight them again after certain quests and be suddenly suprised with epicness :D

8. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I'm still playing Oblivion. I usually wait for the GOTY (or equivalent) edition anyway. Looks pretty awesome though.

9. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

SKYRIM! SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!SKYRIM!

That is all

10. Southpaw535

That would be a good way to balance it

They've changed the levelling system too so things improve organically as you play rather than relying on pouring points into them so maybe you'll jsut how to use the weaker more to get to the next level? Might not even be levels to them guess it depends how the powers work in the rest of the game
    but yeah the dragons popping out of no where...i think will be awsome!!! :D

Hell yeah. Was worried they'd only be story monsters and you wouldn't get to fight them again but random encounters is just awesome

11. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I just hope my wife likes the ingame music.

12. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

My wife likes the horses :D

13. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Don't say that, my wife ruined Red Dead Redemption for me by spending ages on gentle horsey rides and looking at the views. Actually she did the same in GTA, she'd take a car out of the garage and go for a drive, stopping at lights and pedestrian crossings. The only real fun was seeing her get annoyed at pedestrians in the road or other bad drivers.

14. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

i love elder scrolls. i've been playing the games since daggerfall.

I didn't like the last one because of the scalable encounters. It didn't matter how high level you got you couldn't just smite bitches in one shot. You couldn't go to the high level dungeon at a way lower level and collect on ballin gear.

Other than that, this is one of the best RPG series of all time. I honestly think Witcher is beating it right now but that's just my opinion.

15. Rider

I hope they balence this out...apparently its level based but there are place of the game with must harder difficulty...

O my...that...would be irratating...Gta wise i prefered to rampage with a car and go racing drive style around the city against police cars with guns :)

but stopping to site see with a horse...i would be wishing for the rocket launcher so i could just aim it at the ground below me and pop a rocket :p

Pray she dont with this one...cus it looks like its going to have some pritty graphics :) ... or that a dragon hit and runs while site seeing :p

16. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Does anyone know whether enemies are going to be on level with the character again? I have to say I somehow like it in Oblivion, because even though you can't become invincible and grinding does not work (and of course there is no need to do so) you definitively get stronger even in relation to the enemies, especially because of enchanted weapons, armor and stuff. But Yohan made a good point, you can't find any bad ass loot no matter what you do. But anyway, the setting is amazing, the balance usually works really well and the only reason why Skyrim could possibly not fullfill the expections would be because of bugs.
    Hope Bethesda made their homework.

17. Rider

I put full chamilion (cant spell it) on my character with enchanted cloths...no one could ever see him when sneaking with a skill of only 5...i found grinding my sword skill on summoned creatures worked?

but yeah its level related...but some harder area's exist with lots more enermys

not sure if dragons are leveled tho =\

18. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

It sure worked, just as you could capture the souls of summoned creatures. I think you could even level weapon skills by using training areas. You just had to successfully use a technique, it didn't matter whether it did any damage. At least that's what I think and I've been playing Oblivion for hours in the last couple of weeks again. Of course I could be mistaken anyhow.

19. Rider

i never saw it increase but it is possible...and yeah...i used the summon creatures to enchant the cloths once i captured there souls...summoning i think is my fav skill ingame :)

if you wanna grow levels fast...and have armour or block...mudcrabs...little damage and attack oftain just...stand there...or stand and block if its block you wanna increase...altho...its borning i ended up just like i did with sneak...rubber band around controller next to a asleep person in the inn of ill omen...

tho it levels fast without effort...lol

with blade...turn difficulty high...a rubbish knife...fast attack low damage...and summon something...you will see levels in no time when you are damaged...summon another (it wont attack you)...its easy reali...but boring...i just wanted to skil weak creatures and start fighting trolls and lich's fast :p

20. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

In Oblivion I usually try to level slow to get many skills as high as possible when my char and thus all enemies level up. So I take a class and skills that I do not intend to use often, my prefered skills level up while the game's overall skill level stays relatively low. It's boring for the first 50 hours or something, but you definitively get a more round and well-balanced character.