NEW "COMBAT TV" CHANNEL IN UK.

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Peaceful Tiger, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Does anyone have any information on the new channel coming to the UK pretty soon?

It'll be available on Sky and NTL but what about Freeview etc and do you have to subscribe?

Apparently Peter King has already done some filming for this and rumours are that the Bujinkan may be featured quite regularly.

2. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

My Google-jutsu doesn't bring up anything that seems relevant, unfortunately. A TV channel devoted to martial arts and combat sports is a damn cool idea though.

3. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

My instructor mentioned it to our class on Friday, I just did a little search and found out about it from here...

Bujinkan Britain

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Talk about it has been going on for ages. I remember about a year or so ago my instructor going on about it. It could feature all the main styles with small bits regarding the "fringe" groups like ours.

5. sith-smith

sith-smith Valued Member

Cool.

Any idea just how soon it might be?

6. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

If you have sky, it could be about the channel 400. It will be a select audience channel as it only caters for MA.

If it becomes freeview, then the revene income will have to exceed £1,000,000 per calander year in adverts alone, so it may end up being part of the £30+ Pay per View packages.

As for when it may start... Maybe this year. But the idea has been banded about for a long time but it will not air soon. If we had the company that is doing the boradcasts, we could get a date as to the first airing and if it may be freeview.

7. warren33

warren33 Valued Member

Fight channel

Hi all,

I'm not certain but I think the channel might be Fight+. There is a small amount of additional info here and at the bottom here

It seems that the mainstay of the programming will be boxing and things like UFC or K-1 events. Perhaps there will also be competitions featuring more mainstream martial arts like Karate, Judo and Tae Kwon Do.

If this is the channel it looks like it'll be around £3-4 per month, though there seem to be a couple of new ones like this so I could easily be talking about the wrong one.... :D

Thanks and regards,
    in budo,

Warren

8. Alberta

Alberta A legend in my own mind.

Its bout time!

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

It looks like another Setanta PPV style TV seperate from the main packaging of pay per month viewing.

10. Alberta

Alberta A legend in my own mind.

it dose say that it will be a pay channel