new at this and really interested!

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by known, May 31, 2003.

1. known

known New Member

hey,
    i am new at this and like the post subject i'm really interested! i really would like to get to know all of ye. does anyone have a good site to learn about kung fu? my kicks are really strong but i have weak pucnches, how can have both very very powerful?:Angel:
    c ya
    p.s plz reply

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hi KNOWN and welcome to MAP :D

My advice to you for learnibng to punch "very very powerful" seeing as you're kicks are already "really strong" is to enrol at your local Boxing gym in addition to whatever you currently train in.

3. known

known New Member

hey,
    thank you for replying. but there is no center to learn so i have to learn on the internet and try it on my own! i'll keep searching for courses over the summer till then can you give me any sites where you can learn online?
    c ya

4. YODA

Where are you based?

5. known

known New Member

hey,
    western europe(ireland), could i learn from da net?
    c ya

6. YODA

No - you cannot learn fron da net.

Where in Ireland?

7. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Known, By reading off the internet you are being 'told'. It's better to be instructed. It's much easier to learn from instruction then just reading, esp. when the subject is a practicality. That way you can bounce off mistakes, corrections, and results, with others.

8. YODA

Exactly - I know some GREAT martial arts people in ireland too :D

9. known

known New Member

hey
    i'm from galway!
    do u anyone from there? but i'm young enough @(14)
    c ya

10. YODA

How's this....

Galway Fire Dragon

Instructor : Dave Joyce

Location : St. Patricks, Hall Forster Street, Galway city (opposite Morgans Hotel)

Training: Beginners classes on Wed/Fri.

Style : The styles we practise are Muay Thai (we're members of the Irish Muay Thai Council, Arnis/Eskrima under John Harvey and Jude Tucker of Kapatarian Arnis, and Jiu-Jitsu under Josie Murray of the Donegal Jiu-Jitsu Federation, Shaolin Long Fist/White Crane and Taiji/Qigong under Master Yang, Jwing Ming of Boston Mass.,

For further info contact Dave Joyce 00 353 91 770246/ e-mail longfist@eircom.net

11. known

known New Member

hey,
    thanks, i'll ask my parents and email him, thank you again
    c ya

12. YODA

No problem mate - that's what we're here for - keep me posted on any progress.

13. marion 25

marion 25 New Member

Im from Galway aswell...

Hi Yoda, im from Galway and i am trying to find somewhere that does martial arts. I would recommened Dave Joyce he is an excellent instructor and has been doing it for years. My brother use to do Kick Boxing with him years ago and loads of my friends aswell. I think myself and yourself are the only two from Galway on this site, actually i think we are the only two from Ireland.
    Anyhow let me know how you get on, i might see you there :)