Never Gymless by Ross Enamait

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by RazorKaine, Apr 28, 2006.

1. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Hi
    as you probably know I'm a big fan (like many in there) of Ross Enamait's works.
    Well, a new book has been published: NEVER GYMLESS
    It will take the place of the previous great books "Underground guide" and "Ultimate Training" that will be dismissed.
    The new book is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than the previous ones.
    As soon as I get it, I'll give more insight, but, for now, just give a look at www.warriorforce.com.

2. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Underground guide delivers everything this book promises.

Personally i don't understand the hype around Ross Enamaits books. All the information in Underground guide I found on the internet anyway.

3. rocketone5

rocketone5 New Member

I was looking forward to Olympic Gymnastic book by Coach Somner,
    as well as Never gymless by Ross Enamait and Gravity Advantage Max by Paul Zaichik.
    Lattely I saw allot of exercises on Cross fit. So I am wondering if any of those books will have something that is not readily awailable on line. Otherwise I rather do research on line than buy.

4. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Ok... so maybe people that buy those books are all dumb? :rolleyes:
    Maybe they deliver more than just some HTML info spread here and there... oh, well, every taste is different, but I think that between books about bodyweight, crosstraining excercises, Enamait's ones are the best. :D

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I bet you didn't find it in one easy to use convenient format like the way Ross has provided it though.

I bet you much of the information out there isn't presented in the clean and concise format that Ross does his in. (I know for a fact it's not because I've got volumes of the stuff - from turn of the century to present - both in book, PDF file and DVD form) and there aren't many who do it as well as Ross does.

There is a reason why is stuff is the bizz - because it's easy to use - because he's an example of someone who actually does it and he's not a dumbbell head and he's not a rocket scientist - he's right in between - something that makes for easy reading and great reference.

I for one don't want to have to spend a ton of time looking through umpteen million sites to find all the info... how would I get to flame everyone here at MAP if I did that? :D

6. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

And therein lies the dilemma folks. Slip needs his flame time....therefore, he needs the convenience of a book with it all laid out, in plain and simple language. This allows him to rip you a new one, all while skimming the chapter on "medicine ball training".

:D:D

For the record, I like Ross's stuff too. The format is beautiful, and has some interesting things that are plenty useful. It's nice to have access to something wherever you are instead of having to hop on the net (do you have any idea how many t-nation book marks I have?!?!).:D

7. RazorKaine

RazorKaine Valued Member

Furthermore, it's very easy, grabbing random info on the web, to do some mistake that can hamper your progression. I remember, before buying Ross books, I did some Scrapper's workouts found on his website... risked overtraining.
    Instead, with Ross' books, everything has a sense and a reason to be there, and it's easy to build a program around your needs, instead of figuring how to adapt gazillion of info gathered from the net.

8. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Ross is sending me a copy of this, it's in the mail now so I'm just waiting to get it. I'm also reviewing his Infinite Intensity book very soon in a nice new feature we are creating in the H+F forum :)

If you think you can get everything in these books from the net, then I would love to know where you're looking.

9. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

New feature?! WOOO HOOO! Definitely get those reviews up as soon as possible adam! My library needs more books... :rolleyes:

10. Ad McG

:D

I am beyond beaten down with uni work at the moment, seriously abused. I shouldn't even be on here really, I'm working literally dawn til gone dusk every day, it's sucking. After next week, I will probably start the ball rolling. I wanted to do it in the past couple of days but I have about a million things to do for uni so it's gotta wait. It's ready in a couple of weeks latest anyway :)

11. Ad McG

It arrived :D

At first glance, there is a bibliography this time and an exercise index. There also seems to be a lot more exercise variations. Wait til next week for a full review :) :cool: