Needle throwing?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Laban, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Laban

Laban New Member

Hello!

I'm looking for info. and guidence about needle throwing.

thanks.

2. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Well first off.. can you throw a knife a hit your mark consistently? Is the knife balanced or unbalanced? Alright. Now are you even any good at darts?

If you answered no to any of these.. you need to realize needle throwing is friggin hard. You need to realize you're asking people here how to run when we don't even know if you can crawl and/or walk yet.

Not many styles actively teach it, however I do know of a Sifu Dennis Brown in Florida that does teach it. Not sure if that helps, but its a start. Your best bet is learn something a bit more practical, and practice your knife throwing.

3. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Ask the instructor of the dojo you join.

4. Laban

Laban New Member

Isn't there any way of self tutoring, via the internet - website instruction?

I don't think the dojos near me practice this art.

TheDarkJester

Excuse me for not mentioning my experience and expertize level.
    First off, I'm a blue belt in Judo and Shotokan Karate and a brown belt in Krav Maga.
    Second, I've never dealt with throwing weapons before and I'm not into throwing knives. I have practiced a bit with ninja stars ,but just for fun, and I'm pretty good with darts :) .

If you could refer to my question (above) I would highly appreciate it.

thanks.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Does you mother know your at her computer asking about throwing needles? :D

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Ask those brits, their always throwing those darty things in the pubs.....

7. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

Dude. Stop and think about what you just said. There are hardly any resources on the internet on how to properly fight with a knife, or a stick, or a sword. What makes you think there would be a resource on how to throw needles? If you can't throw a knife, what makes you think you can throw a needle?

once again.. you're trying to run before you crawl. To refer to your question.. have you tried this handy dandy thing called 'google'? :)

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

This and your age says it all, n00b. Do a search on "internet weapons training" here at MAP. We eat children like you for breakfast. Go sit in the corner, already.

9. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I'd rather throw a knife in someone's eye than a needle.

Imagine a needle-throwing MA'ist in colourful silk pyjamas going up against a BJJ guy. That would be so much fun to watch.

Hollywood has so much to answer for. :bang: