Need some help.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bon, Jan 18, 2003.

1. Bon

Bon Banned Banned

Hi,

I've just committed myself to 5 years at University, doing Commerce/Computer science and I would like to add some mass, increase my strength through the roof (more for my grappling & krava maga than anything else) and cut down to a lean 90kgs after I've finished adding mass & strength. My reasons for wanting to do this are threefold.

Firstly, I've finally realised I am a small guy in comparison to others at my dojo, and I just don't have the size or the strength to play the big man's game.

Secondly, a boost to my self-esteem and confidence wouldn't go astray.

Thirdly, I figure I will have less trouble from people if I'm big when I start security work.

I'm currently 85kgs, which 6kgs of fat could be lost and I would probably be at my fighting weight. This means I'd like to add 10kgs of lean mass. I don't seem to have too much trouble building muscle, I've built some muscle just from my MA training. How long will it take me to make these kind of gains?

From what I've read, I should be sticking to compound movements. I've heard YODA say that's it's possible to do a good strength training regimin in as little as 2 hours per week. If so, HOW?! And, will I make big gains in strength & mass? Can anyone give me an idea of how to go about drawing up a routine? I'd also like something to work my grip for grabbing the other guy's gi.

Any advice and links will be appreciated!

2. Cain

Cain New Member

I'd also like something to work my grip for grabbing the other guy's gi.

Work on ur forearms for exercises see my post in thread called 'my wrists'

For the weight training, wait for Yoda to reply

|Cain|

3. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

well for a good routine Yoda is ur Man...
    but from wat i hav seen n expereinced is that with good wrestling workout u can get the kind of results u want, i hav met lots of wrestlers who looks like lean n frail n hav a physique of matchstick but they r very heavy(around 80 kg's)n very powerful...

i used to do lots of hard work on famlily land in my village(it was before tractors getting took up all the hand job, around 1992-94)
    my forearms were like the one bruce has in Cain's signature, powerful shoulders, powerful lung power, everything at it's best :)
    i still hav those(lost abs tho :( )
    -TkdWarrior-

4. darlph

darlph New Member

Have you ever seen a pic of Bruce Lee in just his "wrapped' undies. Every muscle you could isolate and follow. Like a walking muscle. Hit some weights, watch your diet. Yoda and cain charlie has some excellent advive in some of their threads. Go to members and scan their posts.

5. Cain

Cain New Member

Ok I posted this in another forum, try this -

And this from MAP

Hope I helped,

|Cain|

6. Cain

Cain New Member

Oh ya and also try those wrist rollers, or make a home made one

|Cain|