Need some help: Name of a song.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Greg-VT, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

You're my hero KickChick... the songs called
    Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

My work is done here ... [​IMG]

3. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Thanks, KickChick and Andy Murray, for the "Spring" song titles! The ones you mentioned, plus the ones I found, total 86 songs, without any repetition (if the same song was sung by five different singers, I counted it only once).

The party and contest are tomorrow -- I'll let you know if I win!

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

[​IMG]

... you should see me in action when my kids have school projects!

My 9 yr. old is doing one on Wisconsin.... the stuff that I find!! :Angel:

Did you know the state animal is the Badger?? :D

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Kickchick, living in Wisconsin I COULD possibly help. Especially if its some weird off the wall question that might not be in the mainstream locations. Just a thought. You know we're NOT the dairy state anymore.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Please just don't tell me you own a "cheese-head hat"!!

Attached Files:

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Would you believe I have heard this song now at least half a dozen times since I saw this thread Ving Tsun.... in fact its playing now on the radio in my office! :D

8. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

Doesn't that happen to all of us? Once I learned what a phrase meant my teacher used it the next day. Songs that don't give the names away in themselves (like you can listen to it and still not know the name) torture me aswell

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

How much useless garbage is there in the off topic area!?!

10. Jim

Jim New Member

Okay gang, here goes. Some song lyrics to fry your brain a bit. If you do know BY YOURSELF (ie. without doing a web search) go right ahead and solve them. Please don't post the answer if you have to search and find online. Here you are:

1. I looked around for faces I'd know and fell in love with the people in the front row...

2. I hired a detective to try and find out where you were. He managed to trace you, he said you were living in France...

3. Give me the sound of the rolling dice, give me the whiskey - don't think twice, give the the cure to take my blues away...

4. They came for him one winter's night, arrested he was bound, they said there'd been a robbery, his pistol had been found...

5. Grandma's on the front porch with a bible in her hand, sometimes I hear her singing 'take me to the promised land'.

PS, KT - don't tell us what you ARE going to do with that cigar. We know all about you Americans and cigars... ;)

11. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

The cigar will remain as a trophy, sitting on my desk! :D

Oh, and I found out that the toy that I won is called a whizmo -- and the little planet Saturn has small noise-making pellets inside, and it glows in the dark!

12. Jim

Jim New Member

I can't believe that NOBODY knows ANY of those songs! I did a big cross decade thing too...

Two of them were Aussie bands, one was from the USA and two were from the UK. Need any hints?

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I can only guess John Cougar Mellancamp as one of them .... you stumped me Jim ;)

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Lemme say here and now Jim;

I'm crud at remembering this stuff!

If I heard the song, I'd probably produce a peice of meaningless Muso-Geek trivia related though! ;)

15. Jim

Jim New Member

KC, you got it... 'Rain on the Scarecrow, blood on the plow. This land fed a Nation, this land made me proud...' Song number 5 you have.

I'll give you the first one because I did a bit of cheating. 1. is a Rap song from a new band in SA (that's South Australia) called Hilltop Hoods, the song's called 'Nosebleed Section'. The cheating is because the line that I gave is from a sample of an old 60's UK band - sorry, I don't know who they were. I'm surprised Greg and Helen didn't get it, though! If you're into Rap Do yourself a favour and download it.

2. 'A watchman saw you drive off laughing in the night... What you should've told me, not leave me this way, oh you should'a told me, not waited for...' (the next line is the song title). This is a UK band.

3. Well this is a little hard too. If RAD were here I'm sure she would've got it. An Aussie Band spanning 3 decades who are now split into 2 bands and have a legal battle looming to determine who has the rights to use their name. They are very good friends with the USA band 'Cheap Trick' and have toured with them several times both in Oz and O/S.

4. Ah, how to clue you on this? I can hear the bagpipes and tom drums now... Mid 80's Uk'er who was part of a 70's band who'se lead singer died. He's from Belfast. Had a great mullet in the clip.