Need Help Locating Food Journal/Calendar

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by John R. Gambit, Oct 13, 2013.

1. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Hello MAP,

I could definitely use some assistance locating an ideal food/symptom journal/calendar. I want something that allows local storage (on my hard drive) and is formatted to allow a long list of symptoms; probably around 20 lines. Is there a Microsoft Office template that allows for this? I have a full version of Office 2007 and have Googled that it is recommended to use Outlook, but considering how much I have loathed previous version of Outlook (I've never tried 2007 or newer), I'd rather avoid that program like The Black Death that it is if possible.

(I've just been using Word and typing blocks of paragraphs describing my symptoms, but this is very cumbersome to read over and edit.)

Thank you everyone,
    John

2. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

I'm looking forward to the answers. I actually need something similar for a project of my own.

3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This may be a little high tech . . . . . . :D

Attached Files:

5. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Perhaps it's a bit inconvenient to store it into a hard drive. To me it would be annoying to disassemble the hardware every time and put the papers in it. :p

6. John R. Gambit

Sorry for the delay. Been a little busy recovering, then over-training yesterday, then eating eggs after realizing the calorie deficiency late last night, then discovering those gamme gas/bloating and woke me up after only three hours of sleep. Haha, ah health.

I do, yes. That's also a brilliant idea to use a phone app. I'm slightly apprehensive to install anything on my phone not critically necessary given how finicky and buggy my phone is on several tasks, but I'll certainly try it. Is there a desktop version of that app too?

I don't even understand what you just showed me. Is that a wireless device?

7. John R. Gambit

Hum? Apparently you can export to HTML but it requires a flash card, so I can only assume this means you have to transfer via flash card to flash card reader? If so, how barbaric. Maybe the file conversion to HTML is what requires the flash card and it uses otherwise standard transfer methods of wireless or mini-USB cable. This certainly bears investigation. I'll read through all the reviews but otherwise that app is seemingly perfect Simon, so thank you.

I'd appreciate anyone elses' personal preference for non-phone food diary in case my current critical apps are incompatible or the phone OS is too buggy though.

:)

8. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Fitday and cron-o-meter are popular food diaries. Cron-o-meter even is downloadable to your desktop.