Neck problems

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Skiptowncat, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Skiptowncat

Skiptowncat New Member

Did my first session back on Saturday. Managed to do some specific guard passing work and a couple of light rounds, Feels a bit stiff but pretty good really.

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Great news!!

Skiptowncat likes this.
  3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Woop! Hope you're okay man!

Skiptowncat likes this.
  4. Skiptowncat

Skiptowncat New Member

Quick update:

Been full training now for around 2-3 months, everything is going beautifully and it’s like I was never away.
    Forward and back flexibility is near enough normal, side on can still hurt a bit. I do get the odd twinge when some chokes are applied, so I’m really working hard on not getting my back taken (aren’t we all though)
    Just tapping early, no point in trying to hold on when someone has a rear naked buried in there.

axelb, querist and Dead_pool like this.
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Well done!

6. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

I'm glad that you're able to return to training, but please be careful.

I'm a doctor, but I'm not _your_ doctor. Other posters were correct in saying that those of us who actually are qualified to give medical advice won't give it online in a situation like this. I would advise caution and remind you that if you start feeling pain or numbness running down your arm, stop training and get someone to look at it.

The biggest problem with cervical vertebral fusions is that the lack of motion in the block formed by the two fused vertebrae will cause increased stress on the discs above and below the fusion. Please be careful with anyone doing anything to your neck.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.