Neck, Arm, Leg Pressure Points

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Cougar_v203, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

Where are the Pressure points in the neck, arms, and Leg?
    1.) I'm Looking for ones in the leg that, if hit, would make the person fall down in pain.
    2.) Is there a point in the neck that if you squeeze it, it would hurt and make the person unable to move?
    3.) where are some points in the arm where if you hit it they won't have use of there arms for a while.

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Kind of hard to list them without including pictures, and harder to show them and have the person looking at them know exactly where they are. A good rule of thumb, if you have no one to demonstrate them on you and for you is this: find the points on your body that when pressed, feel good. Now, apply harder pressure to these points. These same "pleasure points" are pressure points and if struck suddenly or with intense pressure or force, will cause pain. Also, good rule of thumb is any joint at the sides and back will contain nerve centers that can incapacitate someone, also, striking between muscle layers or groups (i.e. striking or pinching between bicep and tricep) will cause pain. Experiment on yourself to find the general area of these points, then with a trusted traing partner. Go slowly and carefully and remember, these are only guidelines. You are much better off finding someone who knows them adn can teach them face to face. One last thing.. some pressure points do not work the same one all peopel. The one that will cause you to scream like a little child may only make me look at you and go "What?".

3. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

By the way, where in Maryland are you?

4. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

5. gojutejutsuryu

gojutejutsuryu New Member

Cougar-
    Try the following. BE CAREFUL

1: The femoral artery nerve. (Leg)
    2: The corotid synus. (BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE) (Neck)
    3: Brachial Artery. (Arm)

Kindest regards

MAY THE FORCE ALWAYS BE WITH YOU.

gojutejutsuryu

6. Cougar_v203

I'm in Silver Spring.

7. Joe karate

Joe karate New Member

hit inside the arm by your armpit. Its at the top of your bicep (towards the armpit)
    Just punch it yourself and you will find it.
    It will cause a sensation similar to hitting your "funny bone" but will be felt through the whole arm. And more severe.
    How do you find points? HIT YOURSELF!!!
    That's how I found a few, including that one. Its fun! Just poke around in the fleshy areas of your body and you'll know when you found one.

8. Cougar_v203

damn that feels wierd.
    but for some pressure points don't you have to hit em at an angle?

9. khafra

khafra New Member

If you want to get that deeply into it, you'll have to take up Kyusho, or get in touch with Erle Montaingue, DSI or somebody like that.

10. Stuart Rider

Stuart Rider Valued Member

Pressure Points

Most Pressure points are quite difficult to hit effectively.
    my instructor is a 5th Dan at Atemi-Jutsu and knows over
    300+ pressure points. He says only about 10% are really any good.

Think about it trying to hit a pressure point in the foot is no good if the attacker is wearing shoes.

Also what good is striking a pressure point that will incapacitate your attacker in four hours time when he is trying to
    stab you now. You want something to work there and then.

The Carotoid sinus is an excellent pressure point to strike/manipulate. Get this right and your attacker freezes
    rigid with the pain.

11. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

This isn't a topic I know very much about but, my Hapkido instructor is a 9th Dan and also apparently knows well over 300 pressure points, and is an actupuncturist as well. I can say this much: when he hits the pressure point, the pain is either intense, or the entire limb goes numb.

On the other hand, in many cases the 2nd dans can barely even make it hurt. I suppose the ability to make the pressure points work comes with the territory. I've heard stories of pressure points on the leg and ankle knocking people out, and pressure points on the torso temporarily stunning/paralysing a person from the waist down (enough to make them fall over).

12. Cougar_v203

the carotoid sinus is located...where?

13. Mark Davies

Mark Davies Valued Member

Your carotid sinus is located basically at the pulse point on your neck. It contains the vagus nerve, which is involved in everything from sneezing thru to orgasm. It is also a baro-receptor, telling the brain what blood pressure is doing. Striking this area will have an effect varying from a stun, thru unconciousness, & will cause the heart to stop if destroyed. IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO PLAY AROUND WITH IT, as it can kill you up to seven years later, as the carotid sinus can fragment & cause a massive stroke. Also in the same area is the phrenic nerve, which controls the brains perception of diaphragm function. A strike to the carotid sinus can also inhibit this nerve causing a loss of breath control.

On the arms & legs the motor nerves are the striking area of choice for me. The common outer peronial motor nerve on the outer quadracep about 4 inches above the knee is a man stopper. It's cousin in the belly of the bicep & the tricep will imobilise the arms. The motor nerve allows the limb & the brain to communicate, striking it inhibits the release of acetycholine which stops the communication. If the target isn't drugged, drunk or absolutely crazy on adrenaline it feels like he's giving birth to a cow. I actually knocked someone unconcious with a low turning kick to that target, as the pain was so great it triggered his R.A.S.
    The good thing about motor nerves is tht they don't rely on the subjects perception of pain, they cause a physiological shutdown. Remember, someone who is drunk or high, or just adrenalised doesn't feel pain the way a normal person does.

The best way to access these nerves is with a deep penetrating strike which causes hydrastatic shock thru the muscle tissue.

God that turned into a loooooooong blurb, sorry!!!!!!

14. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Could I ask for a little care in explanation of vital points, lest our junior members choose to experiment with such dangerous things?

Discuss by all means, but keep detailed specifics to PM's between members you are sure are responsible.

15. Cougar_v203

woa! thanks I'll keep that in mind when i'm confronted with a situation.

16. Mark Davies

Awwwww...... ANDY......... i take it that means I'm not allowed to post the blueprint for a tactical nuke I just designed on the back of a postage stamp;)

17. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

This is real bugbear for me, as some of you no doubt already know:(

3 day death touches etc. are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Using the theories of traditional chinese medicine to select vital points to strike? What about the 10% or so of people that are 'non-responders'?

When you use vital points, stick to those which you can repeatedly and reliably effect in a dynamic situation. Spending years studying chinese medicine, with martial artists who have no qualifications in chinese medicine anyway, is an excellent way to waste time and money.

When you look for someone to teach you about using vital points, beware those who teach a load of made-up baloney purely in order to massage their own egos and bank balances.

Speaking as someone who actually does have a qualification in chinese medicine.

Mike

18. Mark Davies

Ahh, music to my ears, someone who has the same pet hate as moi.
    The problem with all the pressure point hocus pocus is that
    a/ 99% of the folks who espouse it have never actually had anyone out of their box on speed trying to knife them.
    b/ How do you access half of them reliably while someones wearing layers of clothes
    c/ Try hitting a series of points with great accuracy when someone is trying to take your head off, in sub standard lighting whilst getting jostled by a crowd.
    I think that the points that don't need great pinpoint accuracy, cause a physiological shutdown, & work instantly are the only ones worth knowing. Better to spend your time understanding the 'normal' vital spots & learning to deliver fast powerful techniques.

19. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Ok, sorry if I came on a little strong.

The Mods have discussed this thread, and wanna let it ride, but let's be responsible ok

Andy

20. Mark Davies

Ah, ok Andy, in that case you need a couple of pounds of plutonium which you have to coat with a thin layer of beryllium, then you need tritium to boost the reaction.........

Well, a nuke sure beats pressure points dunnit!!:D