Nationals Sunday

Discussion in 'Competitors Corner' started by hewho, Jul 14, 2017.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

I've got the BCCMA nationals coming up this Sunday, full contact novices -65kg (currently 1-1) and also giving the wrestling a go! I won't be posting between now and then, but been training fairly hard and feeling good! See you on the other side!

axelb, Mushroom and Mitch like this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Best of luck, hope it goes well!

hewho likes this.
  3. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Good luck.

hewho likes this.
  4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Good Luck! Where is it ?

edit:

Just checked .. Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield. Not far from me actually.

I would attend and watch, but my team are invading east London for the London Pro BJJ comp and I got work as well.

Good Luck and have fun! We expect plenty of photos....

hewho likes this.
  5. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

IMG_1733.JPG

Mushroom and hewho like this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

All the best :) I last competed at that competition 15 years ago, hope you enjoy the experience!:)

7. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Sanda:
    Out of the two fighters in my category, I was the second best ;) Got stopped in the first round, TKO for a nosebleed that didn't stop in time. Was definitely being outclassed, haven't actually been training properly in about a year, just been doing some sparring in the last couple of weeks, so was just looking for a way to get back into it. Had a good time, and hopefully there's going to be a class on a night I'm not working so I'll be back training soon!

Shuai Jiao:
    British lightweight champion! Would have won by default, but was wanted to fight somebody, as I'd never actually done it before, and it wouldn't seem right to accept a medal. One of Sanshou UK's guys came up, he had about 5kg on me, and like me hadn't wrestled this style before. There was a bit of banter about TJJ vs BJJ, as those are our respective grappling styles. Had a bit of time to recover from the bleeding, then it was on! He seemed to have more strength than me in the first round, scoring a couple of area pushes and takedowns. Got a second wind in round two, after getting a single, and pulled it back with some takedowns. Need to work on my grips, and my basing, but overall quite happy, and will look to compete again!

Videos will be up soon I'm hoping! Thanks for the support!