National Martial Arts day

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by KenpoDavid, Aug 29, 2005.

1. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

Here in the US we have this thing called NMAD... A day to promote MA as a way to help under-priveleged kids learn MA and to promote MA in general as good thing.

I sent an e-mail to the Governor of my state, Gov. Heineman, and he has agreed to issue a proclamation aobut how great MA is and how the State of Nebraska supoprts NMAD :) :) And NMAD just happens to fall on the first day of the weekend seminar we are hosting with Prof. Ron Chapel October 15 & 16 2005 in Omaha, Nebraska. You can learn more about NMAD at

http://www.nationalmartialartsday.org/

and more about Ron Chapel at www.chapelomaha.tk

-D

2. Bellator Manus

Bellator Manus Warrior of the Hand

Sweet, Texas should get in on this.

3. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Definitely gonna give the link and info to Sifu. This is something we should all try and do something for, even just open houses on the local level.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Is it that time again?

I tried to get that day off from work last year but the boss just laughed at me ... see Similar Thread below :)

Project Action is one of the charities being considered for the NYC MAP Meet ;)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Illinois should have that day.

6. The Kaiser

The Kaiser New Member

Seconded!

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Contact your Governor:

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich
    Office of the Governor
    State Capitol
    207 Statehouse
    Springfield, IL 62706
    217/782-6830

send sample letter http://www.nationalmartialartsday.org/

8. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

It was even easier thatn that KC!

The Nebraska state gov't website has a page where you can submit applications for proclamations. That's ALL I did!!! took like <5 minutes, I cut and pasted the text from the NMAD website and replaced "your state" with "Nebraska". They called me the next day to invite me to the signing ceremony :)

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Well I'm sure Illinois has the same page for submissions. :) ... very easy!

I am wondering? Do you need to submit a proclamation each year for this?

I don't see any listed for states in 2005 :confused:

10. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I wrote our governors office and their reply was that they had never heard of it before and couldn't take the time to promote something "not beneficial to the entire state".

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'd say that's pretty "cheesey" of them ;)

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Good one!! Wisconsin has sort of a narrow view on whats good for you..... :)