"Naked warrior"; routine structure?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KonGato, Dec 31, 2008.

1. KonGato

KonGato Valued Member

Hi!

Has anyone here read "The Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsatsouline?

I have read that book but I just can't figure out how to structure he daily routines! In the book, Pavel says that one should do several sets, with plenty of rest in between, but it doesn't say whether...

... one should do the sets with hours in between (one set at a time, spreading them throughout the day)

... one should do them right after each other as in a regular workout (i.e. 3-4 minutes of rest beteen the sets)

Please, I have no idea :/

P.S. Happy New Year! :)

2. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

In the general context of training you give yourself a gap of 1 - 2 minutes between each set as a rest period and after you complete your sets you rest at least a day before you begin again.

3. KonGato

KonGato Valued Member

Seems you sir have not read "The Naked Warrior" :)
    His idea is that one trains every day; never to failure, no fatigue, max 5 reps.

For example;
    Monday: 4 reps x 3 sets
    Tuesday: 2 reps x 5 sets
    ... and so on, constantly varying number of reps and sets.

Any ideas on how Pavel intended the routines' structure?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  4. WoodsMen

WoodsMen New Member

Yes train every day, people need to understand how powerfull our ancestors ability in martial arts once where. today is just laziness & lies on tv,web, theres no existence of mother nature we are :bang: trapped behind walls.:bang:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  5. madknight

madknight Valued Member

I have only started reading it so i wouldn't know for sure but what I would assume is that you would evenly space them out over the day and not do them all together. But like I said though, I'm not sure.

6. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I thought the book was quite clear on the GTG structure, the idea that you are ‘practicing strength’ rather than developing it. GTG is not a ‘structured routine of sets’ as you’d classically understand. You should only be doing 2 exercises using this method and never doing more than 5 reps. Using this structure you could do 3 reps each side of one arm press up or pistol squat once an hour (so long as you are always ‘feeling fresh’). GTG is something that should be incorporated into your daily routine if you are to take it seriously.

Personally every time I go down the stairs of my house I do 3 one arm press ups on the steps, every month I move down one step so that by March I’ll be doing them on the floor. The idea is that it’s not hard and it becomes easier over the month. If I’m cleaning the house, I’m running up and down the stairs some times 3/4 times in 5 minutes so I don’t do the press ups in this instance as it would be too much.

Every time I use the toilet at work I use the disabled loo so that I can do 3 pistols each time I go (you can use the toilet seat to do box pistols).

I don’t believe that GTG was intended to be used as a hard and fast routine, more it’s something to be incorporated into your lifestyle.