Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Monday 21.12.20

Online Taiji
    This time, as a continuation from the last two weeks when we had the in-person classes, the Monday online classes are taught by instructor L. I consider her a friend, yet I have never had a class with her before! I was looking forward to discover how it would be. We started with the usual and did 5 forms to 4 directions twice. Once with her exercising with us, second time with the instructor watching. As soon as we finished, she said that a common problem of us was not turning while shifting weight. Oooh, I thought that since the head teacher wasn't here today, it may be one training where I actually don't hear about me turning the hips wrong. Yet, I was taken from that dream, soon. Especially when the instructor inished: Ok, Martina? That was mostly for you. :( I will never get rid of that habit, dammit!
    When we continued, practicing the 6th and the start of the 7th form (this is a slightly less advanced group than my usual trainings), I got several more corrections. Athough L distributed the corrections more evenly, it still felt like I might have gotten the most, although only slightly. With our techer, it sometimes tends to be 4 corrections out of 5 in total directed towards me.... I am pretty sure I am not imagining it. Other than me getting further frustrated after my hopes of this being a bit more relaxed class for me were shattered, the class was really nice.

olar results:
    Time: 1:01
    Max HR: 101
    Average HR: 127
    Training benefit: Recovery training
    Kcal: 288
    Fat burn: 56%

2. Nachi

Tuesday 22.12.20

Bike ride

To make it for the Garmin challenges we planned to do a short, around 20 km ride either today or tommorrow. Sett was still at work today, but tommorrow it is supposed to rain whole day, so we went as soon as Sett came home, a little after 3 pm. Rode an easy rode, but a bit faster than usual. Finished at 21 km. I was quite tired form the faster pace and was a bit worried how I'd do at the karate online training that is theoretically supposed to start in an hour and a half. In the end, sensei was too busy, though, so the class was cancelled. I was happy we went for the bike ride, then! :)

Along Vltava
    Time: 1:08 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 21.73 km
    Average speed: 19.1 km/h
    Ascent: 65 m
    Descent: 75 m
    Max speed: 33,7 km/h
    Max HR: 165
    Average HR: 144
    Training benefit: Steady State training+
    Kcal: 632
    Fat burn: 28%
    Training load: Demanding, recovery: 18h

3. Nachi

Wednesday 23.12.

Online Qi Gong
    The Taiji school made an open class to try Qi Gong and meditation online. It was nice and relaxing, with the teachers explanations.

Online Taiji
    A couple hours later there was our regular Wednesday online Taiji class. We were again working on the 17th form the whole class.

olar results:
    Time: 0:52
    Max HR: 131
    Average HR: 109
    Training benefit: Basictraining
    Kcal: 310
    Fat burn: 48%

4. Nachi

Christmas Day 24.12.

I think it might be different for some people here, but 24th is our main Christmas celebration day. We have a traditionla dinner and then give the presents.

In the morning Sett and I went for a walk. Along the river and I checked the birds there. We walked some 4 km.
    Later we went to Sett's parents for the whole afternoon and dinner, talked, exchanged presents and only got home rather late. We decided to go there via public transport so Sett doesn't have to drive and can drink some wine for once, too. His dad and I always drink around 2-3 bottles and... I think it is time he enjoyed the wine as well. I always swear I won't drink that much next time, but....
    Today we had three bottles as well, but one was slightly smaller and there were three of us, so that was great.
    We got home late as the daytime public transport ends running at around 6 pm on Christmas day and we had to take soem night lines and it took us time. At home we exchanged presents among us.

5. Nachi

Bike Ride
    Today, I was planning to do a wuick bike ride according to my schedule to finish the 200 km challenge from 20th to 31th December. We were planning to visit my parents for lunch, so we had to be quick. There was a likelihood it would rain, but while it made my dad a bit afraid and he decided not to go for once, Sett didn't have that much of a choice O:)
    We planned to ride some 30 km. It started raining when we were 10 km along. We brought rain jackets, but still got very muddy and Sett didn't seem all too happy about this trip.

Slatina
    Time: 1:58 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 31.18 km
    Average speed: 15.7 km/h
    Ascent: 145 m
    Descent: 150 m
    Max speed: 333.3 km/h
    Max HR: 168
    Average HR: 135
    Kcal: 983
    Fat burn: 38%
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 4h

We returned, quickly cleaned our bikes and bagpacks, everything we had on the bike, took a shower and went to my parents. There we had a good time as well. This time we somehow finished five bottles of wine with my mum only drinking like two glasses and the rest being finished by the three on us. My dad and Sett each drank a bottle of beer on top of it. Luckily I do not like beer. Twice during the evening, my mum said she had strange pain near her heart and an uncomfortable feeling in her left arm. She seemed generally lively and ok, but this was a problem. It sounded an awful lot like a heart attack to me. I wanted to call her an ambulance just to check her in case it really was something with her heart, but she was against it. When it happened for the second time and my dad checked her heart pressure, which was very high, she didn't resist me calling an ambulance much anymore. Her heart pressure is usually quite low compared to normal and now it was very high all of a sudden. The ambulance arrived quick, did and EKG and everything seemed fine, but they took my mum to a nearby hospital for blood tests as her pressure was still very high. Since the hospital is lke 10 mins by walking, we were waiting for her to let us know and we'd go pick her up as none of us could drive currently. In the end, though, it looked like she'd be there until late and we went home. They drove her back by ambulance at around 3.30 am. The test came out ok except for the heart pressure and a lack of K. She will go through some additional check ups, but I am glad she was ok and her heart was fine. That was quite an unexpected event today. Probably the first time I called an ambulance, too.

As a cure for the wine, I drank two glasses of milk and woke up fine the next day. Sett and my dad have it a bit worse, though. I had to laugh that this is my family's "revenge" for all the wine I always have to drink with his dad, hahaha :D

Mitch likes this.
  6. Nachi

I fell behind with my logging!

Saturday 26.12.
    We only went for a walk - a bit over 5, maybe 6 km.

Sunday 27.12.
    Sett and I went to a cottage of their family with a couple of Sett’s friends to stay for the next week. We actually brought our bikes to make a few trips, too.

Online Taiji - instructors
    I wanted to make it to the online Taiji classes as.I was supposed to go to Talavan on 31st, but since we are in a bad covidshape, everything was cancelled.
    Today I logged in through Sett’s notebook and webcam since I only brought Ipad with me and it can’t be connected to the TV and webcam. Therefore I logged under his name just in time to hear the teacher saying: “Ah, I was hoping Nachi would be here since R (another friend, only one less advanced than me) isn’t here and I thought we could practice the forms Nachi is learning.” Luckily, I arrived just in time! There were only 4-5 people and 3 with camera, plus the teacher.
    We did work on the forms I am learning and the teacher was a bit rougher with how he put our mistakes. I got so many corrections again... And still about how I move my hips. I just can’t figure it out and feel bad about it. But at the same time, I haven’t been able to find time to really practice by myself lately.

Time: 1:17
    Max HR: 128
    Average HR: 100
    Kcal: 338
    Fat burn: 59%

7. Nachi

Monday 28th Decemeber

Today we originally planned the first bike trip, but it was really windy, so we decided to postpone it. Tommorrow the weather should be better.

In the afternoon we only went for a walk - roughly 5 km. The wind was terrible, it was so cold! But the landscape was pretty.

Online Taiji
    Today I tried only via my Ipad. The camera didn’t show much more than from my waist up, if I was close to the camera. Generally there wasn’t much to be seen from me, but the teacher still corrected everything he could actually see.

Time: 0:51
    Max HR: 113
    Average HR: 97
    Kcal: 209
    Fat burn: 61%

8. Nachi

Tuesday December 29th

Bike ride
    Today we planned the first trip. As per the Garmin challenge for a nice digital badge and a couple point we have yet to ride around 75 km till the end of the year. Today we planned to drive our bikes a bit further to Veselí nad Lužnicí where there are a lot of ponds and potential birds to watch. Also no hills at all.
    Sett and I invited the friends at the cottage with us to join. One was up for it and we found an older bike here and the guys worked on it for a while until it was more or less ready to go. This friend - J - just got Garmin watch and was discovering the badges, challenges, etc. To make it fun, I made a challenge to him - which one of us covers more distance on bike from today till the end of the year. And he was up to it right away.
    We planned to ride for 38 km today, but it ended up being 44 km. Today was a beautiful day. Clear sky, sunny, plenty of people outside (not much else to do anyway) and it it wasn’t for the ice everywhere and the frozen ponds, I would have thought it was a nice summer day. I thoroughly enjoyed myself today. Only the beginning when we rode on a wet, or rather, now an icy meadow and frozen mud in the forest, was a bit challenging.
    We made a stop for a lunch at a bench we rode by. I brought my mum’s Christmas carp soup and it was still very warm in my thermo box. We also stopped to watch birds at several places, met the winter flocks of geese, but I didn’t have time to thoroughly search through them...

Veselí nad Lužnicí - ponds
    Time: 2:37 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 44.00 km
    Average speed: 16.8 km/h
    Ascent: 30 m :D
    Descent: 55 m
    Max speed: 28.0 km/h
    Max HR: 156
    Average HR: 133
    Kcal: 1264
    Fat burn: 42%
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 13h

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mitch likes this.
  9. Nachi

Wednesday December 30th

Bike ride
    We had some 33 km left for the challenge. Our friend J is probably a faster rider than me, but he hadn't ridden a bike for a few years before yesterday, so he said he'd go with us again, but would prefer two 20 km rides or something instead of the 44 km one I prepared. We decided we only need less km and can do it in two more days, but prepared a 28 km ride at least. We again rode through some frozen mud terrain, but not that long. Again made a stop for a lunch (my hot fish soup) and stopped by a stately home Červená Lhota. The place was closed due to covid (or maybe winter in general) and the water channel that surrounds it was very low on water and the remainder was frozen, except for a small stream. A stream where a kingfisher was hunting tiny fish, quite successfully it seemed. Sett wsa finally able to take a picture of a kingfisher. It always flew away before we had a chance before.
    At the end of the ride we prolonged it a little, and it took 30 km. Because of this, however, we still have to ride some measly 3 km tommorrow. I'd prefer to finish today, but whatever.

Bořetín
    Time: 1:55 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 30,85 km
    Average speed: 15.9 km/h
    Ascent: 280 m :D
    Descent: 305 m
    Max speed: 42.6 km/h
    Max HR: 165
    Average HR: 134
    Kcal: 948
    Fat burn: 38%
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 3h

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Online Taiji

In the evening there was last Online Taiji training of this year. This time I borrowed a notebook to use with a webcam and a TV we had at the cottage. Like this the guys behind me were visible, but they got used to it. This training we unexpectedly nearly straight away moved to learning the next form. I got several corrections and in the second half of the training, the last remaning friend arrived with groceries and everything got really busy behind me, and the tomcat that is always ready to sneak in snuck in and I had to watch where I was stepping while practicing in the middle of everything. The teacher understood and only gave me tips on what to practice when things calm down...

Time: 0:54
    Max HR: 126
    Average HR: 106
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 299
    Fat burn: 52%

Mitch likes this.
  10. Nachi

Thursday December 31st

I challenged a friend who went with us for the bike which one of us can ride longer distance till the end of the year. His GPS measurements have given him like a 1 km more and he seems to be taking the challenge surprisingly seriously, even loggin in a ride across the garden. And if he's taking it this seriously, well, even if he isn't .... there is just no way I'd let him easily win my own challenge!
    Since we all were drinking last night (I was trying to not cross my limit and only had most of the wine bottle and perhaps a couple of shots), and I went to bed the earliest, I was pretty sure everyone would be sleeping in the morning if I get up before sunrise, sneak out across the creaking floor, grab my bike and go for a short ride. I was correct. I rode just randomly before looking at a map to find my way back and rode for some 11 km. I enjoyed the ride tremendously, though! It was frosty (the temperature was around -4°C), everything was quiet, no people around and the sun was slowly rising in the clear sky, opposite to the almost full moon. It was wonderful. I spent more time taking pictures than actually riding... I found out my phone seems to have a rather nice cametra! I've had it for over three months now, but haven't really tried much....

Bořetín
    Time: 0:49 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 11.57 km
    Average speed: 13.9 km/h
    Ascent: 125 m
    Descent: 135 m
    Max speed: 37.8 km/h
    Max HR: 158
    Average HR: 130
    Training benefit: Steady State & Basic training
    Kcal: 384
    Fat burn: 35%
    Training load: Reasonable, recovery: 8h

When I returned at 9 am, I saw no smoke rising from the chimney and was fairly sure the guys haven't gotten up, yet. I silently put my bike back, but one of the guys was outside and saw me, but I silenced him with: "Shhhh!" J, whom I wanted to win the challenge over was still sound asleep. I went in, started the fire in the stove, ate a breakfast and acted like nothing has ever happened O:) Everyone seemed to feel the alcohol from yesterday and so it took time for Sett to feel fresh enough to go for the tiny ride we needed to finish the Garmin challenge. Of course, I went, too, and J as well. He wasn't doing the Garmin challenge, but obviously, didn't want to lose to me. We rode for some 6,5 km before returning for lunch.

When I synced my trainings with Garmin in the afternoon (I issued the challenge through Garmin) and J found out later, he seemed a bit more upset than expected and actually started thinking how he could still cathc up if he went out now. It was dark already, though, and he had no light, but he seemed he didn't mind. I, however, assured him that he won't be able to sneak past me and he gave up. Although probabbly more due to the fact that he was drinking and playing games with the others now. Phew.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mitch and Jaydub like this.
  11. Nachi

Morning bike ride
    I really enjoyed my morning ride yesterday, so I went again, today. I planned a route today, though. The weather and the feeling from the ride was very similar to yesterday. I took many pictures again. No people anywhere. When I was just about to enter a forest, I met a female elk. She stared at me from a distance of maybe 100 m for quite a while. I was irritated that my glasses and my binocular I had with me to watch birds got foggy as soon as I stopped. Before then cleared, the elk decided I wasn't interesting enough and walked away. What a nice encounter, though!
    I had some trouble finding the correct path in the forrest and ended up having to push my bike up a snowy, grassy and quite a steep slope. I took a wrong turn, but found my way soon after exiting the forrest. I had a nice downhill ride, there, too, although I was careful due to frost, snow, me wearing a thick hat instead of a helmet today and just being alone somewhere in a forest in general.
    It was around -4.4°C today, giving the land a nice frostly sheen.

Bořetín
    Time: 1:12 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 14.79km
    Average speed: 12.2 km/h
    Ascent: 165 m
    Descent: 180 m
    Max speed: 34.8 km/h
    Max HR: 157
    Average HR: 127
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 532
    Fat burn: 40%
    Training load: Reasonable, recovery: 11h

When I returned the guys were already up. I hurried to eat something, but before I did, my dad arrived as promised and we went for a birdwatching walk around. We walked some 7 km, getting a little disoriented in a different forest... After a lunch together, my dad and I drove away to the ponds we visited a few days ago for birdwatching and then he took me back to Prague.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for my new bike, I bought it in September and rode around 920 km on it since then. Plus around 250 km on my older bike before that and I managed to cross the 1000 km last year! Next year I should do better, though!

12. Nachi

January 2nd 2021

Only went for a walk with my parents, for some 8 km.

January 3rd

Went birdwatching with my dad, not even much walking done.

In the evening there was:
    We talked and practice the 15th form as one instructor asked about it. Lated we worked on the 6th as that was form known by everyone. I got several corrections on this one (not all of them today), which I found almost contradictory. If I did one thing, it would make me do the second thing even worse and the 3rd thing impossible, etc. I discovered that after a few times trying, so when there was an opportunity to ask, I did. I got it explained more thoroughy, how to go about it and it felt much better, then. Still, plenty of work on it!

After that there was a general Sunday lecture with the topic about how Taiji can improve heatlh today.

Time: 0:40
    Max HR: 92
    Average HR: 134
    Kcal: 134
    Fat burn: 64%

13. Nachi

Monday January 4th

Online Taiji
    Today with a group that is learning the 7th form. They got a bit stuck with this one and the one before that. We still only did the middle part of the 2nd form today. Today was a special day. There was a lot of people today and... I wasn't mentioned even once! Usually I get quite a few corrections, but today, I was ignored - in a sense not getting anything corrected specifically. That was until the very last try of the form, when the teacher noticed my headd inclines too much and let me know. I didn't notice I was doing that. Anyway, there is plenty I should work on in these two forms.

Time: 0:56
    Max HR: 107
    Average HR: 125
    Kcal: 314
    Fat burn: 48%

14. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

The kingfisher is the subject of one of my favourite poems, As Kingfishers Catch Fire

As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame;
    As tumbled over rim in roundy wells
    Stones ring; like each tucked string tells, each hung bell's
    Bow swung finds tongue to fling out broad its name;
    Each mortal thing does one thing and the same:
    Deals out that being indoors each one dwells;
    Selves — goes itself; myself it speaks and spells,
    Crying Whát I dó is me: for that I came.

I say móre: the just man justices;
    Keeps grace: thát keeps all his goings graces;
    Acts in God's eye what in God's eye he is —
    Chríst — for Christ plays in ten thousand places,
    Lovely in limbs, and lovely in eyes not his
    To the Father through the features of men's faces.

The first verse tells us that every thing in the world expresses itself in what it does. Kingfishers, "catch fire," a beautiful metaphor for their darting, metallic movement. A stone dropped down a well rings from the impact with the side, and a bell swung flings out its sound. Each of these expressions is the meaning of, the essence of the thing. "What I do is me: for that I came." Their actions embody their true selves.

The second argues that a human can embody Christ, (he references Christ because the author was a Jesuit Priest), by acting in a similar way. "The just man justices," ie the just person applies justice in all their dealings.

The last few lines are what might have got the poet in trouble; in God's eye the just person is Christ, Christ is everywhere, revealed in the mortal through actions and deeds and appearance. We all have the divine within us, because "Christ plays in ten thousand places," and is revealed through our limbs, eyes and faces.

Now, I'm a devout atheist, so for me the religious overtones are irrelevant. But the point about our actions defining ourselves is something every martial artist should feel. We speak and spell ourselves through what we do.

I say more: Nachi trains :)

Nachi likes this.
  15. Nachi

Thank you for the explanation of the poem! Although I consider my English is quite ok, poetry is, well, somewhat hard...
    With your explanations it makes more sense and I like the ideas behind (I am an atheist as well, but I still like the idea). Thank you for sharing it :)

Haha, yes, thank you! :D That is probably something people on MAP have in common :)

Mitch likes this.
  16. Nachi

Tuesday: Rest day :(

Was planning something, but didn't find time.

Wednesday 6.1.

Online Taiji
    Last lesson we learnt a new form - a rather short a relatively easy one, but surprisingly still we started with the next one today. We learned the basic patterns of movement for this form so that we can practice at home, and next time we'll learn what the form actually looks like, I suppose.
    Unfortunately, the teacher explained the steps in several ways, which I found somewhat contradictory again... I will have to try and figure out some kind of compromise, I guess.

Our lockdown was, as expected, prolonged and might get even stricter, they say. We are breaking records again. I just read some statisctics that covid-wise, our country is the 6th worst in the world, provided the 5 worse countries are the tiny European countries all with less then million people, so it is easy for them to have a high percentage of positive people with only a few places where the illness spreads.
    It is sad. It would be best if the lockdown was put in place as it should, but people are getting tired of the restrictions. To be honest, I am a bit, as well, but with the exception of holidays when I met three people (two of whom were already cured of Covid and therefore hopefully immune for some time), I am really not going anywhere. I am afraid the lockdown won't be lifted until spring. Well, at least if the government and people were clever, it wouldn't.
    I wish the vaccination could be done faster. At this rate, young, healthy people like me should be able to get vaccinated sometime in summer...

axelb likes this.
  17. Nachi

Thursday 7.1.

Today there was supposed to be the first online karate class after the holidays, but sensei asked the rest of us, who can teach, if someone can take it, he won't make it. Well, I counted on him, though and by this time I would not make it. Therefore the class was cancelled. In the end, even if someone taught it, I would not participate, as I then got a headache starting early in the afternoon till the evening. But there was at least:

Online Qi Gong:

Our Taiji teacher made one of the online classes a Qi Gong one open for everyone, not intended to really learn anything, but to relax and to be, to meditate and meet online together. With my headache today I was thinking if I was in the mood or not. But if something can help and can be done with headache, it is probably Qi Gong. Meditating and just calming down and not focusing on anything went really well today, as I was too tired to think about anything etc. We did a meditation bouth both sitting and standing. It was very comfortable and my head stopped aching for the while. Until I moved from the position, that is.

This week was really low on activity. I am looking forward to my weekend bike ride. The snow is even still there! It will be nice! Howeve, Sett has started to try to talk me out of it. As it is cold, we may catch cold, and the most nagging argument of them all: there will be salt on the roads and it won't be good for the bikes. Well, that got to me a bit. But I am seriously itching to go. At least for a bit. Hopefully the cycling roads may not have much salt there...

18. Nachi

Friday, Saturday - total rest day.
    On Friday, I still had a headache, on Saturday, I at least tried a meditation session.

Sunday 10.1.
    Ha, the day of my bike trip was finally here! Sett did not seem happy about it at all - it is melting snow outside, mud everywhere, cold, etc. But although I did tell him he doesn't have to accompany me, he probably felt like either both of us go, or none. He was no doubt hoping for the "none" version, but...
    Unfortunately, I got a call from my dad on Saturday evening. He was going along the same lines as Sett - mug, cold,.... but, he asked if I was going birdwatching with him, that he's going anyway. Aaaah, I really wanted to go, too. Sett had a wide smile when I told him a bit sulky that my dad wants to go birdwatching tommorrow, but! I made a nice compromise. Get up early, go birdwatching till lunch and still have time for a shorter bike trip in the afternoon, only on roads without mud. Sett seemed in a good mood, although he did hope my dad would distract me for longer than till lunch. Too bad, hmph!

Bike ride
    After I returned from the birdwatching trip, I prepared lunch, while Sett was preparing the bikes and we took off shortly after 1 pm. I dressed a little lighter today, so I was a little cold, but nothing terrible. Otherwise I had a good day, I was able to ride a bit faster than usual. I have good and bad days in this, sometimes my legs are just stiff, sometimes, they work nice!
    We rode 28 km, with a break in the middle. Since it was such a short ride, I only took my binoculars and a tiny bag, no backpack. And therefore no tea and biscuits or anything. Unlike Sett. He couldn't find his coffe thermos, so I thought no breaks, but he found it when I was already outside, so in the middle of the trip we sat down for coffee, I had nothing, though (and hate coffee), so I was just getting uncomfortably cold. There was quite a lot of people through the whole road. Everyone was walking, running, skating, cycling, playing football, foot volleyball or playing whatever, you name it. Whn we finished the break and were finally about to take off, there were two guys and a group of people not too far away and from all around, suddenly, I could smell the sweet spicy scent of mulled wine. So I went: "Oh, wow, I smell mulled wine!" "They must be selling mulled wine somewhere around here!" One of the men smiled and said the little pub - one of those popping around the cycling road (there are plenty on this one) - near the road was open (well they all can legally only sell through a window. I thought it was the closest one to us, but it seemed close, but the group nearby already heard about my struggle and pointed me to the right direction. Haha, a hot drink for me, too!

Klecánky
    Time: 1:28 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 28,69 km
    Average speed: 19,4 km/h
    Ascent: 65 m
    Descent: 55m
    Max speed: 33,6 km/h
    Max HR: 174
    Average HR: 145 (yeah, I was around 150 most of the time..., but didn't have to breath too fast)
    Training benefit: Tempo training +
    Kcal: 828
    Fat burn: 29%
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 10h

When we returned, I showered and went to cook my lunches for the next week, quickly, When I left the sweet potatoes cooking, I prepared something simple for dinner, we ate it, I mixed the potatoes with the meat etc. and had around 5 mins. to get changed, bring my tablet to the TV and prepare for the online training. When cooking I realised my legs were rather tired and I was tired in general. Well, I was riding with more effort than usual, so I hoped that in today's class there will be some talking, not exercising all 90 mins. And I definitely hoped we won't be practising the form I started learning last time. As I haven't really practised, yet, and didn't want the teacher to find out. But since there are several people in the instructor class, most of whom already know the whole form and one slightly more advanced than me, and a friend slightly less advanced. We did practise the forms theat I just learned a few times, but not the ones I just started learning but didn't know, yet. So I felt save. The form we justs started learning with my group of my level was Stepping Back and Wrapping Upper Arms. We only learned more or less the principle of the steps ther and the motion of the arms, but both separately as a separate technique.

I arrived late to the training, by maybe 7 mins. Thus far, there were only two of the advanced instructors and the friend, who is a bit behind me when it comes to number of forms, was jsut connecting, too. The teacher just asked the two advanced instructors to do the whole cannon fist form. - The later part of the 108 forms, which if quite far from where I am. I didn't mind watching and seeing what it looks like, so I sat down, relaxing my stiff legs. The moment I did, I heard the teacher: " Come, on, Nachi, you won't just sit and watch, will you?" Come and do the forms you know. You know what? Show me the Stepping Back and Wrapping Upper Arms. .... o_O No waaaay! The teacher must have read my fears! Sett was laughing to me to the side.
    I did get into the stance, not even sure what the last stance before the form was... but the teacher told me to start perhaps from the 15th form. I hate when I am suddenly thrown into some form without any worm-up or mental preparation. And the newest forms on top of that, not mentioning the teacher wanted to see the form I only should have practised the parts of (though I haven't) and I still had no idea how the form was looking when the parts were put together. So I kind of finished just before it, appologizing I just do not know it. So from that point on, the whole class was about learning the Stepping Back and Wrapping Upper Arms. Sett, sitting at his computer off the camera was having a good time. Was this karma - for dragging him to the bike ride?

On the other hand, though, the teacher provided a lot of information on every motion in the form, maybe except from how it starts from the previous one and the breathing. But for the first half, we were (well, I was) learning the steps nad the second we practiced what the arms do. The teacher said this was a good form for the advanced ones to practise, too, as it is tricky and the same principle of motions appears throughout the form and isn't the easiest. I did grasp it, in theory now learned everything needed, but to put everything together when there are so many things to focus on. Well, the class was great, I had to note everything down right away.
    The last 15 mins were the teacher mostly talking and demonstrating some stuff and I had a good laugh, too. I really enjoyed today's class, as it was very informative, also the form aimed at me and was generally nice. I am jsut quite tired after everything today...

Time: 1:21
    Max HR: 124
    Average HR: 108
    Kcal: 486 (wow, must have been because of how tired I was frmo the bike). I love how the HR monitor can discover everything. There were no low stances today so physically, the training wasn't tiring at all, yet I obviously put in more effort than usual.
    Fat burn: 51%

19. Nachi

Monday 11.1.

My head hurt a bit today again, so I took long to finish my work, and didn't do much today, but I went for the

Online Taiji
    Today the training is of the group learning the 7th form. We worked a bit on the 6th, then the 7th, too, and finally the teacher explained the whole form. To learn these two forms, this group took really long - like over three month... Looks like some groups are progressing slowly, some, like mine, realtively fast. I wonder if the teacher wants to merge a few groups so he's trying to mathc what they are learning. Like there are three groups, all on Monday, learning between 4th and 7th form. So I guess merging them into one bigger would make sense.
    I didn't get many corrections today, probably just one, but it was a very good practice for me, to refresha all the things I should focus on in this form. I tried to keep my stances lower than usual on our slippery floor. I bought anti-slip socks, hahaha :D But they do not work 100%. When I sweat, my feet can still suddenly slip to the side throwing me off balance. I am really looking forward to the gyms opening, although it son't be anytime soon for sure. Worst case not until sometime in spring... This covid is starting to be really annoying :(

Time: 0:58
    Max HR: 132
    Average HR: 110
    Kcal: 346
    Fat burn: 47%

20. Nachi

Tuesday 12.1.

Online karate
    First karate training this year. Sensei V from a sister dojo was teaching today. There were around 7 or 8 people in the adult class (one would expect more, but...) and we practised basicn techniques and combinations from San Dan Gi San, Shi, Go.

Time: 1:05
    Max HR: 163
    Average HR: 126
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 461
    Fat burn: 36%