Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

We have a national holiday this Tuesday, so I am spending four days out of the city at our family's cottage/summer house or whatever you call it :)
    I also need to work from here, we went birdwatching yesterday and so not much time is left for exercising. And I thought I can take this time to rest completely, with the exeption of a walk every day. Unfortunately for the lack of exercise and barbecues planned, my diet here won't be the best :D I hope it won't matter much.

This is about my typical food log here:

Breakfast
    - Mug cake with white yogurt and strawberries + black tea with milk

Snacks sometime throughout the day
    - Around 100 g of my blueberry cheesecake
    - Ice cream
    - Maybe a yogurt
    - Matcha with milk
    - Black or green tea

Lunch
    - Cauliflower soup with a slice of roasted wholemeal rye bread

Snack
    - Hopefully I'll have time to make my whey smoothie

Dinner
    - Grilled chicken breast, eggplant, red bell pepper, zucchini, corn, at least one day also pineapple
    - A glass or two of red wine

Rough daily intake is probably 2000 kcal or more :O

axelb likes this.
  2. Nachi

Wednesday 2.5.

Karate class at faculty:
    Sensei didn't arrive, but luckily sent another sensei, who doesn't come to the dojo often :) Sensei was inside, but all the students felt shy or what, basically no one came in until I called them. They were looking who the new guy is and one girl came to ask if the usual sensei is absent again with a strange look. I said it seems that way and it turned out what she actually meant that she wanted to know if the class will be as terrible or difficult as I made them previously, hinting that she would like to keep some strenght to actually walk home... What is this? :D :D :D
    Today's sensei didn't make the class too difficult in the end, I'd say. On the other hand this same girl came to ask abou thow long I've been doing karate and wanted to know about our dojo as she might want to join :)

- Game of tag for a warm-up
    - Warm-up II: Sit in seiza against partner nd try to turn each other on their back. My first partner was my muai thai a bjj friend and a former cage fighter. The only luck I had was that he's smaller and I actually won, ahahahaha :D (where's the devil emoticon?) My second partner was sensei, who may be of a similar weight to me. We fought hard, I mostly defended and then he pulled one quick move I was on guard agains, but he won... to suddenly :eek: (Hey, where's the crying face?). My last partner was one girl, whom I've taked down in like three seconds, but when I told her she needs to defend and work with her center of gravity, she struggled much better! :)
    - Some sitting in seiza against each other and trying to hit each other's belly. Three rounds, too.

- Junbi Undo led by me (I totally knew sensei would be lazy :D)
    - Then we did slapping game and partner drills. I was paired with sensei and we always only demonstrated then helped the others, so not much exersice for me.
    - A few push-ups (including trying to make them in a chain, which didn't really work, as I thought :D , also 20 V-ups and 20 squats
    - 130 squats in a circle holding each ather around shoulders

- Despite me not really exercising for a big part of the training it seems I burned quite a lot, but I still wonder how :eek:
    Polar results:
    Time: 1:29
    Max HR: 177
    Average HR: 120
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 563
    Fat burn: 30 %

Breakfast
    - Rice porridge with whey, dried fruit, cinnamon, banana and apple
    - black Sri Lankan tea with milk
    - 308 kcal

Snacks sometime throughout the day
    - Whey smoothie with banana, strawberries and orange juice
    - Chocolate biscuit
    - Sweetened cottage cheese dessert :oops:
    - Fitness bar (I was always hungry and sugar-craving as I usually am in the morning :D
    - Green tea
    - 667 kcal

Lunch
    - Cauliflower soup with a slice and a half of roasted wholemeal rye bread
    - roughly 350 kcal

Snack
    - Chia shake with 250 ml milk and 250 ml water
    - 270 kcal

Dinner
    - Slice of homemade whey bread with liver paste, spring onion and a handful of radishes
    - Green tea
    - Matcha with milk
    - 490 kcal

Daily intake: 2090 kcal, net 1318 kcal - within tolerance I'd say :D

Travess and axelb like this.
  3. Nachi

Thursday 3.5.18

Karate Kids:
    Game of tag, Junbi Undo led by one kid who wanted it and I thought I'll choose a volunteer today, some fighting (generally get your opponent on their back), bůocks in pairs, some work-out.

Karate adults:
    Sensei was here! And on time! :O
    - Footwork
    - Junbi Undo + some work-out
    - Ippon kumite
    - Oyo ippon kumite
    - Renzoku kumite Gekisai Dai Ichi, Ni and Saifa
    - Kata Gekisai Dai Ichi, Ni, Saifa, Seiyunchin and Shisochin once

- A friend and student of our dojo now working on his PhD in Cambridge came to visit and train! :) What a surprise :) And nice to see him. I talked to him a bit after training.

Polar results:
    Time: 3:21
    Max HR: 159
    Average HR: 101
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 815
    Fat burn: 51 %

Foodlog is pretty much the same as yesterday, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As for the snacks in between... I baked a rhubarb cake and... you can imagine :D

Intake: Approx. 1900 kcal, net 839 kcal (better than what I'd expect!) Maybe I had more cake.... :D

Morik, axelb and Travess like this.
  4. Nachi

Friday 4.5.

CrossFit:
    - Warm-up: 3 rounds of 30 jumping jacks, 10 down-ups with a ball (10 lbs), 20 arm raises in a plank
    - A short stretching

- 3x5 windmills per side - we were told to grab a lighter kettlebell so I went with the crowd and took 8 kg one. Instructor mentioned we can take a heavier one later, which I did (12 kg) as I quite like this exercise, I am quite flexible in this way, so it feels easy and also like there is little point to it with only 8 kg.

- Push-press
    - first with bar only (I think I got the throwing up - well this sounds bad in English, but literally throwing the bar up - instructor said "Great!" ^^ One thing with the barbell I can probably do quite well. Must be because I tend to replace all the jerks with push-presses anyway and honestly I don't really care much until someone notices XD )
    - Then 6 rounds of 5 reps, increasing weight every couple of rounds. So I went with 30 kg, then 40 kg, 45 kg for the last two. It wouldn't be that bad if my wrists didn't hurt especially while putting the barbell back down where I carry the weight on my bent wrists and it... hurts. Actually I have a bad feeling the wrists get slightly worse and worse lately :(

- 10-min EMOM - alternating two exercises: 30s holding a handstand by the wall, facing it, and 10 ring rows

- WoD:
    - 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 power cleans with 30 kg for women (55 kg for men, who tried to complain and mutter something about emancipation, but to no avail :D )
    - after each of those sets, 40 m farmers walk - with two 20 kg kettlebells (for women, men had 28)

- I thought the WoD would be nasty as I usually struggle with farmer's walk and my wrists were already hurting and both these exercises, well, mostly the farmer's walk were potential aggravators. I was thinking about asking the instructor if I can switch to something elso or at least lighter if it hurts, but decided to worry about it if it hurts. And it didn't :) As much as I worried about a nasty work-out, it fit me actually pretty well (instructor came to ask if I was finished and how it went and observed that this work-out should suit me as I am more of a streght type. Which he is probably correct about. And it's cool he noticed. ...despite him still not remembering my name :mad:, which I point out every single class, but he always forgets. Last time he remembered, but all it lost again :D
    Anyway, I finished first togeter with one guy. And we had I think second best time overall so far. I finished at 4:40.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:09
    Max HR: 180
    Average HR: 131
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 528
    Fat burn: 33 %

axelb and Travess like this.
  5. Nachi

This Tuesday we had a national holiday so I spent the prolonged weekend at my boyfriend's cottage with a few of his friends. I was doing my work also and battling my allergy, which was, however, much better than expected. I took the opportunity to visit my relatives living not far away, too.
    We had several barbeques and ate a lot of crisps and cakes and generally all the unhealthy stuff (so I at least made sure there was plenty of veggies to go with the barbecued meat :D). My diet was so horrible I did not even dare to log it into my app, so you will have to be satisfied with my claim that it truly was horrible without me detailing it out :D I think a slim week is coming :D
    I didn't do any activity at all (which is terrible). I planned walks at least, but there wasn't that much time, and toward the end, when there was some, I was really, like really tired the whole day despite sleeping lots, maybe due to allergy or some sickness which took down a couple of people in the end.
    To say something positive, my visit to my relatives left me with aloe vera plant and 5 chilli pepper plants from my cousin, who likes growing them and had several extras. I don't have much space for any more plants, but he wouldn't take a no for an answer and so I just have to trust him that the chillis he gave me aren't the terrible spicy variants, because he grows several. Once I made a terrible mistake of tasting a piece thinking it can't possibly be that bad. Oh it was! My whole guts burnt and hurt for the evening after eating the tiniest of bites. No matter what I drank or ate then, nothing helped. I'll be looking forward to seeing what I'll grow. If I later log here something like my growing experiments ruined my health, you'll know what I'm talking about :D

axelb likes this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

If it's only a day or so I don't see the point in logging it all, you can probably guess the amount, that's much what I did, I couldn't even remember much of what I ate over the weekend!

Everyone seems to get a public holiday this week, celebrations all round :cool:

7. Nachi

Well I kind of remember, but would prefer not to :D I am definitely not going to log it anywhere XD And it was 3 and half days! :O

Well, of course, celebratig the end of the WWII! You do not have holiday?

axelb likes this.
  8. Nachi

Wednesday 9.5.18

I planned to visit my friend as some of the past Wednesdays, but sensei kind of mentioned before that he might not make it today to the fakulty class. So I half expected a call, which, ure enough, came. I wasn't sure as I had some things to take care of after the weekend, but due to circumstances sensei will be early in the dojo tommorrow, so I made a trade :p Faculty for kids! And I think I won there :D

Karate at uni:

We started slightly late. I asked sensei to let the teacher who is overseeing the class there sort of know that I will be going there instead, since I need her to open the room for me. She was nowhere to be seen, but I remembered she was teaching basketball, so I found her there and she came and without a problem opened. Just told me to not get anyone injured. So I told the class not to even think about getting injured! :D
    I was thinking about what to do today and thought to look what training equipment I've got at home to make a circuit training - working out stations and karate technique ones.
    As usual, one of the first questions I got was if the usual sensei isn't coming, with terrified face.. I guess my classes are becoming notorious, but although I get all the ugly looks, I was told by a girl they do enjoy them, which made me rather happy ^^

However, I think this attitude dissapeared right during the warm-up... I used the crossfit abs work-out I find difficult, and therefore challenging and fun: 3 rounds of: 20 russian twists (I told everyone to grab their water bottle as a weight), 30 knees-to elbows (lying on back), 10 V-ups . Ok, I got some not very friendly stares after this and my muai thai friend who warned me not to overdo anything since he's sore or tired from yesterday actually splashed me with his water. Lol and he always looks so tough when it comes to exercises like these :D He very soon guessed where my inspiration came from, though :D

- Warm-up continuation: Jogging, ducks, side ducks, frogs, bear crawl and stuff like that across the room.

- Junbi Undo

- Circuit training: I found 6 pieces of equipment I brought and wanted to put 6 technique in between. I think it was all fated since the class numbered 12 people (me included) :)
    - I stopped the rounds at roughly 2,5 minutes, sometimes more probably.

- 10 kg kettlebell - I showed clean and jerk if someone wanted to try (most people tried clean), and offered goblet squats as an alternative or something to alternate the cleans with.
    - Mae geri to an improvised pad (mat I put against the wall)
    - Jumping rope (a big thick piece of rope)
    - Age uke
    - Slow San Ren tsuki (three punches) with 1 kg wrist weights
    - San Ren tsuki without weights, explosively, in shiko dachi
    - Ab wheel (from the knees as low as people feel comfortable and dont bend their backs)
    - Mawashi geri (and try chudan feint, jodan kick)
    - 16 kg kettlebell - the biggest challenge. I offered varieties as this will be an ok weight for some - well, probably one guy and my muai thai friend) and something rather heavier for most. I showed swings, which, obviously not everyone tried as it was purely voluntary. Most people did goblet squats, as the easiest things I showed walking with kettlbell at the chest level and deadlifts
    - Yoko uke
    - Jumping rope (the wire crossfit one)
    - Harai uke in shiko dachi

- In the last 10 mins I wanted to do something easy and thought of using the practising of the three blocks in the circuit training as a base for San Dan Gi Ichi. They said they already did this in one class, which was nice, we just quickly repeated it and tried 3 times with different partners.
    - 30 push-ups

During the circuit training I wanted to exercise, and I did, but when I spotted wrong technique I rushed to correct it. I paid a special attention to the kettlebells, where I went basically every round to explaing the technique properly and individually as people were struggling with that the most and there was also the greatest risk of injury so I wanted them to not do anything that looked like it may end bad :D I say that was the most problematic station, but... as I watched... I couldn't believe that people really, like really(!) struggle with the jumping rope. I didn't bother to go correct that, but what I saw sometimes... I know it takes time to find the rhytm if you didn't do it for a long time adn to get used to the particular rope, but I thought everyone had some basics. One guy was swinging his whole arms all the way up and down, jumping as high as he possibly could (even bending the knees to the max) while holding the rope wrapped around his hands, therefore making it extremely short... I really don't mean to sound mean, everyone has weak spots, but I was really surprised. I always thought this was something people learn in schools and shouldn't struggle with it that much...

Polar results (well, again, it was propably a bit more difficult than expected):
    Time: 1:15 (wow, we must have started really late)
    Max HR: 180 (kettlebell swings)
    Average HR: 142 (I was quite surprised this one was quite high)
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 658
    Fat burn: 27 %

Food log:

Breakfast 8:00
    - banana and flakes mug cake with white yogurt and strawberries
    - black tea with milk
    - 420 kcal

Snacking
    - Some protein chocolate yogurt I found in my half empty fridge
    - Fitness bar with protein, cookies and cream flavour, a small one
    - And my shame of the day... I found some sticks from the weekend and ate them whole as I didn't have anything for lunch anytime soon anyway...
    - 1112 kcal (835 for teh sticks) :(:oops:

Lunch 15:30 or so
    - Fresh bread still hot from the oven (I didn't have whey this time, but at least put plenty seeds in)
    - Liver paste
    - some lettuce leaves and 200 g of radishes (I enjoy this combo :D)
    - roughly 600 kcal

Snack
    - Some nut bar
    - 180 kcal

Dinner 22:45 (I ran errands after training and did some work first)
    - Veggie salad (tomatoe, cucumber, red bell pepper, lettuce, fresh basil leaves, balsamico vinegar, pepper) with feta cheese
    - Around or a bit less than 300 kcal probably
    - Matcha with milk

Eaten: 2650 kcal (oh my gosh! :eek: Damn those sticks!)
    Luckily my Polar watch says I have 2850 kcal burnt today (hmm, what an active day! No wonder I'm tired)
    Still, I need to get serious...

And while I'm at it, I will try logging my sleep time. I had a perios not too long ago sleeping around 6 and half hours all the time and found out I am really not very productive and just feeling at my best than. And since my Polar watch logs it, but not always very accurately, I'll try here. So, I'll start by saying I slept 8-10 hours daily this weekend, but today was a bit worse, 6 hours.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    axelb likes this.
  9. axelb

The activity watches are useful as sometimes you don't realize how much you burn from not "working out" just moving around a lot.

I tracked my sleep as I had snoring problems, it accounts for a lot, and I can anticipate illness or over training before the usual symptoms occur.

We had May day, which isn't really related, but I guess they cannot give us 2 public holidays in a week.

Nachi likes this.
  10. Nachi

Yep, sometimes, like yesterday, it really was surprising!

Aaaah, that sounds like a useful thing to do. I haven't discovered my snoring or any similar trouble yet, luckily :)

What's a May day? Well why not? We have holiday on both 1st and 8th May :D It is also a great dissapointment in years when both those days fall on the weekend...

11. axelb

it's a celebration for the start of spring, I'm not sure which other countries have it. Usually has morris dancing which looks like escrima with ribbons and bells.

Nachi likes this.
  12. Nachi

Thursday: I had made the trade with sensei, so I didn't need to be in the dojo early for the kids class. In the end, since I had plenty of stuff to do and didn't need to be in the dojo (and there were storms anyway, so I couldn't ride my motorbike, but would have to take my car), I decided to skip today.
    I didn't write the food log, as for the sleep, I wanted to go early, but because of some work, only slept 6 hours again, well, actually slightly less than six, feeling drained, which added to my willingness to skip class.

Friday 11.5.
    As for the sleep for today, it was, yet again, something little over 6 hours... although I feelbetter today. I should catch up soon, though! :)

CrossFit:

- WU: 3 rounds of: 200 m rowing, 15 air squats, 15 m bear walk, 15 V-ups
    - stretching

- Straight to WoD today as it was long! Time cap: 35 mins

30 rounds of:
    - 5 wall balls (14 lbs)
    - 3 handstand push ups (I did more or less normal push-ups with feet on a 60 cm tall box)
    - 1 power clean (40 kg)

I had no idea if this was going to be difficult, but had a hunch it would :D I scaled down the push-ups as I can't do the handstand ones. But I decided to keep the RX weight for cleans. It is not very light but only 1 clean at a time. If I could do 30 like this in total, I didn't know, but I did, without any real trouble. Just paid less attention to form, to be honest. I think I was doing quite good, also having a spot across from one of the good guys let me know that I was on par with him. But, despite me trying to resist it, my allergic-enduced runny nose made me use a handkerchief a few times (and drinking 3 times maybe) and I lost two rounds on him. If I pushed and didn't take a breather before every clean, I could probably lessen that time, but... I didn't really feel like it :D I finished 90 s after him, with my time 25:25. Which was, apparently, so far the second best (guess after who!) I didn't watch the guy all the time, though, it's just that I met him at the wall ball targets. So I asked at the end how did he do it, considering he did the proper handstand push-ups, therefore, in my opinion, had it much harder, and we talked a bit.
    Most people, well, everyone else finished after 30 mins and mostly close to the time cap. Scaled or not. Conclusion: today's WoD was probably quite my fit, but I can't really be happy about finishing fast since I scaled the push-ups down. A lot. :(

Polar results (well, again, it was propably a bit more difficult than expected):
    Time: 1:10
    Max HR: 183
    Average HR: 148
    Training benefit: Tempo & Maximum training
    Kcal: 663
    Fat burn: 22 %

Food log:

Breakfast 8:00
    - banana and flakes mug cake with white yogurt and strawberries
    - black tea with milk
    - 420 kcal

Snacking
    - I baked this delicious, but not overly sweet strawberry cake. And.. ate a lot. Let's estimate I ate 400 g throughout the day, so it would be 660 kcal.

Lunch 14:00 or so
    - Chicken Tikka Masala with basmati rice
    - roughly (I don't know how much I ate) 500 kcal

Dinner 18:30
    - Home made bread with home made cheese with fresh and dried herbs and spices with a slice of low-fat cheese and radishes
    - 570 kcal
    - Matcha with milk, 50 kcal
    (maybe some veggies later if I'm hungry and I'm quite sure I'll be)

...and I have this nice vision of a glass of red wine! So I'll count it right in :D
    - 150 kcal

Kcal intake: 2350 (damn cake!), net: It says 1450 kcal. Just a bit over my limit :/ Hmm, the wine could safe the day if I don't have it, but... it is a really nice vision, so I'll seee :D

axelb likes this.
  13. Nachi

No particular training during the weekend, just an over an hour long walk on Saturday, some 430 kcal burnt and on Sunday we made a short bicycle trip at a not overly ruhsed pace.

Bicycle trip:

Time: 1:26
    Max HR: 163
    Average HR: 136
    Training benefit: Steady State training +
    Kcal: 669
    Fat burn: 34 %
    Distance: 21,7 km.

I also did some shopping for clothes (my jeans got torn and if I hate something it's shopping for jeans!), so I walked there and actually burnt 2850 kcal for today!
    Slept well, caught up on sleep on Saturnday, 8,5 hours, for Sunday 7 and something.

axelb and Morik like this.
  14. Nachi

Monday 14.5.18

CrossFit:
    Today's training was rather funny :)
    I came just a minute late when everyone was headed toward the rowing machines, instructor the other way, just towards me, telling me the warm-up is 800 m on ait bike, rowing machine or some other machine which name I forgot and didn't hear well now, that was added to the collection just a couple of weeks ago maybe. Since there were just enough people to use all the rowing machines and air bikes, I could just stare at the now whatever-that-thing-is doing, so I decided to run instead, but met the instructo again, so I asked him if the third option was this whatever-thing-that-I-have-no-idea-what-it-does? Or can I just run? He said cool, I can just try it. It turned out the name was SkiERG and it actually simulates crosscountry skiing! Well, just the arms work-out though, no legs. Explained like this I tried. It seemed to involve triceps quite a bit! I only did 530 m, though, because by this time everyone was done and headed somewhere. And I don't wanna be left behind! D:

- stretching

- TGU - twice per side. We were to start not overly heavy and we could do the second try with a heavier kettlebell, so I chose 12 kg and 16 kg for the other.

- We started clean practise. I had no time to go check the board before, so I used the time when instructor went away, to go check inconspicuously, but I was seen and commented about what I was doing, sneaking a peek there or what? Turned out the practise was for a 10-min EMOM with 2 power-cleans each minute but without putting it down or touching the floor with the barbell in between the two. I started one rep with 35 kg, added to 40 kg, in the middle took 45 kg and for the final round did 50 kg.

- Then we were to use 4 or 5 rounds to add weights to our back squats, finding our 10-rep max. I like back squats and I decided to not go too easy for me, so I was a bit nervous when I realised I was adding more than my neighbor, who seems stronger to me. But I told myself whatever, I already know I can do this, I can slow down later and I need to work properly! After a few squats with an empty bar I did:
    10x35 kg
    10x45 kg
    10x55 kg

At this point the instructor came by nodding and happy to see some weight on, checking on me, too. He said it was way too easy and I have big reserves there. I did have reserves, though not sure how big they were XD Well, since I decided to work properly, I added 10 kg more:
    10x65 kg
    ...which met with the instructors approval. I actually did find the highest max of the women present, guys had something ranging from 65 to 80 kg, mabye more, I am not sure. I was happy about it! ^^

We then went to the board to write down our results. I have no idea how it's possible since he already knew twice, but the instructor still couldn't remember my name! Obviously he was trying hard and also guessed "Káťa" = "Catherine". :mad:

We then went onto the main WOD, which, as I checked before, was nasty. I really didn't want to run today, which we luckily didn't, but this couldn't have been much better:

- 100 burpees for time! (time cap: 12 mins)
    - Yeeeeah, we were all very happy about this :D
    - I started, didn't take long breaks, only short one, trying to keep more or less steady pace. Not much to say about it, just that I focused my mind on the word "lightness" . I realised it feels easier when I do it with a sort of a "grace" and in one movement, sort of diving down headfirst, not thinking about it as a strenght exercise, or how to explain. Which helped, together with trying to bend my legs as little as possible, since it was making things harder and after all those squats... I tried to go as fast as possible for the last 10 reps, aking a short tiny break in the middle and then I just let myself fall onto the floor catching my breath. By this point, I for a second time ever, reached a HR of 191 bpm. I finished at 8:07 which was a time wimilar to the first half of people (except for one crazy guy who did it a full minute faster :O ).
    Anyway, as I was lying there, dying, the instructor came for a high five as usual and when he was passing by me to high five with the next person, he uttered "Good job, Káťa!" Great, he's done it now! Breathing or not, I jumped up, caught up with him and kicked him XD

When I then changed, showered and was leaving the gym, I said bye to him and another women who's name I don't know, but who is usually trying to guess and learn the names of everyone, asking me last time if I was Alice and she remembers it well. The instructor stayd true to his provoking and said: "Bye, Káťa!". The woman was about to say the same, when I shot him an ugly look with "I am no Káťa!" Completely confusing the woman, who also started an argument with the instructor: "What? No wonder I still can't remember people's namey if you confuse me like this!" and so on and actually punched his shoulder (Nice! Go get him! :D ). By this point I was half ignored and he went: "But look at her (=me)! She actually kicked me today! Like this! And proceeded to show her just how I did it :D :D ). Fun times :D

Polar results:
    Time: 1:09
    Max HR: 191!
    Average HR: 137
    Training benefit: Maximum training (reaching the 5th HR zone in the last set of squats and for over 7 mins of the WoD)
    Kcal: 568
    Fat burn: 29 %

As I was lying there it is easy to see the recovery HR for today. A minute from the 191 bpm I had 154 bpm, the steep decline stopped for a while at 150 bpm after 1:05, then there's another spike as I went for the kick O:)

Kcal eaten today: 2050 kcal, net: 1284, cool! :)
    Sleeptime: Probably around 6,5 hours.

axelb likes this.
  15. Nachi

Tuesday 15.5.

Karate class:
    I came 20 minutes late, because there was absolutely terrible traffic, but... they were just starting the class as someone started with cleaning it before..
    I was in quite a lazy mood since i came, actually I started having a slight sore throat on the way there, so the very lazy stretching fit me nicely :D

We did some kihon techniques (blocks and strikes - hiki uke and nukite tsuki, shuto uchi - all open handed. Then we practised Gekisai Dai Ni bunkai together (there were five of us and sensei), later we did bunkai for Gekisai Dai Ichi, Ni and Saifa, where one people defended, the rest attacked consecutively, first round easy, then with kiai. I have to say I was feeling a bit tired (no wonder, I again slept around or slightly under 6,5 hours) and well, utterly confused. Although I tried to focus, I often forgot what type of attack I was supposed to do or did something completely different and completely confused the defender :D The fact that I was talking to sensei in the midst of it didn't help much. When I was defending, I started with Saifa bunkai right after Gekisai Dai Ichi. When senesi laughed and corrected me, I did, after some thinking, first bunkai of GKI, but without a blink continued with second bunkai of Saifa, again, confusing the attackers. I found it really hard to focus today and didn't feel the best. Sensei luckily had a lazy mood, too, so after this we basically practised kata and I was feeling increasingly weak. I did what and how well i could, but could use a break, which sensei noticed, sent me to get a drink and actually brought me a delicious piece of chocolate. We went to a restaurant afterward and I felt how some cold is overcoming me with all the typical symptoms of higher temperature, so I wasn't very energetic. Indeed, I have 38,3°C now, so a slight fever, which is a bit more than expected, but expected. I hope it goes away just as quick as last time so that I am fit for the Saturday seminar. Lately, I seem to be getting these viroses or what it is just out of nowhere... I'll see how fit I am for training tommorrow, but I think a good night's sleep can improve things muchly ^^

Polar results:
    The training was very relaxed today.
    Time: 1:50 (the actual training was a bit less, I only managed to switch the recording off after taking a shower. A long and a hot one :D)
    Max HR: 157
    Average HR: 113
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 537
    Fat burn: 44 %

Sleep: Around 6,5 hours

axelb likes this.
  16. axelb

I'm not sure if your polar has the same, I have a recovery status (which seems more geared to running) - when you load up a lot of volume/intensity, then it moves into a stressed state, and suggests a time period to return to a balanced training state.

17. Nachi

Hmm, that sounds very sophisticated, I don't think I have that. I have the general use Polar, no one of those made mostly for running.

And also I mostly only wear the chest strap for trainings now. Although before I had it I used the watch and it never showed anything like that.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    axelb likes this.
  18. Nachi

Wednesday:

Rest day. I have quite a headache the whole day and later the fever returned. Sensei apparently didn't make it to class, either, therefore cancelled it. Well, at least I didn't really "miss" anything. Today was supposed to be the last class at the faculty for the semester, if not ever, as sensei doesn't apparently have much time for it.

19. axelb

Hope you feel better after a rest day!
    It's on the flow page, but you can probably work something similar out based on average HR /calories burnt, then make recovery time based on cumulative training load.

I've seen a few other sites doing similar analytics.

Screenshot_2018-05-16-20-34-52.png

20. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

From their website: Note that the recovery status feature is available for V650, V800, M400, M430, M450 and M460.
    I don't know which model Nachi has, but I have an H10 and I don't get recovery status. I only wear it when I'm training.

axelb likes this.