Mysticism in FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by qccirclejunkie, Dec 30, 2005.

1. pinoy

pinoy Valued Member

hey i have here, much cheaper than airforce one, not beautiful as the latter though :p

2. shax

shax Valued Member

hi

my parents are from india and i have been over to our village in india a few times.

over there it is quite common to see demos of people hacking themselves with knives and swords and not getting cut.

i have seen this with my own eyes. the spectators are allowed to view the knives before and after and can view from only a few feet away. at one point a guy lay down on the floor vertically holding a sword to his chest pointy side down and another guy smashed open a coconut on the opposite side of the sword on the the top part of the hilt. i know there are many fakers out there but it seemed very real to me and we were allowed to get up close and also check the knives.

personally i think this can be achieved in two ways. either through the dark arts or through the untapped powers of the human body.

i am a sufi and i have seen and experienced some crazy stuff from the more experienced sufi's.

3. Limbas

Limbas Valued Member

Tell some of you experience Shax.

4. pogiboy619

pogiboy619 New Member

Instructor with a limp

Hey now, I'm being taught by a guy with a limp. It's not his fault he had polio as a child, but he more than makes up for it by having some of the fastest hands in FMA.

5. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

good to have another 'pogi' pinoy on board. I thought I was the only one...lol :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  6. TongPu

TongPu New Member

There's this legend I heard:

Talismans or "anting-anting" , those that give protections in fighting, has "expiration dates". Usually it's power wanes and are renewed during good Friday.

So there's this ancient grave site in the mountains of Quezon (south of Manila) where the people with this type of talismans go during the eve of Good Friday bringing with them their swords, knives, and spears to renew their talismans.

Then as the eve approach, after some ceremony that know one knows about, a free for all ensues. Anyone hanging around is free game to be hack and slash and stab. The renewed talismans will protect them from getting seriously hurt. It's a good venue to tests one's martial skills too as no one is willing to get hacked without defending and hacking back.

Those leaving near the area can hear the screams and war cries... In the morning, the bodies of those whose talismans are not working anymore will be found hacked, slashed, and stabbed.

Anyone is welcome to watch.... just bring your sword and hope your talisman is working ...

7. sangot

sangot New Member

...nice maybe you can video tape it...send a clips

8. stickfan1

stickfan1 New Member

pinoy humour

sounds too dangerous... would you want to try and video with blades flying in a free for all ;)

If anyone does go please, please remember your anting-anting underpants! :D

I would lend you mine Sangot if you wish to go...but they're stained :eek:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  9. qccirclejunkie

qccirclejunkie New Member

Hmmm... so how does this work? One only needs to wash the underpants every Good Friday? By Christmas it will be a powerful weapon indeed! :eek:

10. sangot

sangot New Member

...so you did the "subok" last friday?