My Videos

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by EmilM, Mar 26, 2008.

1. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hi bro im good thanks and you?,

Yeah covered already many times i dare say,to use a Thai phrase i like Mern gan Ter dek darn..Same same but different!:)

2. EmilM

EmilM Valued Member

:eek:

[ame]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=GngCvxbzF9U[/ame]​

3. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

lol send it to You've been framed! 200 quid for that!

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

That'll teach him to hold the pad wrong.

5. EmilM

EmilM Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1QLJUxPOxE"]Jeet Kune Do Sparring part 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

Sparring, no contact.

regards,
    EM

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

That's really good Emil. If I could put one technical suggestion on the table - maybe "gentleman's agreement" breaks are a bad thing - like, stopping after every skirmish, "re-setting" with a touch of the gloves.

If you notice, your opponent just gives up every ten seconds, once you've out-trapped him. That's not good for him, and it's not good for you - you should keep hitting him and shouting at him to never give in.

As a technical suggestion, I believe it is more useful to set a time - like three minutes - and in that time, you are at war - no gentleman's agreement stops, no breaks, no touching gloves, no giving up when he's against the wall.

Obviously, you can stop if a glove comes off, or someone taps out - or shouts "I give in" - but you should even ignore that if they always give in too easy. You should keep hitting them, shouting at them to never give in, lol.

I'm not saying that's better than what you are doing, it's just another idea - or possibility on the table to consider or reject. In my own training I have a mantra of never training bad habits - so I'm always looking out for bad habits to eliminate, because we sometimes forget that EVERYTHING we're training is becoming embedded as second nature - not just martial arts techniques, but how and when we give in, how we drop our hands after each combo, etc.

Peace - keep up the good work - you all look like very fast kickers!

7. EmilM

EmilM Valued Member

Students sparring, light contact.

regards,
    EM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsDY8Qfy80w"]Jeet Kune Do Sparring part 2 - YouTube[/ame]​

8. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I know you're above replying to comments on your videos, but you should completely eliminate all the glove touching, walk-aways, give-ups, back-turns, guard drops - all the little artificial segmentation of the sparring session. You should press the opponent back and back and keep hitting them until they fight back.

What you're allowing there is for them to learn, via repetitive error, the idea that you can just give up, not only that, that you should just give up. It's completely wrong.

What should happen, and what should be encouraged to happen, is the guy who gets leathered in this video should wait for the other guy to drop his guard, like he does numerous times, quite satisfied that he's patty-caked the other guy in to submission - then clock him one right in the mouth - he'll be doing him favour.

Otherwise, yeah, he's really good - but it's perfectly possible for grown men to take a lot more contact than that and still walk away from daily training ok - and it might just affect, and evolve for the better their style and application.

9. crushing step

crushing step Valued Member

Some gems here. You invited comments, so I'll try to be nice.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zguPoM3xk[/ame]

based on your TKD background alone, this video does not compute. From your resume, you supposedly hold the following belts:

The kicking in this video does not at all show me black belt level skill for a tae kwon do practitioner.

And then we have this steaming mess:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5kDIiunSrc[/ame]

Look man, doing your "martial arts" outside does not constitute "street self defense".

Without outright flaming you, there is really nothing good I can say. If you were a general practitioner keeping to himself, that's one thing. But the thought of you teaching others to be like you is pretty scary.

10. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

God dammit Yohan, I take how much time off from these forums, and you talkin jive stuff like this!!??

11. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

crushing step. i was always taught if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. that's why i'm keeping quiet. :p

12. KempoFist

Adversity makes us grow, complacency lets us stagnate. I argue and say mean things all the time....because I care :)

13. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

haha. good point. only i guess i really don't care because some people are just going to do whatever they want regardless of the truths revealed to them.

14. KempoFist

Yeah I found that out a long time ago. In truth I argue and say mean things because I'm a dick

15. Yohan

I see a lot of problems with that. These kids don't have the most rudimentary fighting basics in their tool box. They are not keeping their hands up. They are not moving back consistently when the other person attacks. Your boy leads with high kicks. There is very little contact so there is no respect for any attack. They never get past wrist grabbing on the grappling. Pattycake punching. In addition, as FQ says, it's that hit-stop, hit-stop mentality, and the one dude just folds every time the pressure gets turned on.

16. Yohan

Dude you really dug back in the archives for this gem. What can I say? I was trying to be nice.

17. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

rotflmao! i about died when i read this! thanks for the honesty. :cool: awesome

18. crushing step

crushing step Valued Member

Well I'm trying NOT to be a dick with this guy. But the "come look at all my videos and how awesome I am" just invites it, ya know?

19. DaeHanL

DaeHanL FortuneCracker

for sure. someone else mentioned this before. the problem is he posts, but he doesn't even reply to our posts about it. basically saying, here's my vid, be in awe. if you don't like it, sit on it.

personally i almost fell on the ground when i watched him practicing some sort of hand flurry in the middle of that field. LOL

20. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Dude, that was the infamous fists of fury!