My second N-Class fight is near!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. daggers

daggers Valued Member

I don't understand why it wasn't a decision fight?? If it wasn't controlled contact
    I'd feel robbed! All that work for a no decision!

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Come on Daggers you do understand,its Rudkin and UKMTF :)

3. daggers

daggers Valued Member

Haha thank god someone else understands :)

4. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

They're not tournaments. They more like club meets. We organize attendance at club level and then rock up on the day, pay a fee for entry, then fight against someone else of similar weight and experience. Different host clubs will arrange things in different ways but generally the format is similar from what I have experienced so far.

I don't think I'd change the way I am training. Probably just focus a little more on my weaker areas, but that will come in time as I've only been doing this for a few months now.

The level of contact (heavy) was agreed upon by both parties. The reason why it wasn't a decision fight is because I do not hold a current UKMF license. Under UKMF regulations they do not allow you to fight decision fights without holding one.

Personally, I just like to fight. I don't care if it is a decision fight or not. I do it for the fun of it, so it matters little to me.

If you want to complain about the federation we were fighting under or their rules, or whatever else that isn't really relevant, do it elsewhere. It really has nothing to do with me, I have absolutely zero power over them, and I'm not particular interested in discussing the subject here whatsoever.

Thanks.

5. Unreal Combat

Video of the bout, though it doesn't capture some parts too well (completely miss the sweep which I thought was a nice shot). There's a better video on Facebook but I don't think I can embed Facebook video here.

Anyway here you go.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-aKaIWSefA"]Muay Thai 8 Interclub[/ame]

Keep any criticism constructive, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Nice work! :fight1:
    Could you put up a link to the other vid?

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

And that is the bottom line - I think us all on the same page with this.

To reiterate Dave, linking your vids will also have the effect of seeing you evolve as a fighter over the course of things​

8. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

As far as constructive criticism goes I think you did great keeping moving and that was a great catch of his kick! Maybe you could throw more combos as opposed to one off punches/kicks. Also if you wanna land those head kicks you gotta set em up.

9. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

This was most definitely a harder match with a more difficult, more fit opponent than you faced in yer previous bouts. You took a bad leg kick - one that'd had me wanting to buckle under - but you looked no worse for the wear.

I think you proved your mettle this evening with your ability to take hard shots and not let 'em turn you to butter.

Also like the fact you maintained the trad MT stance throughout.

10. Unreal Combat

Yeah, I was a bit wary as he's apparently pretty decent, more of a kickboxing background as I am. I didn't want to overly commit against him, though he drew me into that a bit in round two after I swept him to the mat.

Definitely a much better opponent. That's how I want it though. I'm not going to get better by taking the easy fighters on.

On the video it shows he caught me with a solid shot after the sweep in round 2. Honestly? The leg strike at the end of round 1 (after the uppercut that left him wondering which corner to go to) hurt a lot more. That actually gave me a dead leg. :D

It was important I didn't show anything. I got a lot of praise and respect for taking his hard strikes while not showing anything.

And yeah, I was trying to focus more on the Muay Thai style, especially taking into account my first Interclub matchup, though I used a lot of inside leg kickboxing sweeps to try and put him off of kicking. I think here I should have gone outside leg Muay Thai roundhouses more.

Watching the video there's a lot I reflect on and think I could do different, but I don't think it was a bad performance personally. I think it was a good entertaining, and fairly even, matchup. I enjoyed it. :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Nice work UC! Kudos as always for posting.

Good stance work, well composed, Nice leg sweep and some nice hand combinations. Only thing I would say is be wary of backing up to much when under pressure is it is easy to get in trouble from this position but overall excellent performance mate against a game opponent.

Nice one!

Cheers

Dan

12. Unreal Combat

Think I definitely need to try and hold centre more. Something I will look to work on in training in the future.

Thanks for your feedback Dan. :)

13. Unreal Combat

Here you go. I downloaded it from Facebook and uploaded it to my Youtube channel.

Same fight just taken from the crowds view. The other was taken from one of the unmanned corners.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKJf46CiL7E"]Muay Thai 8 Interclub[/ame]

I also ordered the DVD, which will show the fight from a more isometric angle. Should get it by the end of the week hopefully. When I get it I will post that one up as well.

14. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Massive respect mate. Anyone stepping up to fight gets huge props from me. Not an easy thing to do, can't wait till my first.

Baza

15. Unreal Combat

Thanks mate. Look forward to seeing your first!

16. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

You took a cracking left hand :)

Was it "worse than it looks" ? Or did it actually rock you a bit?

17. Unreal Combat

Straight, honest to god, truth. It didn't rock me one bit. It looks worse on the video than it felt. I didn't realise how good a strike that was until I watched the video after. That's not me trying to be big, if it did rock me I'd just say so, it just didn't bother me at all.

The only strike that actually hurt me was the leg strike right after I stopped him in round one. That gave me a dead leg that I'm still feeling today, lol. He was strong and landed a few nice strikes, but that leg strike was the only one that truly hurt me.

18. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yeah its why I asked. I took some hits that I didn't notice until someone showed me on a video and I've learnt that after seeing a big hit, look at the reaction after.
    I couldn't tell if you were rocked or just composing yourself.

Either way, good on you.

19. Unreal Combat

Thanks mate.

20. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Nice work fella, good, strong, gutsy performance.

Mitch

Just a question to ask, and I've got no experience in this so if it's a stupid question apologies :D

In the mid 40's it looks like you drop your hands in response to a teep, then throw a left hook, but your head is up and looks exposed (though it looks like your chin's pulled back). When you get hit with that big left later, it looks like a similar thing, hands are down and the heads up and open as a result.

There's probably a really good reason for it, like avoiding a follow up of whatever sort, or it may be the camera work, or it may just be that I don't know what I'm talking about :D

So what's the classic MT response?

Cheers,
    Mitch

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014