My Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Incredible Bulk, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

MON:
    AM - Cardio, regular paced jog, 3-5km
    PM - weights - routine A

TUE:
    AM - Cardio, burst training
    PM - BJJ

WED:
    AM - Weights - Routine B
    PM - Wrestling

THUR:
    AM - Nothing
    PM - Cardio, Burst training

FRI:
    AM - Weights - Routine A
    PM - Muay Thai

Sat:
    AM - Nothing
    PM - Sparring session

SUN:
    AM - Nothing
    PM - Nothing

Weight Routines:

A- Bench, Clean and Press, Chins, Bent Row, Barbell Curls, Skulls

B- Squat, Deadlift, Glute Ham Rasies, ab work

Comments welcome, no off topic ones though

2. Incredible Bulk

40 views and nadda....

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I won't leave you hanging brother!

Can't see too much wrong with the set up Bulk! Just make sure you get plenty of rest! (coming from me, that is saying something :rolleyes: ) You seem to have plenty of recovery time in the routine. As you get closer to your cut, are you going to switch your weight work to a more "endurance" type of routine? Are you planning to cycle between strength and endurance?

The routine you have above, provided you can keep it with your work/lifestyle, seems quite adaptable.

Narc

4. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

You got all the right excercises in there, judging by the numbers your putting up it seems to be working.

2 things that you might wanna add are calve raises and good mornings (if your back is up to it).

5. Incredible Bulk

hey narc, good to see you back here bro

I'm tempted to switch more up to an endurance workout but i dont want to sacrifice the strength gains i've made and lose one of my main attributes.

Cycling between the two however sounds like a good plan...

5 weeks - strength and size
    2 weeks - endurance
    1 week deload
    1 week off

rinse and repeat

6. Incredible Bulk

hmmm... calves are not a weak point but i agree they need to be worked addtionally. I'll throw them in

I'll skip on the good mornings as my back is nuked from the deads :p :D

7. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

just one comment....i noticed that you got it split into upper body and lowerbody.....am i observant or what.

however if your doing clean and jerks right they are really more of a lowerbody exercise.....so if you can ...it is hard to find them ...it would bea good idea to find a coach who can tighten up your tech

8. Incredible Bulk

i see what your saying but there is a difference in what i'm doing

clean and jerk =
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gLG_vPOyX5g&feature=related

clean and press =

i'm cleaning the weight with no issues at all to the collarbone, its mainly working on my delts and triceps when i press it military style above my head

9. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

I certainly am not advocating losing your strength Bulk. Um Mmmm! I was just thinking that as you get closer to your cut, you should work on the endurance. My thinking is that with calorie restriction you might also suffer in the endurance area as well. Working on endurance while reducing calories will help your body deal with the decrease in available calories for energy. Sort of helping your body get the most out of your diet while keeping you ready for extended energy expenditure.

As you know, I am in no way experienced in MMA and prepping for a match. Just giving you my opinion only. I could be way off base since I don't have weight categories in my tournaments.

10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

If it ain't broke....

11. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

is that you...that was one fine clean jerk....nice pull, great catch...you really got all of that.

as far as the clean and press......i understand now

12. Incredible Bulk

taken on board, cheers narc :)

13. Incredible Bulk

not me lol, i just youtube'd a few things to get the examples on here, easier to explain this way