My routine, please critique

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kratos, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I have started weightlifting again a couple of weeks ago and I would like to do some more serious strength training now, instead of playing around with the weights a bit.

I tried to make a routine to the best of my ability, but I’m not even close to being an expert so I would like some critique on what I can improve. I will be training twice a week for now and will do a fullbody workout.

Exercises:

Squats (3x8)
    Benchpress (3x8)
    Chin-ups (5x3)
    Military press (3x8)
    Wrist Curls (2x 2x12)
    Seated cable rows / power shrugs (3x8)

Squats
    I don’t have a squat rack available, but I could do dumbell squats for now. I have also been looking at zercher squats, but like to get some opinions on those first. Maybe I could do a light set with the zerchers and then do the other sets with dumbells?

Chin-ups
    I will try to get to 5 sets of 3 first, then I will see what to do next.

Any questions, critique or tips please post them…

Cheers!

2. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

Deadlifts??

try finding a place where there is a squat rack

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

You can always full clean or PC and front squat, power snatch+OH squat

4. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Would it be a good idea to drop squats on day 2 and then combine the deadlifts with the power shrugs? So it would be something like deadlift-shrug-shrug. Then I could do that for about 8 sets?

I do not have the money at the moment (being a poor student :() to join another gym (this is one is real cheap), but will certainly keep it in mind and move my training activities when I do. :)

I could check out the front squat, but I think the power snatch and OH-squat is a bit too much for me.