My new philosophy on training...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Noib Da Mutt, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob1770

Bob1770 Valued Member

Sorry Yoda, no disrespect meant by my addition of why Brucie died, but....his heart stopped beating! :D

2. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

Im not interested in great gain.

I just survive on this with no excess.

ps- werent you the guy who had a programme that involved hopping a mile in one direction, then hopping back to the start on the other leg AND THEN sprinting?

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

That's the one!

4. Bob1770

Bob1770 Valued Member

ps- werent you the guy who had a programme that involved hopping a mile in one direction, then hopping back to the start on the other leg AND THEN sprinting?[/QUOTE]

LOL, maybe he was studying Bunny Style Kung Fu!

5. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

wow heres an idea noib, why dont you go and do something instead of posting crap about whatever your latest retarded training idea is.

just a thought.

6. semphoon

semphoon walk idiot, walk.

OK, so that was you Noib. I ask in seriousness-

What type of results did you see from this?

How did you fit it into your programme?

7. hazzamoffin

hazzamoffin New Member

Hey, I reckon you should leave of noib and encourage him to take up his personal idea on training.

Mainly because then he would be too busy to post these stupid ideas, and then i wouldn't waste my time replying

Still is suppose with his ideas on earning a living i'll just have to wait it out till the power gets cut to his house.

Now, in the interest of MAP peace, and my continued stay here, i will apologise for any offense caused . . . . in a minute or two

Quick . . . whats that over there

Haha fooled you, i live to mock you again

sorry got carried away there

8. cxw

cxw Valued Member

No. Your body will detoriate - you'll get repetitive stress injuries.

If you incapable of doing it, then how can you achieve this?

Sound likes fun! :D

Magic?

Is there a money back gaurantee thrown in?

9. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

great idea... :p
    -TkdWarrior-

10. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

sick obession of getting money and things ???
    let me guess... after your training routine... wat you'll have..??
    Health??? Nah...
    Money?? hey dude u forgot to work for sick obsession... nada...
    things(i.e. sex :p) ?? u die virgin at 80 :p... no... you wn't live that long with ur training routine... phew thank god.. at least you won't die virgin at 80...
    -TkdWarrior-

11. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

*sigh*... incredible... and you wonder why so many Westerners go to China, Thailand, or Japan and get their behinds whupped... See, for some people training is a way of life, even in the West, but especially in the East, I figure, why not adopt Eastern principals?... Try to see things outside of your own limited perspectives instead of thinking you're wise with your ability to insult someone with pictures and one-liners...

12. Noib Da Mutt

read Siddhartha by Herman Hesse...

13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Because they figure that all Asians know martial arts and do it as their proffession, so they get the crap beat out of them by angry mobs of people who don't like ignorant racists?

I don't know how old you are, but I'd say around 15. You don't have a job, and don't need to support yourself because you live with your parents, that's why you have crazy notions like this. Yet you don't actually train the way you say you do, you just spout philosophies all day long, hoping that you might get some followers and some respect.

This is the way it REALLY works: You need to sleep, eat, and crap. In order to do that safely and comfortably, you'll need some money. The way you get money is with a JOB. OOPS! Minimum wage won't sustain you. What's next? Go to school? Well, if you're lucky like me and get to live with your parents while you do it, you only have to work part time + financial aid, and you can get by. Wait, part time work, full time school, + homework...? How much time left for training? Well, I only have time to train on Tuesdays and Wednesdays if I'm lucky. Usually only one of those days.

PL

14. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

quite. I am very lucky because my dad is pretty rich and gives me an allowance so i can focus on schoolwork and training. but i nthe big bad real world, you will have a job and hardly any time for MA unless you become a hermit.

15. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

While we're on the subject, if I added up all the time that I spend lifting, shadowboxing, whatever, to the time I spend training, I'd have about 2-3 hours a day or thereabouts.
    That doesn't count though. For somebody at a skill level like mine, or I dare to say noib's, what counts is the amount of time you spend in the gym being instructed.
    This is why posts like that annoy me so much. I work, and send a LOT of money to my parents and for my little sister's education, and then somebody gets on the internet and posts about how he trains 2-3 hours a day and that's not particularly hard.
    Get lost.

16. Noib Da Mutt

way to prove your stupidity by making assumptions... For your information, I'm in college, and I DO work, mainly so that I can pay for my training and trip to Thailand this summer... But that's ok, since you assume I do nothing but post crap on the internet when in reality I post rarely, and when I do it's on a thread that I've made... I'm in the same situation as you except I live on my own and don't make excuses why I can't train... 3 days a week I go to the dojo for mixed martial arts training sessions which are each about 3 hours in length each, in addition I lift weights and still do at least an hour of my own personal training EVERY DAY but Sundays, which are a devoted day of rest... I don't make excuses, I do what I can because it's important, and I wish that I could do more, that's why I'm dedicating my summer to it, so before you choose to judge me, know who I am first, don't be another net-whiner... I honestly don't mind being disliked on this site for having different ideas, it's just frustrating that so many so-called martial artists lack the ability to process new ideas maturely or state their opinions without sounding like children or pompous, antagonistic know-it-alls with nothing original in their thought process whatsoever...

17. Noib Da Mutt

actually. what matters is the amount of time you spend drilling yourself on what you've learned...

btw, what does my post have to do with you sending money to your sister? I fail to see the relevance...

18. leeless

leeless Handshaker extraordinaire

How can training be a way of life in todays west? How can it be a way of life in Japan? How can it be a way of life in Thailand? The Shaolin in China is a business and before that they begged (and still do). So really, begging is a way of life, not training, because you can't LIVE on training.

Another thing...why do you proclaim when you are faced with disagreement, that they (in this case, EVERYONE ELSE) are not "thinking outside their own limited perspectives"?

Maybe its time you achknowledged your own limited perspectives instead of ignoring people who have lived and experienced life to a much greater extent than your (I'm assuming) unremarkable adolesence.

PS: I fear you wouldn't know wisdom if it slapped you with a trout.

19. Humblebee

Humblebee PaciFIST's evil twin

Read it many times what about it.
    :confused:

In one of your past threads you claimed you couldn't train right if you were not feeling spiritual.In your new philosophy on training you dont mention being spiritual,funny that.
    Anyway what will happen if you wake up one morning ready to train and your spirituality has got up before you and left the building are you still going to train or wait for it to return,you could always hop after it. :D

20. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

sigh...

u know we have a proverb here... "Bhuke pait bhajan na hoye gopala " which basically means "you can't even praise your god empty stomach"

ok give me some Eastern principals... I Lived in India all my life... I believed in my culture and understanding of it... I conversed with ppl with other cultures/religion and view points ie chinese/japanses etc etc... so I m still wondering wat philosophies u r tlakin about...

I used to practice 8 hrs a day when I was around 15... that's besides my school time/home work and other stuff... but that's it... there was no other worry in that time...

-TkdWarrior-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.